Author Topic: My best friend was hit by a snowmobile on Big Bay DeNoc Michigan today.  (Read 14613 times)

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Jail time, fine and lose the privilege of ever riding a snowmobile again is in order for this guy. Sorry to hear your friend had this happen to him. It's mind boggling to say the least.

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like they have identified & questioned the man who was driving the snowmobile.  According to this report the two guys know each other and have had disputes before.  I don't care how much you argue with someone, it doesn't give you the right to run them down with a snowmobile.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?list=~%5Chome%5Clists%5Csearch&id=713840#.Tyf_QqXWZc4

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
LR89
Make sure your buddy gets in touch with a personal injury lawyer.
May as well take everything this guy owns!!!   >:(

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just to clarify, my friend did not know the guy AT ALL, and he didnt have a chance to argue. The man ran his tip up over, then turned around and ran him over. TV6 and the Delta County Sherriffs Department need to get it strait and start reporting the truth.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just to clarify, my friend did not know the guy AT ALL, and he didnt have a chance to argue. The man ran his tip up over, then turned around and ran him over. TV6 and the Delta County Sherriffs Department need to get it strait and start reporting the truth.
That happens all the time darn news people can't get nothing right. Hope your buddy gets healing and hopefully someone else gets to meet with BUBBA!!! :o
Gator Nation

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hope your buddy is able to make a complete recovery, and this sled "driver" will go straight to jail and I wish it will be the world of pain for him.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
Wow!! Sounds like attempted murder

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
there is something more here we aren't getting.   i find it hard to believe that a guy just ran over a tip up then turned around and arbitrarily ran over a dude.   

obviously, there is nothing that warrents getting run over by a snowmobile, but i'll wait for a more detailed news report.

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
there is something more here we aren't getting.   i find it hard to believe that a guy just ran over a tip up then turned around and arbitrarily ran over a dude.   

obviously, there is nothing that warrents getting run over by a snowmobile, but i'll wait for a more detailed news report.

You dont know people in the Garden area then, i am from Manistique and know alot of people in the area, including Garden. And there are some low life people there who have money and think they can do what ever they want. I've texted everyone i know and gave them all a description of the sled. If i hear anything from anyone that they might know this person, you bet your butt ill be posting the persons info on here as well as getting ahold of local authorities (which i am good friends with as well). I hope your friend makes a full and trouble free recovery! As for the guy on the sled, justice will find them in some way if they are never caught. Karma always comes back to bite someone back! If you know the make and model of the sled PM me ASAP!! I can get the word out to all my friends back home in that area!
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline Hagigun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "...It's the reckoning."
How about the comments under those news stories? Who are these messed up people stepping to the defense of this coward on the snowmobile??

I certainly don't know all the facts and don't want to jump to conclusions, but to me it seems cut and dry. You've got a reckless guy out on his snowmobile who feels he is untouchable. Ain't nobody gonna tell him where he can ride, how fast he can go...especially some sissy ice fisherman and his poor tip-up.

Then some guy is claiming he knows the suspect and his family will lie for him??...yeah, sure. Get them up on the stand looking at perjury charges and you will quickly find out the truth. The police and DA seem to be dragging their feet a bit, time to amp up the pressure on suspects passenger (GF) and family corroborating this bogus "Island" alibi.

Hope this all turns out well for Parker and the guilty party is brought to justice.

Why?
....Because I can't can't Golf with Ice on the lake!

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You dont know people in the Garden area then, i am from Manistique and know alot of people in the area, including Garden

congratulations? what does that to do with the fact that there is more to the story?

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
So hnd, if i understand you properly, you are saying that Parker is lying about how he was struck by the snowmobile? Or maybe that he did something to warrant the snowmobiler hitting him and shattering both of his legs?

Please clarify, just a little confused.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline JohnF

• IceShanty Rookie
So hnd, if i understand you properly, you are saying that Parker is lying about how he was struck by the snowmobile? Or maybe that he did something to warrant the snowmobiler hitting him and shattering both of his legs?

I'm not hnd but I'll weigh in my opinion for you.

Hnd said only that there is more to the story - arbitrarily hitting tipups and running down fisherman just doesn't make sense.
We weren't there and are in danger of filling in the blanks as we see fit.  I think hnd is simply warning that we should wait for the rest of the story before we hang the guy.

Alcohol explains the behavior.
Psychopathy explains the behavior.
A Bonnie and Clyde murderous rampage explains the behavior.

Keep in mind for the next one I am not making any accusations - I'll describe this as if I were the snowmobile operator.

If I were tooling along and hit someones tip up, I would [1]turn around and head back to the fisherman to apologize and make restitution.
Then, if, as I came to the fisherman he pulled a gun on me, I would [2]run him over since this is the obvious weapon I have available to defend myself.
Next, since I am afraid of being shot, I would [3]flee the scene.

