Author Topic: Fishing Jeep!  (Read 5858 times)

Offline Dustinmikl

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Jeep!
« on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:38 PM »
After four years of fishing out of my wrangler I finally got my gear down to a science and decided it was time to outfit the Jeep to streamline things. So here she is with all of my gear,  which includes: two houses one base camp one run and gun, heaters for both, two augers 10" and 6" drill plate, electronics, propane tank, and all of my fishing gear in two and a half buckets. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!  ;D

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
Re: Fishing Jeep!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Helluva set up!

3 questions:

1) How often do you have to replace the plastic bag flag on the front bumper?

2) Where the hell do you put the food and the beer?

3) Where are you located? You must be in a place that gets good thick ice to have upgraded to a Jeep for your fish rig.

Thanks for the look!  :tipup:

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 11:53 AM »
SSS WWW EEE EEE TTT
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Here's someone who put alot of thought into what he wanted, then went out and did it - Very Nice Setup!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Zachery80

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Great work. Looks great.

Offline Dustinmikl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Helluva set up!

3 questions:

1) How often do you have to replace the plastic bag flag on the front bumper?

2) Where the hell do you put the food and the beer?

3) Where are you located? You must be in a place that gets good thick ice to have upgraded to a Jeep for your fish rig.

Thanks for the look!  :tipup:

You know it all depends on what kind of bag I'm flying gander mtn. bags are good for at least a thousand miles but the cheap gas station bags you're lucky to get 50.  ;D

The beer and food go right between the heater and bag of stuff that lives in the Jeep,  or  in the foot wells behind the seats. The last option is kicking out the passenger and filling their spot!

On a more serious note I'm up here in arctic tundra known as Minnesota

Offline Dustinmikl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Here's someone who put alot of thought into what he wanted, then went out and did it - Very Nice Setup!
Hey there neighbor! Thanks for the kind words! I'm just up here in Blaine.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2017, 02:51 PM »
You know it all depends on what kind of bag I'm flying gander mtn. bags are good for at least a thousand miles but the cheap gas station bags you're lucky to get 50.  ;D

The beer and food go right between the heater and bag of stuff that lives in the Jeep,  or  in the foot wells behind the seats. The last option is kicking out the passenger and filling their spot!

On a more serious note I'm up here in arctic tundra known as Minnesota

Very cool, I have had a few Jeeps in my day. I like what you did with it! An ice anchor (you could use a small Danforth or a Delta anchor, neither would take up a lot of space in the Jeep or you could mount on the bumper) and a hi-lift would be useful recovery tools for the Jeep, in case you got stuck in a drift or slush out on the ice yo would be able to winch out. 

Offline Dustinmikl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2017, 03:45 PM »
Funny you should mention it the hi-lift lives behind the front seats under the shelf and the rest of the recovery gear is in the red bag on left.  :thumbsup: The Jeep serves dual purpose as my offroading rig too come the warmer weather.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:13 PM »
That's bad a&&.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Very nice!

<°)))>{

Offline Dustinmikl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:37 AM »
The only thing I think it's missing is somewhere to fly an ice shanty militia flag!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Hey there neighbor! Thanks for the kind words! I'm just up here in Blaine.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will keep an eye out for the jeep on a lake this weekend.  May be up around Anoka area lakes this weekend. 

Saw in a FB post the other night that another guy did a similar setup.  He used garage door rails and stops so that he could rack out the shelf like you have.  He also had a storage rack under the shelf with another set of gargage rails so that he could pull it out and access things.  When I saw his post I thought of yours. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Fisher Kat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Slick set up   ;D

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2017, 07:38 AM »
Back in the 60's a friend had a 49 square back jeep that was his daily driver, the floor boards were rusted out but being young it didn't bother us being cold, we would take the jeep out on the ice and spud holes so we could fish right through the floor, the good ol days.

Offline EmptyPockets410

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:20 PM »
I really dig the set up, my jeep is my ice rig. I haven't installed any ice accessories but it gets piled high full of my gear. I also use it as a heated shack to watch tip ups.... :tipup:

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Nice.

I have a 2015 but I want drive it on the ice. Even with the 30" we have up here right now.

For an ice anchor find a piece of 1" round and come chain to make a toggle. Drill a hole then drop the toggle in.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Nice setup ,you got a ton of gear there  :o

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:35 PM »
No cover for the sled on the flip rack?  I had my track sled on a rear rack on my Cherokee. It got a lot road crap and salt damage from the highway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.