New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: oneida lake ice fishing  (Read 1902 times)

Offline csklaus44

• Team IceShanty Regular
oneida lake ice fishing
« on: Nov 03, 2007, 10:51 AM »
With the increasingly strick policies looking to be put in place this year in order to get into canada I am looking for an alternative spot for my annual ice fishing trip in feb.  I have never ice fished oneida and have heard mixed reviews.  I live in buffalo and oneida isn't a bad drive for a long weekend trip.  Plus I would rather spend my money in this country.  Does anyone have an opinion on the ice fishing on oneida and where to stay, where to fish?  I own the wheeler and the equipment to be very portable.  Sure would appreciate some help from the ones who know the lake.  THanks alot.
Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

Offline recordbreaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: oneida lake ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2007, 07:29 AM »
sometimes it is good , other times not. depends on if there is alot of gizzard shad in lake. good fishing off of Constantia and Cleveland on North shore. Motel in Cleveland. There is a fishing tournament sponsored by South Shore Association i believe first weekend in February. Before i make any plans, i would check ice conditions as last year we got alot of lake effect snow which made 4 wheelers tough to navigate. I live on lake on north shore and when ice fishing starts, i will post conditions for you. CNYpanfisher is a regular and always has some good info.

Offline csklaus44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:35 AM »
THanks alot for taking some time to post a response.  Very helpful.  I plan on giving oneida a few shots this year.  Keep me posted.
Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2007, 08:33 PM »
You may want to think about a trip to the King (Lake George).  There used to be a bunch of guy's on here and they consistently did very well on the panfish and laker's.  I fish the east / south east part of Oneida and its very hit or miss.  Lots of places to stay on the east shore, let me know if you would like details.
Follow the bubbles...

PWR BAIT

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2007, 04:29 AM »
With the increasingly strick policies looking to be put in place this year in order to get into canada I am looking for an alternative spot for my annual ice fishing trip in feb.  I have never ice fished oneida and have heard mixed reviews.  I live in buffalo and oneida isn't a bad drive for a long weekend trip.  Plus I would rather spend my money in this country.  Does anyone have an opinion on the ice fishing on oneida and where to stay, where to fish?  I own the wheeler and the equipment to be very portable.  Sure would appreciate some help from the ones who know the lake.  THanks alot.
You might want to try www.sylvanbeach.com and look there you might find something.

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Or you could try irondequoit bay, it's a lot closer, any panfishing was GREAT last year, and probably again this year.
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline jimd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2007, 08:31 PM »
On the southeast shore on Oneida lake, there is Hidden Harbor just off Rt.31, a good place to stay year round. I'll get the phone # and post it soon.

Offline Tank

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Someone on this site did not like me posting where to stay or where to fish.So pm me and i will give you some good info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.