Author Topic: New Lindy Rattlin Flyer Spoon and perch presentation  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
New Lindy Rattlin Flyer Spoon and perch presentation
« on: Sep 20, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I noticed that the ice team web site is up and there new 2008 annual is out. It seems it is all about catching jumbo perch and a new jig from Lindy which is called the rattlin flyer spoon. From what I understand they drop the spoon down the hole and it glides to one side. You leave the rod tip down and start to reel. Now the spoon is being dragged on the bottom.   I was wondering if anyone else has used this presentation with other spoons or jigs and/or used the rattlin flyer before.

Love the site, glad to be on it    Nice to be with other people who are just crazy for the hardwater action.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Lindy Rattlin Flyer Spoon and perch presentation
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2007, 07:13 AM »
Ice Team, who?   :D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:45 AM »
I read an article about that tactic last year using a spoon with a dropper tied to a small jig.  I tried it out a few times and never had any luck with it.  However, I did end up getting snagged on the bottom for the first time while ice fishing.  :P

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2007, 12:56 AM »
I noticed that the ice team web site is up and there new 2008 annual is out. It seems it is all about catching jumbo perch and a new jig from Lindy which is called the rattlin flyer spoon. From what I understand they drop the spoon down the hole and it glides to one side. You leave the rod tip down and start to reel. Now the spoon is being dragged on the bottom.   I was wondering if anyone else has used this presentation with other spoons or jigs and/or used the rattlin flyer before.

Love the site, glad to be on it    Nice to be with other people who are just crazy for the hardwater action.

Here's an e-mail I sent to "them" about the new site..............

Hi. I inquiring to see if the new website format is going to have a user forum as did the old site . I didn't see a forum on the new website.
I know things got kind off stupid at times on the old forum, but I feel the good far outweighed the bad. Not having a forum for your web users would be a big mistake.

Here was the response.............. ....

Sorry Brian – But the costs in time and money to maintain a forum are just to high.
Tim

Looks like Ice Shanty will remain "the spot on the spot" for ice fisherman, like it always has been!!!!!
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2007, 05:13 PM »
I know after being on IS for awhile, you cannot beat this site. Everyone seems real nice and the info is awesome. Ice team is a marketing group out to get you to use their sponsors equipment.  Some info is useful, but always a sales pitch attached to every trick they know....(Most of the time) ::)

The biggest thing I wanted to knwo if anyone had used a "flying spoon"?  Lindy calls it new, but you never know if anyone else has made it before.

And to clarify,  my last statement on the start of the thread for for IS, not Ice Team. I must of been a little fast on the keys, so I did not do a great job in stating that IS is awesome!! ;D ;D ;D   

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I dragged up some weed using this technique today. It seemed to draw fish in, especially when shaken hard. Wasn't getting may hits or hook ups, so I swapped for a single hook, and catching improved dramatically.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:04 AM »
I see their point on dropping it and creating a commotion on the bottom.
I liked it for its size and rattle ability.

The colors looked good, no glow?
I would exchange the hooks for a dropper, maybe a chain?
I
I'll have to buy some at gander.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:16 AM »
I bought some, but I haven't used them yet.  Now that we can angle from in a spear house and you can see the fish, it's nice to be able to get the spoon to dart off to the side. 

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Buckski, and others who might care, the eyes on all six in the kit glow. I think four of the bodies lit but to varying degrees, with only the red being really bright. Also when I changed out the hooks, I went with a chain dropper with a glow bead. They do dart off to the side, cause I kept losing track of them on the sonar. Obviously, I need to do many more hours of testing! BTW, they didn't do much of anything under a house light, but when I used the real charger they did their thing. 

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Buckski, and others who might care, the eyes on all six in the kit glow. I think four of the bodies lit but to varying degrees, with only the red being really bright. Also when I changed out the hooks, I went with a chain dropper with a glow bead. They do dart off to the side, cause I kept losing track of them on the sonar. Obviously, I need to do many more hours of testing! BTW, they didn't do much of anything under a house light, but when I used the real charger they did their thing. 

The reds alwaysglow brighter for some reason, I read something about the paint and light transmission.
I gonna look for hte kit and get one real soon like tonight.

I use all kinds of larger than normal spoon and some lioke the acme get out of the cone in 30 fow. I like to drop em slowly at first and step them down to the fish. Them crappies will rise 2-3 feet and just smack it if its donw right(not too quick).

" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.