Author Topic: Montreal lake Timber Bay  (Read 970 times)

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
Montreal lake Timber Bay
« on: Jan 30, 2024, 07:26 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone heading up to Montreal lake and looking to drive one at Timber Bay. The road to the parking lot was rough but 4x4 was not needed to get to the lake shore but I did use 4x4 going through the deep ruts where you first come onto the lake, might not of needed it but I played it safe. Once on the lake there is a large ice heave across the bay. Three trails are easily identified the 1 straight ahead is no longer usable as the heave is not passable unless you want to drop your truck over the ledge 4’ onto questionable ice. Some one has placed fire wood at the crossing to warn people. I took the trail to the left (south) and it zig zags through the heave and once through the heave it was easy to drive down to second opening. The trail to your right goes around the heave to the north and over to Ferguson Island, but go all the way around the heave and avoid the trail that looks like it crosses over. 1 truck did drive south past me at last light and most likely drove off at the beach. Fishing was fair with the catch rate of about 1 fish per half hour. Info provide is two days old and with the warm weather things will be changing stay safe

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Montreal lake Timber Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2024, 01:54 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid04KBctimGTAPYEnV2eLVBy9hMDFjJQsuvMaXRsqC2gNCdND9TsjXCNYUn2Jn1r1Qcl&id=100064768928447

Just thought I'd post this up in case anyone had any info.  I've seen this before on montreal, but with suckers and burbot left in tubs to rot. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.