Author Topic: Safety ice picks?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
Safety ice picks?
« on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:14 AM »
I'm looking into buying some new ice picks in case I wind up falling through the ice. I still have the pair I wore last year around somewhere but they were annoying and seemed to get in the way no matter what I did with them (I think they're HT Polar Picks) fortunately I haven't been icefishing yet this winter. Any advice? What's a good brand?

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Safety ice picks?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2010, 10:38 AM »

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2010, 11:22 AM »
              I bought Ice Armband Grippers, from the Red Rock store.  They are in there ice fishing accessories.   Waiting for them to get here.  I already have regular picks. But these looked like they would work well.  Hope I never have to put them to the test!!  Stay on Top!!! :)

Offline solman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:08 PM »
              I bought Ice Armband Grippers, from the Red Rock store.  They are in there ice fishing accessories.   Waiting for them to get here.  I already have regular picks. But these looked like they would work well.  Hope I never have to put them to the test!!  Stay on Top!!! :)

Those look pretty cool. I may have to get them.  Thanks on the info Ice!

Offline solar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:28 AM »

I have a set of the armbands as well, and wear them. I also have a set of HT picks for when my dad comes out. I disliked the coiled 'telephone' cord which never worked for me, so I cut it off and replaced it with good old fashioned shock cord. Much better set up, and easier to stow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.