Author Topic: DISCOUNT CODE FOR THORNE BROS  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
DISCOUNT CODE FOR THORNE BROS
« on: Nov 21, 2011, 02:31 PM »
http://www.thornebros.com/ has a black friday sale going on right now. If you enter "save10" at checkout you will receive 10% off your order. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts but I thought I'd pass it along in case any of you fellers are thinking of placing an order.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: DISCOUNT CODE FOR THORNE BROS
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I already have spent more than I should have for Ice season. I think I have enough until 2020. I just hope too live that long.
<===Lefty===

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I already have spent more than I should have for Ice season. I think I have enough until 2020. I just hope too live that long.

Ha! What all did you pick up new this year?
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Ha! What all did you pick up new this year?

I had 3 orders from Custom Jigs and spins. Bought 2 sets of skis for a Smitty sled. Bought 5 New reels,2 new rods,New line for all,Plus the lumber for the Smitty. Screws bolts Eye bolts,A kids roll up sled to mount on the bottom of the Smitty sled,2 Orders from E-bay for misc jigs. Just bought a Mr. Buddy Heater Portable. A new 3' long Scoop,The wife a new Rod/reel combo, another set of jigs from Cabelas. A new bag that carries 4 rods. Geez I know there is more but I think you get the idea.
<===Lefty===

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2011, 03:50 PM »
I had 3 orders from Custom Jigs and spins. Bought 2 sets of skis for a Smitty sled. Bought 5 New reels,2 new rods,New line for all,Plus the lumber for the Smitty. Screws bolts Eye bolts,A kids roll up sled to mount on the bottom of the Smitty sled,2 Orders from E-bay for misc jigs. Just bought a Mr. Buddy Heater Portable. A new 3' long Scoop,The wife a new Rod/reel combo, another set of jigs from Cabelas. A new bag that carries 4 rods. Geez I know there is more but I think you get the idea.

Nice! Sounds like you got a bunch of gear there. Looks like all you are missing is an order from Bentley for some tarantula jigs!
-John Buchan

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Are you part of the Advertizing? None of those jigs for me. I don't like the looks of them. I have plenty and have ice fished 2 times already. Might go again tomorrow or Wednesday.
<===Lefty===

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Are you part of the Advertizing? None of those jigs for me. I don't like the looks of them. I have plenty and have ice fished 2 times already. Might go again tomorrow or Wednesday.

Nope I don't work/promote for them! I too share your feelings, they look pretty wild. I don't have any either but I want to hear some first hand reports of guys that have used them ;D
-John Buchan

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:13 PM »
I'm in the same 'ice shelter' as you!  New strikemaster pro, auger bag, 3 TB rods, 1 G.Austin rod, reels for new rods, muck artic pros, parka n bibs from sportsmanguide, big order of fiskas and several misc purchases.  I have a disease with ice gear.  Atleast I got some revenue coming back when sell my jiffy and old fl8...however...prolly some more jigs I will need to add to my collection.
]

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I'm in the same 'ice shelter' as you!  New strikemaster pro, auger bag, 3 TB rods, 1 G.Austin rod, reels for new rods, muck artic pros, parka n bibs from sportsmanguide, big order of fiskas and several misc purchases.  I have a disease with ice gear.  Atleast I got some revenue coming back when sell my jiffy and old fl8...however...prolly some more jigs I will need to add to my collection.

What TB rods did you get? What reels to go with them? I don't have any TB rods but have been considering some. Maybe next year.
-John Buchan

Offline rks-icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:35 PM »
I,m glad I'm not the only one buying more gear! I said I was going to downsize this year. At the rate I,m going I will have to get a bigger sled! LOL

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2011, 02:48 AM »

What TB rods did you get? What reels to go with them? I don't have any TB rods but have been considering some. Maybe next year.
27 inch quiver stick w/ Pflueger 6720
24 inch quiver stick w/ okuma slv 2/3
27 inch power noodle w/ Pflueger 6720
These are all very sweet setups.  I also have a 24 inch power noodle with a slv and a 16 inch sweet pea with slv...from last year.
I'm waiting for Gregg Austin to come up with a 42 inch hole hopping rod with an action similar to a quiver stick, and will prolly put another slv on it.
]

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:38 AM »
These are all very sweet setups.  I also have a 24 inch power noodle with a slv and a 16 inch sweet pea with slv...from last year.
I'm waiting for Gregg Austin to come up with a 42 inch hole hopping rod with an action similar to a quiver stick, and will prolly put another slv on it.

Do you find that you fit OK in your shack with those 27" sticks? I'm assuming you have some sort of flip over.
-John Buchan

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Do you find that you fit OK in your shack with those 27" sticks? I'm assuming you have some sort of flip over.
I have a pro TC and 27 inchers are as long as I like to use.  I suppose a 28 wouldn't be much different tho.  I have a cpl older 32's and they are to long.
]

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:24 AM »

What reel seat did you get with quiver stick. I see they make a longer rod for the fly reels but was curious how a flreel would work/balance on a 24".

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2011, 02:39 PM »
I have been thinking on getting a rod from them for walleye and one maybe for panfish.   I would really like a beyter one for the walleye though.  What are some good onea for them?
Don

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Just ordered a 26" Quiver stick with 2/3 Okuma. Thanks for posting the Black Friday Sale!

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2011, 09:31 PM »
What reel seat did you get with quiver stick. I see they make a longer rod for the fly reels but was curious how a flreel would work/balance on a 24".
I went with the standard Tennessee handle in a 4 inch for fly reels and 5 inch for spinning.  I like to be able to tap the blank with my finger.

]

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2011, 11:15 AM »
I have been thinking on getting a rod from them for walleye and one maybe for panfish.   I would really like a beyter one for the walleye though.  What are some good onea for them?

It depends on how you usually fish for walleye.  Either the Walleye Sweetheart or the Perch Sweetheart.  I have a perch Sweetheart and it is my go to rod. I usually use tee-tots or small-medium PK's.  If you use larger lures go to the walleye sweet heart.  The perch is really versatile though and I have landed some big eyes with it, definitely not lacking power or backbone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.