Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Thornebros  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Tomo

• IceShanty Rookie
Thornebros
« on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Has anyone done business with these guys lately?  I ordered a new ION auger from them, and emailed them twice to find out when I can expect it, and called them with no answer.  They did not respond to either email.  Makes me wonder what is going on. :-\
Otter XT 1200 Lodge, Clam 6800, Clam JR, Strikemaster Auger, Marcum LX5, Honda Rincon.

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thornebros
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 10:33 AM »
I've had emails take a week or so to get a response but have never had much issue talking with someone directly when calling during store hours (though I tend to avoid calling around lunch time or right at opening/closing).

Offline Tomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 10:57 AM »
I know I don't run my business that way.  I respond to emails the day I get them.  I called them at 10:00 am, they open at 9:00.  It is frustrating. :-\
Otter XT 1200 Lodge, Clam 6800, Clam JR, Strikemaster Auger, Marcum LX5, Honda Rincon.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Try calling them again. They must of been away from the phone. Not all places are big on email. I've had great service with them.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Weird.  I just called there the other day and they picked up right away.  The only thing I can think of is that there are lots of ice shows going on right now and maybe that causes some staffing issues. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:23 PM »
Or someone was using the bathroom.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:26 PM »
I think they are running a big sale or just did they are probably swamped with orders

Offline guthook1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Just a thought....you said that you got no answer.  Is it possible that you have an incorrect number?  Most likely not, but that doesn't sound normal for Thorne Brothers. 

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2016, 01:41 PM »
I had similar service.  What I figured out was online may be what they want to be known for but they are really a walk in type of place who happens to sell online too.  You will get what you ordered, but it will be under a veil of silence...which makes me not want to do online business with them again.

Offline Tomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2016, 06:42 AM »
Hookset81, I agree with you.  After I placed my order I received an automatic email stating if I had any questions to email them.  I did twice and no response.  If you are going to have something like this on your web sight, you need to follow through with it.  I did finally get them to answer the phone, but there customer service is nothing like Custom Jigs and Spins.  Those guys are on top of it. ;D

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2016, 08:05 AM »
I just ordered 2 ice Rod & Reel combos from them, 2 different orders and got them both 5 days later. Never had any problems calling them of the phone. This is their busy-busy time of the year. Both Thornebros. and Reeds are Top notch places to buy from.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:15 PM »
I just ordered 2 ice Rod & Reel combos from them, 2 different orders and got them both 5 days later. Never had any problems calling them of the phone. This is their busy-busy time of the year. Both Thornebros. and Reeds are Top notch places to buy from.
X2

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:40 PM »

I agree for the most part, I just won't be doing any business with them via the web/phone until I am confident they have fixed there communication.  For me that is key, it isn't for everyone.  When I had issues was last February, so the tailing off of ice season, in my opinion there is no excuse for it.  If they want to be an online retailer, there is a level of service I expect and if they can't provide that service I won't buy from them.

I will visit them in person or at the ice show instead.

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Fish all you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.