Author Topic: migrating crappie  (Read 2432 times)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
migrating crappie
« on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:00 AM »
OK so the lake that I always fish for crappie in the winter isn't producing any and i can't find any but it is a really big lake and all of it always don't freeze over so do u think it is possible that they have not migrated to there usual spots yet??I have been fishing this lake for 6 years and can always pull crappie out day and night..I bet i punched 30 holes and didn't mark nothing and sat for a few hours after dark and still nothing ???
FISH ON

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: migrating crappie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:11 PM »
It's all about the food chain. Plankton will do better with sunlight getting to it, little creatures eat the plankton, bigger things eat them and on and on. Waters still cold, they aren't going to work any harder than they have to in feeding. Just one of those winters, stay safe

Offline flyangler00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2012, 02:19 AM »
concentrate more on the basin areas just adjacent to the spawning grounds, crappies dont migrate far from them, often times within 300 yds...key is to be extremely mobile! pop lots of holes and i mean alot!! hole hop like mad! no fish on flasher move on to the next till you get a blip, then look at which way they are swimming. and get holes drilled in that direction. hope this helps! good luck!

may you have tight lines and good times, we'll see you on the water

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:39 AM »
concentrate more on the basin areas just adjacent to the spawning grounds, crappies dont migrate far from them, often times within 300 yds...key is to be extremely mobile! pop lots of holes and i mean alot!! hole hop like mad! no fish on flasher move on to the next till you get a blip, then look at which way they are swimming. and get holes drilled in that direction. hope this helps! good luck!
In all my years using electronics,  I never knew they showed the direction to which fish are swimming. Geesh, I always see them swimming from left to right on my screens ::)  ;D

Offline JigChaser08

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I Was Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:11 PM »
In all my years using electronics,  I never knew they showed the direction to which fish are swimming. Geesh, I always see them swimming from left to right on my screens ::)  ;D

well said Dipsy! x2 LOL
Henry

Offline iceman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2013, 07:38 AM »
Move move jig jig

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.