Remember, no accusations from me.  Not of you lipripper89 or your buddy.  But I thought it might be good to show that there could be a plausible reason to run someone over with a vehicle.

And then if it were me, the sheriff would have heard of the incident from me first.

What I suspect happened here does not matter.  That's why detectives investigate.

I do sincerely wish your friend a quick recovery.  I also sincerely wish for swift justice.  And please don't take what I've written here as calling anyone a liar.

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
Very sad deal there just doesn't seem to be any Justis anymore . Big lawyers will probley ask him for money to fix his clients snowmobile :'(

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well I would say that the fact that the guy fled and didnt contact the police pretty much sums it up. If you were defending yourself and hadnt purposely run the guy over you would have nothing to hide. This needs no comment as to who was wrong here. He had both of his legs broken and went to the hospital because the man hit him with a snowmobile. I'd say that warrants a "hanging".
Good Fishin!!!

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
WOW...  UNBELIEVABLE   Sorry to hear about such a horrible act of violence..  We pray for a speedy recovery...
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac

no apparently you are very awful at understanding properly.

we get that you are upset and that seems reasonable. but there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Keep in mind for the next one I am not making any accusations - I'll describe this as if I were the snowmobile operator.

If I were tooling along and hit someones tip up, I would [1]turn around and head back to the fisherman to apologize and make restitution.
Then, if, as I came to the fisherman he pulled a gun on me, I would [2]run him over since this is the obvious weapon I have available to defend myself.
Next, since I am afraid of being shot, I would [3]flee the scene.

I'm a snowmobiler first and an ice fisherman second. Any real snowmobiler would instantly turn off the machine and walk to the fisherman after running over a trap. He wouldn't rip around and thread his machine between all the other traps to get to the guy to say sorry.

Anyway, we are all speculating until the details are released. But there is certainly more to the story. People on motorized machines don't just mow people down without a reason.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
yes we don't know both sides of the story we do know someone has two broken legs and the assailant ran so what possible re son could he or she have
to justify this and not own up
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
no apparently you are very awful at understanding properly.

we get that you are upset and that seems reasonable. but there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

I too believe we are missing some truth. This in no way justifies the horrible act but............. From and investigative stand I would first look at the facts. Fact, a snowmobile ran over or came way to close to an ice fishermans equipment (how far was the tip up from the fisherman?)Fact, the ice fisherman comes out hooting and hollering waving arms. Fact, male early 20's (yes age often matters in emotional control) gives the snowmobiler a peace of his mind most likely showing little verbal restraint. Fact, an argument ensued and threats or gestures of attack POSSIBLY made. Fact, the snowmobiler then runs down the victim with the snowmobile. Another fact is that this obviously was not a hi speed run down. Anyone that has been on a sled knows that if you run straight into someone at any significant speed they would end up on top of you. This doesn't sound right. I would go as far as saying that he and the victim were at a stand still and during a conflict the snowmobiler lunged forward hitting him and was again POSSIBLY challenged to do so or trying to stop the snowmobiler/jumping in front of him. The snowmobiler realized the extent of what had transpired and took off. He is still at fault in this no doubt. This snowmobiler was obviously a jerk and a coward for his actions and not coming forward. I do see though how this may have been provoked but still is not acceptable behavior.

Sorry if anyone takes offense to my version but WE ARE DEFINITELY MISSING SOME INFO. I too wish the victim a speedy recovery and hope this guy serves his time.

However this unfolded, I hope others can learn the extent of lack of personal restraint. You don't pop off at the mouth to anyone that may have accidentally ran over something they may not have seen. Nor do you assault anyone in any manner if not assaulted first. Freaking out on someone who may be unaware of any wrong doing is ridiculous. Many people are killed in road rage incidents every year under similar circumstances. Some by gun some by vehicle some stabbed to death. Approach every situation as an accident before laying into anyone, unless they implicate purposefull wrong doing to you, you should continue to conduct yourself in a civilized manner.

Offline Tommc56

• IceShanty Rookie
Freak , that's a very insightful assessment of the possible scenarios .

Offline nic

• Team IceShanty Regular
I too believe we are missing some truth. This in no way justifies the horrible act but............. From and investigative stand I would first look at the facts. Fact, a snowmobile ran over or came way to close to an ice fishermans equipment (how far was the tip up from the fisherman?)Fact, the ice fisherman comes out hooting and hollering waving arms. Fact, male early 20's (yes age often matters in emotional control) gives the snowmobiler a peace of his mind most likely showing little verbal restraint. Fact, an argument ensued and threats or gestures of attack POSSIBLY made. Fact, the snowmobiler then runs down the victim with the snowmobile. Another fact is that this obviously was not a hi speed run down. Anyone that has been on a sled knows that if you run straight into someone at any significant speed they would end up on top of you. This doesn't sound right. I would go as far as saying that he and the victim were at a stand still and during a conflict the snowmobiler lunged forward hitting him and was again POSSIBLY challenged to do so or trying to stop the snowmobiler/jumping in front of him. The snowmobiler realized the extent of what had transpired and took off. He is still at fault in this no doubt. This snowmobiler was obviously a jerk and a coward for his actions and not coming forward. I do see though how this may have been provoked but still is not acceptable behavior.

