Author Topic: Quick stike rigs  (Read 990 times)

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
Quick stike rigs
« on: Jan 24, 2011, 12:07 AM »
I just bought my first Quick stike rig and just wondering if soneone would tell me how to put the smelt on proporly. Also what gives it weight to sink? Pics would be great too. Thanks Snap-on

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Quick stike rigs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:52 AM »
 Hey snap-on you asked how to put smelt on properly, that will become highly subjective, and arguable. Here's how I do mine. Hook the end hook in the head I put mine in the side of the head in cheek area, put the other through the back on top, with barbs pointing up so leader material goes up, and will help the bait stay level,( although I am not sure how important level is, also arguable), The hook in the cheek should have the points, (barbs) pointing to the back of the fish. Another variation of this is, same for the front on the right side of the head in cheek, then put the back one in the same orientation but in the side very near the back,but on the left side.just under dorsalfin again with the barbs pointing back , with the assumption that pike will take bait head on, and I have a hook on both sides. When I do either, I try to lay leader material between the two hooks close to the back, with not a lot of slack. I am to understand the QS is in design for dead bait, but I use it on live also. Just my take, Good luck, hope this helps. I have been using heavy mono, (Also arguable) and I put a split shot a few inches above bait, but I have been thinking to swithch to twist on rubber core, I thought if I crimp the sinker on too tight, I might weaken the leader in that part, I haven't yet, but it might If you want to build your own, go to page 5 about 2/3 way down. Guy shows step by step, very nice pictorial. I would post pics, but too ignorant. Sorry Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.