The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Done  (Read 4751 times)

icewagon

Done
« on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Had 2 days on the ice. that's it for me ( DONE) 55* this morning at 3:00 am when I went to work ,with this wind blowing even if a few inches of ice survive gonna be soft. Don't get wet !
                                                next year

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Done
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:34 PM »
That's the story for much of the nation I'm afraid.

I already pulled out the fly rod last weekend.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:40 PM »
Yea, it doesn't look good. :(  Looks like we're gonna have to get out with our boats on the lakes and/or fish the streams, to put some time in fishing in the coming weeks thru the trout openers.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Ended before it got started, worst year I can ever remember........

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2012, 01:02 PM »
Took my hut apart last night and carried it back up to the attic :'(

Offline sllloyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:27 PM »
there is still ice in pa but you have to travel for it i was up on hills creek yesterday (and it is like a 2 hour drive for me buti had fun got a bunch of fish. dont gice up there is ice in pa you just have to travel for it
good luck and be safe
steve

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Sad but true time to hit the river :(

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Back toward the end of December the weather people were saying that January was supposed to be below avg. Then in January they said February is supposed to be below normal, it was over 60 degrees today in SE PA.  >:( Figures I get a year like this after I buy a bunch of new stuff.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Not done yet going to try to get out this weekend hopefully :tipup:

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Anything that survived this last heat wave will still have a chance. Decent ice making temps forecast for higher elevations by tomorrow night. I'm hoping to make the two hundred mile trip again this season, time will tell. We're likely done where I live, but I'm not stashing the gear just yet.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:53 AM »
Ive actually been thinking about planting my red beets, peas and onions. lol lol

Offline Hellbender

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:08 AM »
I invested in the Marcum troller and only got to try it for 4 hrs as I only got on good ice once. >:(

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:28 AM »
put up my new ice4 shack one time. At least it was one and not none. Maybe it will give 2 weeks of ice here in the northwest corner/ maybe.

Offline pickerelpunisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:29 AM »
I'm ready for some prespawn bass!  ;D

Offline HooKEDUP24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Anything that survived this last heat wave will still have a chance. Decent ice making temps forecast for higher elevations by tomorrow night. I'm hoping to make the two hundred mile trip again this season, time will tell. We're likely done where I live, but I'm not stashing the gear just yet.

I hear ya VC.

I put 800+ miles on the truck in the last 11 days.  I found good ice and a real good panfish bite so it was all worth it.  I was hoping to hit Marsh creek lake for the first time ever (only 30 mins from my house), but I guess Ill have to wait till April.
Ice Fishing Marathoner

Offline chachi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:09 PM »
yup. cya next year folks! some winter..

Offline deadcold

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:25 PM »
Not sure but it may be all my fault. I went and bought alot of new equipment last fall. At least it was a stellar season for deer hunting.

Offline pescador

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2012, 11:54 PM »
No it must have been my fault, I decided to get back into ice fishing after a long time.

And the wife got me a full Arctic Armor suit for Chrismas. :o

OH well, it can only be better next year, right?

Offline ola-diction

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:11 AM »
Dont give up yet, several lakes in N.W. Penna still have ice on them, and below freezing temps in the forcast almost every night this week and next. As long as we don't have torrential rain the next few days, i expect the ice to firm up nicely by Monday A.M. Check out Edinboro lake, Sugar Lake, and Eaton resevior. also, check the blogs on Fish Erie.com forum section. Good ice info there. also, the south end of Tamarak Lake has had good ice for several weeks now, and lake LeBeouf in waterford ,pa is shakey right now, but with a few more nights below freezing, it should be ok by mid-week next week. Ambient air temperatures dont matter as much as rain and wind.
no man ever went to his grave wishing he had fished less- henry david thoreau

Offline spark_65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Haven't given up yet but outlook is not promising. There should still be some good ice in the northern tier. a.k.a Tioga county

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:02 PM »
With only a few lakes in Wayne Co. having ice, and sick of fishing them, I'm done.   Time to put the ice gear away and start fishing some open waters...... 
     See Ya..........

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Haven't given up yet but outlook is not promising. There should still be some good ice in the northern tier. a.k.a Tioga county

I'm afraid our days of ice fishing are numbered here in Tioga County.  Rain and high 40's  is going to hurt the lakes pretty bad late this week.  I'd love to see fishable ice through the end of the month though!  We'll see I guess.

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2012, 02:55 PM »
After this coming week, I think we'll be putting a fork in it through-out all of PA.
Gonna hang out and BS for a little while longer here on IS, before heading back over to MFF for spring/summer.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2012, 04:02 PM »
With only a few lakes in Wayne Co. having ice, and sick of fishing them, I'm done.   Time to put the ice gear away and start fishing some open waters...... 
     See Ya..........

I threw the yak on the truck and tried to do that earlier just to end up walking on the lake...ended up taking a ride around and just about every lake/ pond I checked was still locked up too much to get the kayak in
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:31 PM »
After this coming week, I think we'll be putting a fork in it through-out all of PA.
Gonna hang out and BS for a little while longer here on IS, before heading back over to MFF for spring/summer.

I'm gonna try to go to MFF more this open water season, always too busy in the summer, on the boat half the time and pool side with some frostie ones the other half.......  :-)

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:34 PM »
I threw the yak on the truck and tried to do that earlier just to end up walking on the lake...ended up taking a ride around and just about every lake/ pond I checked was still locked up too much to get the kayak in

Thinking about heading to the Pac later next week for some shore fishing...... Back to basics sittin on shore with a bucket of bait.....

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Thinking about heading to the Pac later next week for some shore fishing...... Back to basics sittin on shore with a bucket of bait.....

I saw a guy doing that under the ledgedale bridge the other day. 

DO they still got the barracades up to keep you from getting on the lake with a boat at the north end of the lake?

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:27 AM »
I don't want to gloat, but the ice is still decent up here on the Quebec/Ontario border.

I went fishing on a river in Ottawa ( capital of Canada ) yesterday, it had 20 inches of ice. maybe 3 or 4 inches of crap, the rest was good hard black stuff. Gave the ol' Jiffy a good workout.

I bought a ton of new stuff this year, and if I had the ice season you guys had, I would have for sure lost my mind.

Anyways, I predict an early, long winter this fall, based on past moon phases and snow records. Hopefully, next year's ice season will be doubly longer for you guys!

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2012, 12:59 PM »
I saw a guy doing that under the ledgedale bridge the other day. 

DO they still got the barracades up to keep you from getting on the lake with a boat at the north end of the lake?

Unsure about the barricades, I'm thinking of heading up that way Wednesday, if I get there I post what I find. As for under the bridge, I knew an older gentleman who died a few years back, he had caught many big brown trout under that bridge.......

Offline jmh58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Put my ice gear up today!! >:( Got a new to me shanty last year and did not get to use it.. Also the kids got me a bunch of gear this past Christmas and did not get to use that either.. Hope next year aint a repeat.. Till the ice is again.. SEEEE YAAA.. John ;D
A great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!  Lookee there....I got a bite!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.