Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699077 times)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #9450 on: Feb 22, 2022, 12:49 PM »
I bought a 10 in CPO Jiffy Ice Drill/only from Jiffyonice.com for $80 and I added $20 of other products to make it over $100; so I got free freight. You have to look under support to find them. Jiffy does not sell new motors only CPO. Thanks Feldman. ::)
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9451 on: Feb 22, 2022, 01:23 PM »
I bought a 10 in CPO Jiffy Ice Drill/only from Jiffyonice.com for $80 and I added $20 of other products to make it over $100; so I got free freight. You have to look under support to find them. Jiggy does not sell new motors only CPO. Thanks Feldman. ::)

https://www.jiffyonice.com/AUGERS/DEMOS
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9452 on: Feb 22, 2022, 01:52 PM »
DEWALT FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE 20V MAX Hammer Drill, Cordless, 1/2-Inch, Tool Only (DCD999B) 
Amazon has this under the used section but they are brand new for$80.  Great drill for use with an auger extra long handle included.

Ordered.  I guess you really can’t own too many drills. 

Not fulfilled by Amazon, but a private seller “Jeff’s Garage” But you can’t get that $80 price anywhere for a 999B. Sounds too good to be true, but there’s some consumer protection through Amazon and my CC. I’ll report back upon delivery. 

Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline Nysrx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9453 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:27 AM »
I got mine from Amazon through Jeffs Garage.  It was just as described. Brand new. Works great. I sold my older Dewalt  hammer drill to my buddy. For $50.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9454 on: Feb 23, 2022, 10:01 AM »
Thorne bros website, good deals on Striker suits. Got a coat and bibs for my kid, $140, free shipping

https://www.thornebros.com/collections/sale

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9455 on: Feb 23, 2022, 10:05 AM »
Acme Tools has a winter closeout sale on various vendors that you might want to see on the ice this/next year. 

Eskimo, Milwaukee, Ion, Dewalt and more!

https://www.acmetools.com/winter-clearout-sale/
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline TopWaterAuger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9458 on: Feb 23, 2022, 09:23 PM »
I had that auger drill unit(bottom half) ..its a great drill unit..sounds like you have it paired with an inferior drill. Wrong drill and battery will equal poor performance. As for the snap rings skip on down to a local parts store and pick them up.

These are the drills that most IS member use

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Spec for the proper drill

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!! yes, i picked up the 991 today and a 4ah battery. should do the job however it got so warm theres no ice left lol. -James

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9459 on: Feb 24, 2022, 05:16 AM »
Reed's has the Eskimo 8" pistol bit auger for $159.99. 

https://www.reedssports.com/ice-fishing/eskimo-pistol-bit-35

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9460 on: Feb 24, 2022, 06:34 AM »
Reed's has the Eskimo 8" pistol bit auger for $159.99. 

https://www.reedssports.com/ice-fishing/eskimo-pistol-bit-35

Reeds charges $26 for shipping...so I would contact Scheels for a Price Match ...free ship @ $50 from Scheels .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9461 on: Feb 24, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Reeds charges $26 for shipping...so I would contact Scheels for a Price Match ...free ship @ $50 from Scheels .

Reed's showed $18.95 for shipping to my house.  Scheel's adds $10 due to the package size, so Scheel's is cheaper with a price match.  Thanks!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9462 on: Feb 24, 2022, 08:05 AM »
Reed's showed $18.95 for shipping to my house.  Scheel's adds $10 due to the package size, so Scheel's is cheaper with a price match.  Thanks!

I recall that this season there is a surcharge on the Pistol Bit added onto the price from a lot of retailers. Buyer beware.

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9463 on: Feb 24, 2022, 06:22 PM »

$25 shipping for me. I’m headed to Scheels to take a look

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9464 on: Feb 24, 2022, 06:38 PM »
DEWALT FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE 20V MAX Hammer Drill, Cordless, 1/2-Inch, Tool Only (DCD999B) 
Amazon has this under the used section but they are brand new for$80.  Great drill for use with an auger extra long handle included.

Just received this 999 and did a quick test and all is perfect. Brand new, with handle, clip and manual. Arrived packed nicely in non retail packaging in perfect shape.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9466 on: Feb 25, 2022, 11:10 AM »

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9467 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:07 PM »
Clam Auger Conversion Kit w/ Gear Box - 15501 $109

https://www.thornebros.com/collections/sale/products/clam-auger-conversion-kit-w-gear-box-15501

This is pretty confusing! Clam makes 2 different Clam Plates. One is just the regular plate and the other has the reduction gearbox. Clam also sells the reduction gearbox separately that bolts directly to the regular Clam Plate. I can't tell if this sale is for both the clam Plate and the gearbox or just for the gear box for those who already have a plate.

