New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Limekiln/Herkimer  (Read 894 times)

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
Re: Limekiln/Herkimer
« on: Nov 30, 2007, 09:29 AM »
where is limekiln located? Is it near old forge?

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Here's a map to it on mapquest. A few of us may try it as soon as there is good ice. Good luck,

Robb :tipup:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=zRew2ijCL02%2brT3sd%2ffRkw%3d%3d&longitude=KgzeIXZcwG90oAi23V0Dzw%3d%3d&name=Limekiln%20Lake&country=US&address=&city=Inlet&state=NY&zipcode=&phone=&spurl=0&&q=limekiln%20lake&qc=Lake
Robb Thank you. yYou say there's ice already, ;D :D any reports of how much? And without giving away your honeyholes :-X, could you give me a general idea of where to start fishing? ex: north, south east or west side of lake and thanks again never fished this lake fished fourth lake a few times want to try something new

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Robb Thank you. yYou say there's ice already, ;D :D any reports of how much? And without giving away your honeyholes :-X, could you give me a general idea of where to start fishing? ex: north, south east or west side of lake and thanks again never fished this lake fished fourth lake a few times want to try something new

Snelly,

No problem. Not sure if there is ice yet or not... And actually I've never fished there so when we do go it will be new to me as well. We fish 7th once in a while and 4th and I have always wanted to try Limekiln. Last year I called the town of Inlet tourism number and the guy there told me to fish the Eastern edge of the lake near the deep water. I guess there are some good perch in there too. Good luck,

Robb :tipup:

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Aaaaaaah Limekiln....

Camped there this summer. managed a couple small splake...

Perch seem plentiful.  Nothing huge though.

East end is where the deeper water is. 

Let me know how you boys do...

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2007, 02:14 PM »
I have fished there during a week long camping trip, but never through the ice, I know that there are some real nice Splake and trout in there. Also as stated there are perch but most are Dinks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.