Author Topic: Sufix Performance Ice Line-Looking for line that won't freeze outside of shanty!  (Read 1724 times)

Offline UW97

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone fishing with this line? Looks expensive at $9 a spool @ 75 yards.

I'm not familiar with this type of line, but it says the smallest available test is 6lb which is equivalent to 2lb mono. Would the 6lb Sufix be adequate for panfishing, or is it to large? And are these the type of lines that generally freeze while not in a shanty?

http://www.sufix.com/usa/fishing_line/performance_ice_braid/

If so, any suggestions for line that doesn't freeze, while fishing outside? I have seen a few pictures of the new Fireline stuff freezing up badly, and I'd hate for that to happen to me. The braided, mono, fluro etc. lines confuse me.  :-\

Offline Scott Steil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Go buy some Fluorocarbon line and you will be happy.  Spool it up a day or two before you are going to use it so it has time to seat itself on the reel.  I like Berkley Vanish, it is affordable and strong.  It does not absorb water.  Vanish Transition works well if you like to see your line.  Anothr popular Fluorocarbon line is P-Line but it is a little more expensive.  Everyone that fishes with my runs Vanish now.

Scott Steil

Offline UW97

• IceShanty Rookie
Go buy some Fluorocarbon line and you will be happy.  Spool it up a day or two before you are going to use it so it has time to seat itself on the reel.  I like Berkley Vanish, it is affordable and strong.  It does not absorb water.  Vanish Transition works well if you like to see your line.  Anothr popular Fluorocarbon line is P-Line but it is a little more expensive.  Everyone that fishes with my runs Vanish now.

Scott Steil

Thanks Scott. I went with P-Line all around on my reels. I really like the feel and strength. Fluoro doesn't hold water, from my findings, so I went with the regular "summer" line P-Line Flouroclear. I also bought some line lube just in case something does happen, since we're traveling from FL to WI.

Discussions have it, the "summer" P-Line is the same as the "ice" line, minus the price tag.

Offline Scott Steil

• Team IceShanty Regular
I highly doubt they reformulate their lines for summer and winter use.  You will be happy with that Fluorocarbon line, I use it year around.  I use the same spools in summer and winter.  You will be suprised at its abraision resistance :thumbsup:

Offline UW97

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks. It feels like nice line.

Thats what some are thinking in regards to the summer and winter line debate.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.