Author Topic: Ekimo Hand Augers  (Read 744 times)

Offline archetype_wyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ekimo Hand Augers
« on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Couldn't find a suitable thread to read(I searched for a bit before starting this thread)

I know there's some people that swear by the Eskimo Power Augers, but was wondering what the census was on their hand augers?

Found a place online that has one for $34.95 and shipping is only $16 or something like that.

Let me know what you think.
Life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. ~Bill Hicks

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ekimo Hand Augers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Save your money....Decent ones a Lazer the best is the Nils, easily blows the rest off the ice...

Offline fishaholictaz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:42 PM »
I got one that gets the job done!
        Get the kids fishing!!

Offline jknep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Had a 6 inch lazer for about 10yrs wasn't to bad(I thought). Tried a 6 inch nils a day this year and ordered one the next day. They cost a little more, but you cannot believe the difference.  Cabela's had them on sale for $119.00 but sold out. Got mine out of a place in Massachusetts last week for $125.00 plus $15.00  shipping. Impressed the hell out of everyone in my group that tried it.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:32 PM »
The Barracuda line is decent for the money, uses Lazer blades and have had the 6" for a number of years. Not a Nils as far as speed but for someone on a tight budget it'll get the job done with little problem. The inexpensive one you're talking about isn't that good, go up a grade on the Eskimo or on towards the Nils

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2011, 01:48 AM »
I just found out that the lazer blades would fit on my 8in. Barracuda hand auger this year, and after having a few issues with my power auger early this ice season, I'm sure glad I found that out as that old ten year old hand auger (that was only used for two outings since it was brand new) sure came in handy!!! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.