Author Topic: Strike Ice Rod Transportation Bag Review.  (Read 2159 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Strike Ice Rod Transportation Bag Review.
« on: Feb 27, 2020, 04:01 PM »
Heres another quick gear review video on my Striker Ice Rod Transporter Bag. Before this bag, 3 broken ice rod tips, after, zero!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: Strike Ice Rod Transportation Bag Review.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2020, 08:41 PM »
Just ordered one yesterday before I saw your review.  Looks like a good piece of equipment!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 08:51 PM »
I have one and love it! Great piece of equipment!

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:40 PM »
Way too big and bulky looking for me. I like to pack as light as possible. Nothing worse than going fishing with a buddy and having no room for everything because they bring a huge bag with. That thing takes up waaaay too much space IMO.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:25 AM »
Way too big and bulky looking for me. I like to pack as light as possible. Nothing worse than going fishing with a buddy and having no room for everything because they bring a huge bag with. That thing takes up waaaay too much space IMO.
It certainly is bulky. I made sure to add some footage of it in my XL sled to show the size.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2020, 10:12 AM »
It certainly is bulky. I made sure to add some footage of it in my XL sled to show the size.

This is true, it is bulky. I don't bring it when I'm using my smallest sled and planning on hole hopping.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2020, 10:44 AM »
I have mine for 3 seasons or more ..I love it ..the center pouch can store an unbelievable amount of gear . I use to bring a nap sack before I got the SI Transporter . I have stored more rods in HT tubes ..extra gloves hats..thermals cameras ..green lights . Yes it is bulky ..but each and every trip its in my sled and/or flip over .The side zipper pouches can hold t utility boxes loaded with gear .

On another note ..any review on the Jet Sled XL ..I am looking to get one to replace my Otter sled of the same size . The Otter is a bear to pull by hand . Does the Jet XL pull similar to its smaller counter parts ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:50 AM »
I have mine for 3 seasons or more ..I love it ..the center pouch can store an unbelievable amount of gear . I use to bring a nap sack before I got the SI Transporter . I have stored more rods in HT tubes ..extra gloves hats..thermals cameras ..green lights . Yes it is bulky ..but each and every trip its in my sled and/or flip over .The side zipper pouches can hold t utility boxes loaded with gear .

On another note ..any review on the Jet Sled XL ..I am looking to get one to replace my Otter sled of the same size . The Otter is a bear to pull by hand . Does the Jet XL pull similar to its smaller counter parts ?
I haven't done a YT video review on the XL, but i love it. I have the small, standard and the XL. I bring the XL the most. Id say it pulls pretty close to the standard size. This past weekend, I dragged the XL, my 949i (44lbs), flasher, this rod bag, a chair, and food just about a mile through 10" of snow and it pulled fine. Ive never pulled an otter, but haven't felt like the XL was a burden.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:26 PM »
I haven't done a YT video review on the XL, but i love it. I have the small, standard and the XL. I bring the XL the most. Id say it pulls pretty close to the standard size. This past weekend, I dragged the XL, my 949i (44lbs), flasher, this rod bag, a chair, and food just about a mile through 10" of snow and it pulled fine. Ive never pulled an otter, but haven't felt like the XL was a burden.

Thanks ..looks like I am buying an XL Jet Sled..the Otter I have if towed behind a machine is great ..by hand like a dead horse up hill. My Jet Sled 1 is just a tad small for some gear at times ..although I have a Smitty Sled it would be nice to just load up and drag out .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.