The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: This wind s*cks too!  (Read 905 times)

MikeThePike

This wind s*cks too!
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 06:09 AM »
It finally got cold again overnight and I think the lake I've been fishing lately is still good to go but I didn't even make it there. I just walked out to find the wind and rain yesterday froze the tailgate lock on my truck so I can't get my auger and bait in plus I wouldn't be able to get any of my other gear out if I just threw that stuff on the back seat.

I went and got my lantern to try and melt it so I could open it up but the strong winds kept blowing it out. Probably better off cuz the winds woulda only been worse if I was out on the lake. Altho I could have try to see just how wind trip proof the Heritage Laker tip-ups really are. Windproof to 70MPH my @ss.  ;)

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
Re: This wind s*cks too!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2006, 06:17 AM »
HEARD THE WIND HOWLIN THIS A.M. AND ROLLED BACK OVER AND WENT BACK TO SLEEP MYSELF,THIS YEAR HAS SUCKED FOR ME SO FAR.

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2006, 08:39 AM »
yeah,,,even if i knew we had safe ice,,not so sure i'd be out in this wind.  we're hoping that this cold will freeze R.V. and jeans shore lines back up....mike,,what do you think about lake jean being safe this week.... :o
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

MikeThePike

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2006, 10:38 AM »
My brother was up there Friday and said it had 8" and the shorelines were pretty good. Jean will defiantly be good for the week even if we get some warmer weather.

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:29 PM »
thanks mike,,,if you or any of your friends gets up there this week, give me a holla with the condition,,,,thanks,,,,,,,,,frank
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.