Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699003 times)

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5940 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:04 PM »
looking to buy an otter resort hub.  Anyone seen any on sale for black friday?
  $362 right now at Reeds with free shipping and no tax (for me here in Ohio at least).  Promo code 5DAY15OFF.  I don't think I've ever seen them go lower than that.

https://www.reedssports.com/otter-xth-pro-resort-thermal-hub-201112-609142211123

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5941 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Ahh, good to know. Thankfully I’m not in the market. That’s about 5 weeks of daycare expense in my household.    :o

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5942 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:18 PM »

Offline wyomingchad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5943 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Thanks RStock521.  That is a great price. Just placed my order. 

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5944 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Thanks RStock521.  That is a great price. Just placed my order.
No problem!  You're going to love it. 

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #5945 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:55 PM »
  $362 right now at Reeds with free shipping and no tax (for me here in Ohio at least).  Promo code 5DAY15OFF.  I don't think I've ever seen them go lower than that.

https://www.reedssports.com/otter-xth-pro-resort-thermal-hub-201112-609142211123

That's a smoking deal !!! Going to get some... ;D
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5946 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:30 PM »
That's a smoking deal !!! Going to get some... ;D
  Some?? LOL Between Wyoming _Ice and wyomingchad, there's going to be a truck load of Otter Resort's headed to Wyoming! lol

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5947 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Right on, Got Some !!!  ;D:tipup:

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5948 on: Nov 18, 2019, 09:20 PM »
I just got one too. Another one to wyoming. Great price

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5949 on: Nov 19, 2019, 01:46 AM »
Garmin Livescope for $1275 from Reeds with 5day15off coupon code.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5950 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Bass Pro and Cabela's will have the Echomap Plus 93sv unit for $599.99 for Black Friday!!!!

Anyone know if this flyer is in-store purchases only?

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5951 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:57 AM »
A fair number of the really good deals on Black Friday have such a limited quantity, you're really rolling the dice by ordering online. Even if it says it's in stock at the time of purchase, the order could be cancelled if they run out of stock before fulfilling your order.

If you really want something, best bet is to camp out overnight at the store and hope the people in front of you aren't going for the same item, because there might only be one or two on the shelf depending on the item. Or wait until Cyver Monday when more deals are geared towards ordering online.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5952 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:49 AM »
A fair number of the really good deals on Black Friday have such a limited quantity, you're really rolling the dice by ordering online. Even if it says it's in stock at the time of purchase, the order could be cancelled if they run out of stock before fulfilling your order.

If you really want something, best bet is to camp out overnight at the store and hope the people in front of you aren't going for the same item, because there might only be one or two on the shelf depending on the item. Or wait until Cyver Monday when more deals are geared towards ordering online.

Just my 2 cents.

This will be the first year in a while that I am not camping out at Cabeleas, not having the giveaway contest is a bummer.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5953 on: Nov 19, 2019, 09:42 AM »
I see West marine has a handful of sales going on also. Bunch of salt water/inshore rods and okuma trolling rods, also some fish finders, mainly Garmin. Honestly not sure how good of a deal they are but figured I'd share.
https://www.westmarine.com/sale/marine-electronics

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5954 on: Nov 19, 2019, 09:45 AM »
That Hummingbird Helix 7 G2 with GPS, DI & SI for $400 on the 2nd page of the cabelas add seems like a good price? I know they have come out with the G3 version now.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5955 on: Nov 19, 2019, 10:27 AM »
have not gotten excited enough in the past few years to rush out to any of the retailers on Black Friday. If I can't get it online for Black Friday, I don't need it.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5956 on: Nov 19, 2019, 11:43 AM »
have not gotten excited enough in the past few years to rush out to any of the retailers on Black Friday. If I can't get it online for Black Friday, I don't need it.

