The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: MassWildlife Angler Education  (Read 454 times)

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
MassWildlife Angler Education
« on: Jan 05, 2024, 08:06 AM »
The DFW has a great program to teach ice fishing to beginners. I went to two at Scout Pond in Chesterfield in years passed and had a ball (despite not qualifying as a beginner with my 50 years of ice fishing experience at the time). It looks like they are no longer coming out here to the west, but if you live near one of the lakes mentioned and have kids / grandkids, consider going. Bait provided.

And, yes, there is a high likelihood the events will be cancelled. No need to start another thread on that topic!

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/learn-to-fish-events#fishing-events-for-beginners-

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: MassWildlife Angler Education
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2024, 08:46 AM »
Do they take donations of used equipment?  I'm starting to compile quite the collection of stuff I don't use.
westernmas on the finder

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2024, 06:41 PM »
Great program, years ago I was a Master Fishing Instructor for them...

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2024, 07:25 AM »
Do they take donations of used equipment?  I'm starting to compile quite the collection of stuff I don't use.

I don't know for sure, but I bet they would like tip-ups in working condition. Email somebody at DCR, and they will put you in touch with the right person. They always answer me fairly quickly.

And ask them why they don't come out west.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.