Author Topic: Ridgid battery upgrade option with LSA!  (Read 6419 times)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Ridgid battery upgrade option with LSA!
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:20 AM »
theses were sold out because they were only 130$ on sale. they have been sold out for quite a while now and just now are available again. if you buy one just watch for them to go on sale and have them price match it for you in store. you have 90 days for the price match/return policy.
to try to break it down. the 4 amp battery is 110$. the 2 amp battery is at least 50$. the dual port charger with usb charge ports is not for sale as far as i know, but a single port w/o usb is 50$. so this is at least a 210$ package. so basically your paying for the two batteries which if you bought them not in a kit would not come with the lsa option. instead they would have a three warranty. so your getting the sla option and charger for free with this kit and maybe some money back later.

batteries and charger offer the sla, so just get them registered as soon as you have them and your set for life on two more batteries and is a perfect upgrade for those who bought the 2 amp battery/drill kits. i like the 2amp for lights and smaller jobs that don't the 4 amps or added weight.
the only way to get the lsa on batteries is when bought in a kit, that's why this qualifies.

RIDGID
18-Volt Lithium-Ion Dual Port Sequenchal Charger Kit with (1) 4.0Ah Battery and (1) 2.0Ah Battery

Allows you to dock two batteries conveniently
    2 USB ports allow you to charge your electronic devices
    Wall-mounted design allows you to free up counter space

$159.00
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Dual-Port-Sequenchal-Charger-Kit-with-1-4-0Ah-Battery-and-1-2-0Ah-Battery-AC840094SB/301404315

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ridgid battery upgrade option with SLA!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Well, this is confusing.  I always thought SLA meant for sealed lead acid battery.  What does the SLA stand for in this case???

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ridgid battery upgrade option with SLA!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Should be LSA. =Lifetime Service Agreement.
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ridgid battery upgrade option with LSA!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:54 AM »
yep, meant to say lsa. i say sla all the time here and didn't think twice. anyway you know what their warranty is and it's a good deal. if you want a larger battery and a spare small one and a charger. many people are using the small 2 amp or 1.5 amp buying the cheap kits. so this is more for them or those who use a lot of batteries on the job like myself.

(fixed) thanks buz!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:14 PM »
I knew in your mind you meant LSA. Just poking your rib.
<===Lefty===

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Batteries and chargers purchased separate from a tool do not have lifetime warranties, only three years.
Only batteries and chargers that were purchased in a "KIT" with a tool have the LSA.
The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGIDŽ Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:00 PM »
yep, it's a kit and they qualify for the lsa as i mentioned.

from the link i provided:

Product Overview

RIDGID introduces the 18-Volt Dual Port Sequential Charger. This charger gives you the ability to charge any 2 RIDGID slide batteries sequentially. Save time in between recharges on the jobsite with 2 charge ports compared to 1. Pair that with the 2 included Hyper Lithium Batteries and you are set for any jobsite. And all of this is backed by the Industry's only =======> Lifetime Service Agreement. <=========

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:15 PM »
They ever do it with 2 4ah?

The 2ah are nice for flashlights and such, light...

<°)))>{

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:56 PM »
never seen it with two 4amp's in a kit. this is the only kit form i've seen w/o tools.

this is the retail cost right now. so you can wait it out and see if a sale follows or not, but at least others know how to upgrade their batteries if they had only the 2amp's and if you want more for your collection of lsa batteries. the charger is also a one of kind and only sold this way as far as i know.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Just noticed, that charger has the two pass through 120v ac outlets too, pretty nice rig..

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.