New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339446 times)

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #450 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:43 PM »
Million Dollar Beach.  Walk north about 3/4 mile and you're in decent laker country without having to deal with an icy road like you would have at Hearthstone and it's a nice big parking lot close to the water.  Don't think FAB is safe yet and all the east side bays would leave you with a longer walk to deep water. 

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #451 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:55 PM »
I just said to my buddy " we should try to fish where the steamboat channel it has to be deep for them to go through there"  gonna give it a try plenty of ice right?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #452 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:57 PM »
can you park at the beach at night?

Offline ak47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #453 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Fantastic outing, Captain! With all that clear ice..can't wait till weekend. My only concern is the weather but we don't choose time to go - you know

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #454 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:32 PM »
thinking about going out of hearthstone both days this weekend regardless of the snow. ill check the ice as go as im not sure how safe the ice is out there. if any of you guy who know lake George better then I think im crazy for going out on the ice in those conditions shoot me a pm. like I said if some of you  think it will be unsafe shoot me a message I trust some of your opinions better then my own.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #455 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:35 PM »
is there anywhere to park overnight and fish MDB ?????? do they close the gate at the big parking lot?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #456 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Don't think they close the gate this time of year
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #457 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Does anyone know the ice thickness north of mdb? I'm willing to make the 3/4 mile walk off the beach  but that's a long walk not knowing how thick the ice is. Thanks

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #458 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:50 PM »
sorry to saturate this thread in questions but i was going to make the 2 hour drive south and try the King while its frozen and not too much snow.  I am wondering if Huddle Bay out by the Sagamore is locked up and safe?  Can you walk to that island out there (think its Dome island)?  Any replies or PM's are much appreciated.  Need ice conditions or fishing reports from Saranac Lake/Paul Smiths area shoot me a PM.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #459 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:54 PM »
Fished north of MDB today, one laker about 25 inches released.  6 plus inches  of ice. They do not close the gate at night at the parking lot.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #460 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Fished north of MDB today, one laker about 25 inches released.  6 plus inches  of ice. They do not close the gate at night at the parking lot.
how far did you make it out?

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #461 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I went to the first point on the east side. There is a good drop off that goes into rock. The lakers sometimes are in there pushing smelt against the shore. It is  hit or miss but when they are there it can be real good. Years ago it was good for salmon also.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #462 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:17 PM »
sorry to saturate this thread in questions but i was going to make the 2 hour drive south and try the King while its frozen and not too much snow.  I am wondering if Huddle Bay out by the Sagamore is locked up and safe?  Can you walk to that island out there (think its Dome island)?  Any replies or PM's are much appreciated.  Need ice conditions or fishing reports from Saranac Lake/Paul Smiths area shoot me a PM.
It was open on Monday, I haven't seen it since then!

Offline jwania

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #463 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:16 AM »
depending on the weather or ice conditions I am planning on getting out on Lake George this weekend and was hoping someone could direct me in regards to Silver Bay. Is there sufficient ice? Where would you reccommend I go out? How far from shore and what depth should I focus on in that bay. Any response would be greatful.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #464 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:52 PM »
It was open on Monday, I haven't seen it since then!

had friends in that area today that tried to get out, unsuccessfully, still alot of open water out there.   Lots of current in the lake this year.

Offline stripermancl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #465 on: Feb 07, 2013, 01:22 PM »
any info thanks guys for alconkglin web cam

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #466 on: Feb 07, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #467 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:45 PM »
any ice reports on ft ann  beach?

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #468 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:55 PM »
After a great start to the season I seem to be chasing them away. 

i think things are just warming up in that section of town !!!   
*REMOVED*

Offline paulieg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #469 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:02 PM »
does anyone know if they plow hearthstone thanks

Fishmon

« Reply #470 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I fish the northern part of the lake  ;D and ice conditions can vary a lot from one location to another.  There is 7-8 inches in the Huletts area and open water north of Arcady Bay.   Watch yourself after this snow.  You won't be able to tell if the ice goes from 7-8 inches to 1 inch where it just formed.  Stay on top.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #471 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:35 PM »
If I can't get a 4 wheel drive vehicle for the weekend am I ok to park at the top of hearthstone? Pm if you want thanks.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #472 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:07 PM »
If I can't get a 4 wheel drive vehicle for the weekend am I ok to park at the top of hearthstone? Pm if you want thanks.
I have parked across the street in the entrance to the campground and crossed the road to walk down. The walk up is a killer. You think with all the snow you can make it up  even 4 wheel drive???

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #473 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:22 PM »
After a great start to the season I seem to be chasing them away.  Good size group of guys, only a dozen or so landed among the group.  The ice did put on a nice display for us, with water shooting 6 feet high at one point through some pressure ridges.  One guy too scared to even go out, another needed his shorts changed I believe when the ice heaved like that.  ;D

i too had a great big pressure crack go right between mine and my buddy's feet last night.. and about 20 minutes later a cop rolled in and i thought i was going to get my car towed so we headed in and he never even talked to us

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #474 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:29 PM »
After a great start to the season I seem to be chasing them away.  Good size group of guys, only a dozen or so landed among the group.  The ice did put on a nice display for us, with water shooting 6 feet high at one point through some pressure ridges.  One guy too scared to even go out, another needed his shorts changed I believe when the ice heaved like that.  ;D
            Yep, it fun out there today Jon, lots of noise coming from the ice, me & 2 others went out to the flats, only 2.5 inches of ice. Heres  Pic that looks like we are on water.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #475 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:31 PM »
scary stuff man

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #476 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:46 PM »
does anyone know if they plow hearthstone thanks
             Sometimes, when they feel like it. Budget cuts..... OH

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #477 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:43 PM »
some check'd pilot knob, 2.5"-5" I hear.
How about down in Shelving Rock, anyone been down in Log Bay??
Would really like to know ice condition in Shelving Rock?
thanks

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #478 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I'm Planning on fishing Hague in Forest Bay just north of Friends point this weekend. Last weekend there was 3-4 inches of ice off forest bay with the middle of the lake wide open.By Sunday the whole lake had frozen over again.  I was hoping for everything to be frozen over by this weekend with 5 inches of ice. Is that too hopeful? Any northern lake observation would be great. Most people don't report that far north. Has anyone seen or been there? I'm concerned about the weight of 12" of snow on the ice.

Thanks

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #479 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Cool pic  to bad you didn't get a pic when the water shot or of the cracks and tgs518 ( Sherril ) needed to change his underwear.     Fun day out on the ice.    Hope this snow doesn't mess everything up
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.