Author Topic: Welcome Fireside Outdoors  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Welcome Fireside Outdoors
« on: Nov 26, 2018, 12:55 PM »

Please give an Iceshanty welcome to Fireside Outdoors. They have invented a new product and would love some feedback from the Ice Shanty community.  Fireside Outdoors would love to get some of these out in the field with you guys so they're offering a limited exclusive discount code "Ice22" this will take 22% off your order.

The Fireside Outdoor Pop-Up Fire Pit is the first truly portable, full-size fire pit. Made from Aluminum Alloys and a proprietary Fire Mesh, the Pop-Up Fire Pit weighs only 8lbs. and will never rust. The Pop-Up Pit packs down smaller than a folding camp chair (27” x 5” x 5”) and unfolds to a standard fire pit size. (24” x 24” x 15”)

The Pop-Up Pit's optional heat shield allows you to have fires without ever getting the ground hot so you can burn on grass, wood decks, or even ice. You also have the option to add the portable grilling grates.

Money-back guarantee so if you're not satisfied with the product for any reason you can get a full refund.

You can learn more here:
Firesideoutdoor.com/discount/ice22

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Welcome Fireside Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Welcome to ice shanty! Thanks for being a sponsor!  :clap:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Welcome Fireside Outdoors.      :bow: :thumbsup:

Good looking setup you've offered.      :clap:

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty ! Nice product !

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for sponsoring! Great idea!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Welcome!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:54 PM »
I applaud your ingenuity but don't care for the obvious sequel. The coals and ashes appear to destined to be dumped on the ice for the next guy who comes along to witness.

Personally, I have a select vocabulary for folks who carelessly litter the ice. I get angry and we don't want that, do we?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:01 PM »
What a great idea. I may need one of these for making fires while snowmobiling. It's not easy to make a fire in 4 feet of snow. Love it!!

I applaud your ingenuity but don't care for the obvious sequel. The coals and ashes appear to destined to be dumped on the ice for the next guy who comes along to witness.

Personally, I have a select vocabulary for folks who carelessly litter the ice. I get angry and we don't want that, do we?

They have a heat shield option to leave no trace behind: https://firesideoutdoor.com/products/fireside-outdoor-pop-up-pit-heat-shield-combo
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:06 PM »

In the area I fish, people make bonfires (and smaller ones) from the dead branches and trees in the woods around the lakes. The after affects are much more visual in that the bottom layer of wood does not burn but simply melts into the ice. This is a much better option and ashes on non-polluting. In the spring they would serve to combat the rising acidity that most lakes are afflicted with. I find it odd that ashes would be considered "littering" and welcome the option of burning on an elevated platform to transform the wood that would have melted into the ice to real ash. A much better option in my opinion.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:10 PM »
I'm no chemist but I have heard that wood ash is very high in nitrates which is bad for lake ecology. No idea if it's true but as I linked above, the company does have an option for leaving no trace behind.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:16 PM »
I'm no chemist but I have heard that wood ash is very high in nitrates which is bad for lake ecology. No idea if it's true but as I linked above, the company does have an option for leaving no trace behind.
Again, in the BWCA and northern Minnesota, many "tip-up fishermen"put out their gear and wait around a campfire on the ice. This is a MUCH better option. Plus, because motors (including drills and electric augers) are illegal, nobody would ever bring big tanks of propane when wood is free.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline FiresideOutdoor

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Hey all,

The Pop-Up Pit at its core was actually invented for the Boy Scouts to be a leave no trace portable fire pit so we took a lot of care in designing the product to ensure it met all of their requirements. The fire mesh itself measures at 60 microns meaning that ash will not fall through the mesh, even the fine powder produced by charcoal. The heat shield itself is designed to reflect the heat back upwards to keep the ground cool and the general area warmer.

When you're done with you fire the fire mesh is very flexible so you can actually use it sort of as a funnel to dumped your ash or embers into whatever receptacle, in most cases, this is an ammo can or the like. On that note, we are very close to production with another product that will go hand in hand, a hot ember bag. You will be able to take your hot coals and dump them into a flexible bag, the bag is being designed to regulate heat transfer to the outside will not ever get hot to the touch. This means you can have your fire and without extinguishing it shovel all the hot coals into the bag and put it in the trunk of a car.

Love the feedback and questions guys keep it comin!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I recognize that the different fisheries have different customs and that open fires on the ice is one of those charming variants. It's hard to argue that ash and coals are pollutants in

a strict sense since it's an "ashes to ashes" world and those components are already part of the ecology. I suppose it's just the sight of carelessly dumped ashes and coals on an

otherwise pristine sheet of ice that gets me fired up, and we know that not everyone will endure the hassle of hauling the remains off the ice and to a safe repository. But that's how

it begins: ashes and coals and then a half burnt brat package and then a beer can or three and on down the hill we go.  Please leave the ice as beautiful as you found it.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ...if it's frozen drill it.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Welcome Fireside
God does not count in man's allotted span, the days spent fishing.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:03 PM »
good on ya for the sponsorship.  nothing better than a fire on ice!

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Welcome guys...cool idea...
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2018, 04:27 PM »
I recognize that the different fisheries have different customs and that open fires on the ice is one of those charming variants. It's hard to argue that ash and coals are pollutants in

a strict sense since it's an "ashes to ashes" world and those components are already part of the ecology. I suppose it's just the sight of carelessly dumped ashes and coals on an

otherwise pristine sheet of ice that gets me fired up, and we know that not everyone will endure the hassle of hauling the remains off the ice and to a safe repository. But that's how

it begins: ashes and coals and then a half burnt brat package and then a beer can or three and on down the hill we go.  Please leave the ice as beautiful as you found it.

Not everyone can cater to your OCD, burnt wood is not litter.

This pit looks really cool, would be nice for the family days on the ice.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Welcome aboard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.