Yeah, I concur... take my chances online and go and find some fish somewhere on Friday... ;) ;D ;)    :tipup:

Wyo Ice

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5957 on: Nov 19, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Mills Fleet Farm Striker Ice Hardwater suit  BLACK FRIDAY

From FaceBook Messanger

Hi , thanks for
reaching out to Fleet
Farm. The Striker
Hardwater apparel
will be full price on Black Friday
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #5958 on: Nov 19, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Not happy with this.  Did anybody save a pic of the flier?  They have to honor it, right?

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5959 on: Nov 19, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Not happy with this.  Did anybody save a pic of the flier?  They have to honor it, right?
I don't think so. My thinking is that if they released the ad for distribution, yes, but if a 3rd party released and advanced copy, no because it still needs editing and the final copy needs to be approved.

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5960 on: Nov 19, 2019, 12:55 PM »
A lot of retailers that have an error in their weekly ads just put up a sign next to the item on the shelf and explain the correct price/item as their correction. Don't have to honor it, especially if it's still listed online with the correct price now, and the sale hasn't even started yet.

Offline Grillking26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5961 on: Nov 19, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Page 15 of Fleet Farm ad, bottom in fine print: “We reserve the right to limit quantities and correct printing and discount errors.”

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5962 on: Nov 19, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Page 15 of Fleet Farm ad, bottom in fine print: “We reserve the right to limit quantities and correct printing and discount errors.”

There ya go. I have a screenshot of the ad with the price listed as $129.99, but it wouldn't do any good to push the issue. I'll be interested to see what the printed version of the Black Friday ad says about them, but even if it's printed at $129.99, they dont have to honor it due to the fine print.

I'm still in the market for some dedicated ice fishing bibs in the $100-$120 range, but I think the Hardwater bibs would've been too warm for what I needed anyway. Though it would've been nice to get those for $130 and resell them to buy a pair with a little less insulation.

Hopefully there will be other deals on bibs available, otherwise I'll wait till the end of season deals, although the smaller sizes seem to sell out quicker and I'd probably need a medium or large.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5963 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:04 PM »
It's like as it goes...only limited stocks on hand.  I wanted to buy a certain reel but my local sports store just don't order it. 20% off is a great deal.  The key thing is want is not a need.  Cuz new stuff always comes out and most of the time, it's better stuff.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5964 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:17 PM »
I think that's called bait and switch
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5965 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Boomerang line snips for $6.39 on Amazon.  These are especially handy for braid.  Lowest price I've ever seen on them.

https://www.amazon.com/Boomerang-Tool-Company-Retractable-Stainless/dp/B002BWW99A/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=boomerang+snip&qid=1574195973&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-3

Offline mtnfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5966 on: Nov 19, 2019, 03:02 PM »
I think that's called bait and switch

or printer error

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5967 on: Nov 19, 2019, 03:45 PM »
Mills Fleet Farm Striker Ice Hardwater suit  BLACK FRIDAY

From FaceBook Messanger

Hi , thanks for
reaching out to Fleet
Farm. The Striker
Hardwater apparel
will be full price on Black Friday

Seems silly that it would make page 2 of bf ad at full price. They have other manufacturer suits there too.....I'm still guessing there will be some sort of a sale on them. I tried them on several times....feels almost like a space suit...I'll be on a lookout for the predator which seems much more flexible.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5968 on: Nov 19, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Boomerang line snips for $6.39 on Amazon.  These are especially handy for braid.  Lowest price I've ever seen on them.

https://www.amazon.com/Boomerang-Tool-Company-Retractable-Stainless/dp/B002BWW99A/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=boomerang+snip&qid=1574195973&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-3
Thanks for posting this. I hope they work good on braid. Haven’t found anything that can consistently make a clean cut. Nothing more aggravating than trying to feed frayed braid through the opening of a tiny swivel. Worth a shot.

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5969 on: Nov 19, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Seems silly that it would make page 2 of bf ad at full price. They have other manufacturer suits there too.....I'm still guessing there will be some sort of a sale on them. I tried them on several times....feels almost like a space suit...I'll be on a lookout for the predator which seems much more flexible.

I got my Predator bibs from The Reel Shot in January for $168. It was a 20% off Striker sale, but I'd watch for a black Friday deal there. Quick shipping and free.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.