There is probably a discussion here somewhere about the Clam Plates and which one you need depending upon which drill and auger you want to use. My setup is perfect. I use a 7.25" Strike master hand auger Laser for the auger bit and it is attached to a regular Clam Plate with no reduction gearbox and the drill is the Milwaukee 2803 with 1200 In/Lb of torque. I have no need for the reduction gearbox at all but I going to a much larger auger, 8-10 inch might require the gearbox. I suspect those who use drills with less torque might benefit by having the gear box. I just can't say because all my pals who have the clam/drill setup have either 6" or 7.25" auger bits and they all work great with the Milwaukee drills but 2 of them started out with the regular Clam Plate, same augers but they both fried their Ryobi drills pretty quickly and bought Milwaukee 2803 or 2804 drills as replacements and have no issues at all.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9468 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:35 PM »
This is pretty confusing! Clam makes 2 different Clam Plates. One is just the regular plate and the other has the reduction gearbox. Clam also sells the reduction gearbox separately that bolts directly to the regular Clam Plate. I can't tell if this sale is for both the clam Plate and the gearbox or just for the gear box for those who already have a plate.

There is probably a discussion here somewhere about the Clam Plates and which one you need depending upon which drill and auger you want to use. My setup is perfect. I use a 7.25" Strike master hand auger Laser for the auger bit and it is attached to a regular Clam Plate with no reduction gearbox and the drill is the Milwaukee 2803 with 1200 In/Lb of torque. I have no need for the reduction gearbox at all but I going to a much larger auger, 8-10 inch might require the gearbox. I suspect those who use drills with less torque might benefit by having the gear box. I just can't say because all my pals who have the clam/drill setup have either 6" or 7.25" auger bits and they all work great with the Milwaukee drills but 2 of them started out with the regular Clam Plate, same augers but they both fried their Ryobi drills pretty quickly and bought Milwaukee 2803 or 2804 drills as replacements and have no issues at all.

Another reason for the gearbox: The speed lowers by a corresponding amount. This might make it easier to hold when turning a big bit. The jerks will be less sharp. Lasers in particular take a bigger bite of ice, which makes them fast, but can also lead to torque jerks when the ice is not perfect.

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9469 on: Feb 25, 2022, 01:06 PM »

There is the standard version of the Clam conversion which will give you a 1:1 ratio. The gear reduction box can be purchased and swap this out. ...or, you can purchase the Clam conversion plate that includes the gear reduction box. This unit will not come with the standard 1:1 box. Advantage of this is that it is already included. Advantage (if you look at it this way) for the standard is that you will have a back up 1:1 gear box if ever needed.

Regarding if this is needed? I think there are some threads on this in the ice augers section.

Reeds also has this Clam plate deal for $97.99 but their web site had so many wonky errors recently, I would not use their eccomerce to buy anything.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9470 on: Feb 25, 2022, 02:02 PM »
Based on what I know the Gear Box would shine ..on a cordless drill less then 1000 in/lbs of torque and/or lower than 5ah battery especially using a metal auger bit .

Also a brushed drill could benefit by the Geared Plate some

but as always these are the drills I would recommend

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #9471 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:06 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAD3FCY?creative=9325&camp=1789&tag=dealnewscom&m=AWZL8ZNKMFEXO&ascsubtag=qw5u0t0rcgg162wiso649BTAAfIi0rR4

Cut a hole in the floor and it could be a single ice fishing portable, 50% off coupon equals $80.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9472 on: Feb 25, 2022, 07:27 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAD3FCY?creative=9325&camp=1789&tag=dealnewscom&m=AWZL8ZNKMFEXO&ascsubtag=qw5u0t0rcgg162wiso649BTAAfIi0rR4

Cut a hole in the floor and it could be a single ice fishing portable, 50% off coupon equals $80.
That is a very good little shelter for someone. Like you said, just drill a hole in the bottom of it.
<===Lefty===

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9473 on: Feb 25, 2022, 08:25 PM »

I'm gonna move to Ohio buy a bunch of them and set up a brothel.  :o :o :o

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9475 on: Feb 27, 2022, 08:21 AM »

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9477 on: Feb 27, 2022, 09:01 AM »
If anyone is looking for a heated vest here’s a decent deal on a quality brand. I still have my heated Cabelas hunting gloves Gerbing made years ago. I also use their vest and like it…especially in the tree stand. Use the code FB20 for an extra 20% off.
https://www.thewarmingstore.com/heated-clothing-on-sale.html?trk_msg=2MD48C177GN4JANRPFPR2C8VLG&trk_contact=P7JJDGL8I84C5V81OJM9HODE1C&trk_sid=5DMN9H0T3O8AL30IC54DUQGGL8&trk_link=UP7HBU5KF5G4R4B2E2A2I1JNPC&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Gerbing+50%25+Off+Flash+Sale&utm_campaign=%f0%9f%94%a5+50%25+Off+Gerbing+Heated+Clothing+Flash+Sale!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9478 on: Mar 02, 2022, 11:58 AM »

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #9479 on: Mar 05, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Was at my local Walmart and they had a bunch of plastic sleds (similar to a jet sled, but longer) for 35.00. I thought it was a good deal, but did not grab one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.