Author Topic: What's with this weather?  (Read 841 times)

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
What's with this weather?
« on: Feb 03, 2019, 01:04 PM »
-29 with a wind chill of -37 right now in Edmonton.

While waiting for enough ice to haul my shack out I started doing some reno's and modifications. Finally got those done and every day off I've had since then has been either brutally cold, blowing snow, or both. My shack is still on the back of the truck and we've only been out once with the hub shanty and we left at noon when the blizzard start. Hoping it warms up to at least -20 this weekend so I can get the shack out. Anyone else having a slow start to the ice fishing season?

The more I fish, the less I know about fishing...
Send me a PM if you'd like info about how I built my ice shack

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What's with this weather?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2019, 04:03 PM »
I'm having an awesome season!  Started a bit slow for sure but picked up once the full moon in Jan came around.  This cold weather has put a damper on but I'm sure I'll be out again next weekend at some new water.  Since I met my goal of limiting out at Pigeon on whites, time for new water, different species and a new challenge.  All AB water for sure.  I have an out of country trip coming up on April 1st so I won't be doing any long distance trips for the reminder of the ice season, but, definitely some new water in mind.  Time to put away the flasher and break out the underwater camera  ;D

Offline TylerThomson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:53 PM »
It could always be worse,  you could be working outside every day on a 6 and 1 with for fingers crossed to be able to hit the last couple of weeks of March.   ;)

It is frigging cold though. A heated shack would be better than welding pipe lol

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2019, 03:43 PM »
 This is a perfect day for all the tree huggers and anti transmountain pipeline supports to turn your furnace off and walk to work,I dare you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.