The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Jean Outing 11-27-05  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lake Jean Outing 11-27-05
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Made it out today with my two buddies and MikeThePike. Brought some ice spikes and rope just to be sure. Ice was a bare minimum of 2-2.5 inches, with some spots of 3 inches. Started off at the Eastern Boat Launch around 6:30 and stayed till around 9 without a single hit. Ice was a little "shaky" so we moved to the Western Boat Launch and fished near the dam. Once again we caught nothing. The sun came out and we were off that ice by 11AM sharp, with no extra time to spare. :) Good news is we didn't fall in but bad news is we got skunked. Better luck next time hopefully when ice is suitable again. All this ice will probably be gone by mid-week or so with rain expected and a low of 50 tomorrow night. Who knows though, cause when Mike was up here on Wednesday the spot we were fishing at was all open water, so hopefully it will be good and iced up again in two weeks if were lucky.

Offline perchfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SD!
Re: Lake Jean Outing 11-27-05
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2005, 11:17 PM »
just a personal opinion but my life is more important than walking on 2 inch ice! I heard on the news in wisconsin a guy and his daughter both drowned while iceskating on 3 inches! Well atleast u were being safe! good luck next time! ;D

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2005, 02:19 PM »
your only skunked lookin out your livingroom window  thankx for the view    cant wait    mofish :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Fishing on ice 2” thick... or should I say thin!

That takes a set of major attachments.  ;D

You guys are hard core.

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:37 PM »
i wish a had the balls to do that, ice fishing in nov?  glad to hear it was a safe trip.  how deep is the water out from the dam? 
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:23 AM »
I am not positive how deep. I think it may be as deep as 15 feet. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:32 PM »
 Nice picts I thought I was Nuts going out on ice that thin but only 4 to 5' of water I guess you would be the first PA hardwater fishermen fishing but being your from NJ close to where I work in Middlsex co, you would be THE FIRST NJ.Fishermen fishing  ;D FRED
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Are you guys tryin to make our local paper ?
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

MikeThePike

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:41 PM »
I guess Pikepopper would be the 1st NJ icefisherman and I would be the 1st PA icefisherman.

While some may call us nuts for going out on such thin ice we did make sure we brought safety items with us just in case (ice spikes, rope, inflatable vests, ect).

The way I see it, you can't catch fish sitting home on here (although its fun sometimes) wishing there was ice. As long as your not stupid about it you can walk on 2-3" of ice. You just have to be very very careful.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2005, 11:21 PM »
congrtas guys and dont worry was out on about 1.5 last year but quickly got off as it was cracking and snowing like crazy

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2005, 04:23 PM »
You just have to be very very careful.

No thanks.  I'll wait for 4"!  You guys just need to make sure that you don't all go through, even rope and spikes may not help then.  Be careful...
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline sully

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2005, 06:48 PM »
sorry fellas,but u might be the second from pa and nj..

my buddy is from nj and im from pa and we made it out on saturday in pa,so you will have to play second fiddle this year....lol

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2005, 06:51 PM »
not like its a competition
you must be very proud  ;D

MikeThePike

« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Just curious what lake you made it out on Saturday sully?

I don't mind being second.

Offline Ice nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:02 AM »
I like to wait for 4 inches before I head out.  It won't be long with these temps.
Stackin' eyes' at the Pack!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.