The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Open water  (Read 2462 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Open water
« on: Mar 18, 2019, 12:13 PM »
I know most do not want to hear this but was looking at the boat and starting to gets things cleaned up a bit and the wife said she is ready to go open water fishing even though this weekend was a beautiful time on the ice. Anyone guessing when the ice will be gone around the state. I say the south eastern side of the state will be open by April and around my neck of the woods it will be mid April to late April before open water shows up on most lakes. I guess time to get the stickers ordered and start getting jigs and harnesses made and order some more hooks and plastics. Anyone else getting the bug for warmer temps. Just not looking forward to the bugs.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Open water
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2019, 01:19 PM »
I知 sure hawk springs and lakes like that will open up soon.

Otherwise, I知 seriously considering a trip to lake Powell in April hahaha
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I値l ice fish there too!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2019, 02:58 PM »
i betcha glendo will be open within two weeks with the upcoming temps

Offline SnowPlane22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Considering I just bought my first boat this weekend, yes I am very much so looking forward to the warmer temperatures and softer water!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:19 PM »
Alcova always goes fast with all the current. Glendo and Grey rocks go fast as well. Would think Bighorn would go quick as well, Flaming Gorge? Maybe soon.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Alcova always goes fast with all the current. Glendo and Grey rocks go fast as well. Would think Bighorn would go quick as well, Flaming Gorge? Maybe soon.

Heck the gorge ice is still growing. Lows in the single digits the last 3 nights. Highs in the low 30s.
Trent Williams

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Heck the gorge ice is still growing. Lows in the single digits the last 3 nights. Highs in the low 30s.

Yes it is and its going to get a little more help this weekend with the incoming storm, really wish I wouldnt have messed myself up but I have alot to do this spring at the house so I'm done for the year. Better get back up there Trent and get another big boy. I seen multiple groups in lucern bay on the way home last trip. Heard there was 8in of ice
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2019, 11:23 AM »
I知 sure hawk springs and lakes like that will open up soon.

Otherwise, I知 seriously considering a trip to lake Powell in April hahaha

I'm with you on that one Trent, if you go or want to go text me and I can give you some pointers from when I was there. I was thinking about a fast trip down that way myself but I doubt it will happen since we are looking at picking up a new camper soon.

I too was looking at my boat and this weekend plan to do some routine maintenance and cleaning on it since I am taking it to Denver next week to have a new custom top made for it. Supposed to be 61 while I am there so who knows it may get splashed somewhere.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2019, 04:41 PM »
I'm with you on that one Trent, if you go or want to go text me and I can give you some pointers from when I was there. I was thinking about a fast trip down that way myself but I doubt it will happen since we are looking at picking up a new camper soon.

I too was looking at my boat and this weekend plan to do some routine maintenance and cleaning on it since I am taking it to Denver next week to have a new custom top made for it. Supposed to be 61 while I am there so who knows it may get splashed somewhere.

Pauls Custom Canvas?
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Pauls Custom Canvas?
Yep, they made my travel cover and I love it. I booked the appointment at the Denver Boat Show this year so I will get 10% off the whole deal. Hopefully that storm that is supposed to come in next week doesn't really get bad for my drive back. Might have to go catch an avs game while I'm down there as well.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:58 PM »

I値l get ahold of you when I go. I want to go every year but then get caught up running around this state. All this ice seems like the perfect excuse to go down there this year.
Trent Williams

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Yep, they made my travel cover and I love it. I booked the appointment at the Denver Boat Show this year so I will get 10% off the whole deal. Hopefully that storm that is supposed to come in next week doesn't really get bad for my drive back. Might have to go catch an avs game while I'm down there as well.

I have a 2-piece travel cover, and the Bimini Top, with front and side enclosures. Also got the little piece for under the center glass for the walk-thru. Well made stuff.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:19 AM »
I have a 2-piece travel cover, and the Bimini Top, with front and side enclosures. Also got the little piece for under the center glass for the walk-thru. Well made stuff.

Do you have any photos of your bimini and enclosure you would share? Trying to take some with me to show them what exactly I want. I am getting the bimini, front windshield piece, and the walk through piece this time and will have it made so I can add side and rear curtains later.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Bimini w/ front piece. I have one with the sides somewhere.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Thanks! very similar to what I am going to do except the front bar will attach to the windshield. Thanks agian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.