The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Watrus dam  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Ice nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on!
Watrus dam
« on: Dec 13, 2005, 02:57 PM »
I overheard some guys in Gander Mountain the other day talking about Watrus dam.  I am not sure I am spelling this correctly or not.  Anyway, they were raving about catching monster brown trout through the ice.  I think the guy said one was 8 or 9 pounds.  Does anyone know about this lake?  I would really appreciate some info.  You don't need to give specific spots, just some general info would be nice.  Thanks. :tipup:
Stackin' eyes' at the Pack!

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Watrus dam
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:05 PM »
If it's the the Watrus I heard about in the past it is owned by PA American Water co. They patrol it, so these guys either were rollin the dice or know somebody. I got booted off one of their places about 5yrs ago. I think Watrus is in the Scranton area vacinity but don't quote me on that.   
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline Ice nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 05:09 PM »
NEPA Old Man,

I just got off the phone with a gentleman named Zack at Gander Mountain.  I figured I'd call and ask about this lake.  He told me that it is spelled Watres and yes it is off limits by the water co.  He also said that many guys still fish the lake and all they do is ask you to leave if you get "caught".  I am a little leary about that.  This Zack seems to know his stuff when it comes to ice fishing.  I am going up to the store one day so he can show me a few new products that are out this year.  I plan to pick his brain while I Am there. :tipup:
Stackin' eyes' at the Pack!

Offline Dan_C.

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:24 AM »
I live a mile from the Watres and yes it's posted by several entities, including the water company, a private hunting club, Theta land corp, and maybe even a few others.  There were always stories of big trout in that lake and most are probably true.  It is patrolled by guards on a regular basis since they also patrol lower water reservoirs such as the Nesbitt and Springbrook Reservoir on 502.  BTW the Waters is upstream of those 2 dams off the beaten path a bit.   I would avoid it.  It's a hike to get to the lake (unless you own a quad) and you are trespassing and have a good chance of getting booted off.
Dan C.
Moscow, PA

Offline krs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Pack frustrates me!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Ice nut.....Just a word of warning, I know who you spoke with at Gander Mountain and he is not an ice fisherman, just a salesman.  All he knows is what he hears in the store.  You can form your own opinions on him though.  Good luck on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.