Sorry if anyone takes offense to my version but WE ARE DEFINITELY MISSING SOME INFO. I too wish the victim a speedy recovery and hope this guy serves his time.

However this unfolded, I hope others can learn the extent of lack of personal restraint. You don't pop off at the mouth to anyone that may have accidentally ran over something they may not have seen. Nor do you assault anyone in any manner if not assaulted first. Freaking out on someone who may be unaware of any wrong doing is ridiculous. Many people are killed in road rage incidents every year under similar circumstances. Some by gun some by vehicle some stabbed to death. Approach every situation as an accident before laying into anyone, unless they implicate purposefull wrong doing to you, you should continue to conduct yourself in a civilized manner.
wow dude really?

Offline downriverbob

• IceShanty Rookie
Obviously there is a lot of information not know, the totality of the situation is only know by those involved.  Speculating on the situation and making comments relating to the same helps no one.  After working in law enforcement for over 30 years you learn there are times like these that you will never know what really happened.  If there were no witness present other than those involved you can only go what those involved tell you and any physical evidence that you can obtain.

BOB
“If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”

Norman Maclean

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Obviously there is a lot of information not know, the totality of the situation is only know by those involved.  Speculating on the situation and making comments relating to the same helps no one.  After working in law enforcement for over 30 years you learn there are times like these that you will never know what really happened.  If there were no witness present other than those involved you can only go what those involved tell you and any physical evidence that you can obtain.

BOB

Well put.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well freak, you obviously have a very limited understanding of physics. If the snowmobile had been at a stand still and the guy lunged forward from a short distance The sled would not have shattered both of his legs. Again he has a double compound fracture of his tibia and fibula in his left leg, and a straight break of the tibia in the right leg. These injuries resulted in two rods and screws in the left and a rod and srews also in the right.

On another note I am sitting in his room right now talking to him and showing him your posts, just to clear it up he once again sais the man ran over his tip up, he yelled at him and the man turned around accellerated and hit him. His girlfriend is also here and she once again agrees. I feel like theres an echo in this forum since I seem to keep seeing the same story over and over, from the people who were there. Yes I was not there, but since I am sitting in the same room as both of them right now, and they are watching me type this, I would say I count as good source of info for you guys.

I hope that this post can now continue to accomplish what I intended it for. If you have something to say to Parker please by all means post. However if you plan to soak up the medias poorly collected information, please hold off on the negative posts.
Good Fishin!!!

Bullelk34

Get well soon Parker, and follow the Doc's orders (even, Ms Girlfriend, if that means waiting on him hand and foot :) )! If you ever make it out here to Montana, dinner is on me.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
If there is more to the story or not, the guy used his snow mobile as a WEAPON and should be put behind bars for a long time.  No different that using a gun to shoot someone.  Lipripper, I hope your buddy heals quickly and gets back to fishing.  Don't listen to some comments from previous posters. 

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well freak, you obviously have a very limited understanding of physics. If the snowmobile had been at a stand still and the guy lunged forward from a short distance The sled would not have shattered both of his legs. Again he has a double compound fracture of his tibia and fibula in his left leg, and a straight break of the tibia in the right leg. These injuries resulted in two rods and screws in the left and a rod and srews also in the right.

On another note I am sitting in his room right now talking to him and showing him your posts, just to clear it up he once again sais the man ran over his tip up, he yelled at him and the man turned around accellerated and hit him. His girlfriend is also here and she once again agrees. I feel like theres an echo in this forum since I seem to keep seeing the same story over and over, from the people who were there. Yes I was not there, but since I am sitting in the same room as both of them right now, and they are watching me type this, I would say I count as good source of info for you guys.

I hope that this post can now continue to accomplish what I intended it for. If you have something to say to Parker please by all means post. However if you plan to soak up the medias poorly collected information, please hold off on the negative posts.

yes we understand you have the victim party's side of the story.  and you are their friend so of course you are going to believe them.  we dont' know them from adam, and to most,  something doesn't add up.  what we hear is a guy for no reason ran over your buddy.  thats it.   it doesn't make sense.   obviously its awful your buddy was hit by a snowmobile. that action is inexcusable regardless of what may or may not have happened.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
My best to you Parker, do get well soon.

If you need something to cheer you up a bit, just think of Jason Pepin of Escanaba, the young fellow that won $3000 with a four and a half ounce perch.

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Parker - best of luck to you with a full and complete recovery, very unfortunate circumstance for you.

X2 on Ms Girlfriend waiting on him hand and foot through the recovery period and a few months beyond to wean him off the waitress service.  :P

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.