Author Topic: Striker Climate bibs inseam adjustment?  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Striker Climate bibs inseam adjustment?
« on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Love these bibs but the inseam adustment is confusing; got the cuff folded up and secured with velcro-- but the gaiter has a mystery snap
stud inside which looks like it might rub against leg and become an irritation. I have insulating liner removed; yet I think the gaiter issue will remain when zipped back in. Anyone else experience  this issue?  Thought I check with IS members before I contact Striker... Thx!
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
Re: Striker Climate bibs inseam adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Yep!!! Striker has a video on how to do it I've watched it 10 times and damd if i can figure it out.
I got pissed and had my wife sew it.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2014, 04:16 PM »
The snap with Velcro is to prevent slush and snow from going up your leg if this helps!  Put bibs over shoulders, snap the (gaiter) around bottom of leg then zip leg down.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Love these bibs but the inseam adustment is confusing; got the cuff folded up and secured with velcro-- but the gaiter has a mystery snap
stud inside which looks like it might rub against leg and become an irritation. I have insulating liner removed; yet I think the gaiter issue will remain when zipped back in. Anyone else experience  this issue?  Thought I check with IS members before I contact Striker... Thx!

Got my Climate suit last spring...at that time I was able to view a video and locate a FAQ section on their site which detailed the adjustment procedure  ...since then both have disappeared ...so I would Email them and/or call them.. my gator sticks out some ..but according to Striker this is normal based on my inseam adjustment.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Got the cuff snap on gaiter fastened but there are 3 snap posts 4" up gaiter cuff. Must be for liner attachment or length adjustment. Gonna be outside my boot anyways. Need a degree in apparel  design to figure this out! Lol

The snap with Velcro is to prevent slush and snow from going up your leg if this helps!  Put bibs over shoulders, snap the (gaiter) around bottom of leg then zip leg down.
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2015, 09:14 PM »
I'm having a hard time figuring out these damn bibs also lol Any videos?
Charles E.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:12 AM »

The link to the video does not work .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JJBat150

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2015, 04:18 PM »
I bought a set this season, and couldn't figure them out either.

Once I saw the above instructions, I realized the bottom hem is velcro...  now it all makes sense.

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Charles E.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Figured I add this video to this thread as its the first one that pops up on a search reference the inseam topic

http://www.strikerice.com/bibs/item/12-youth-guardian-bib#size-chart

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2016, 03:41 AM »
Is the vertical velcro strips the new adjustment set up or is that just on certain models?  I bought the Hardwater bibs last month and they have the three horizontal strips of velcro to adjust the length and am wondering if I have a recently made pair or a pair that's new old stock.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2016, 06:14 AM »
Got the cuff snap on gaiter fastened but there are 3 snap posts 4" up gaiter cuff. Must be for liner attachment or length adjustment. Gonna be outside my boot anyways. Need a degree in apparel  design to figure this out! Lol
         There are 2 snaps above my "boot" when zipped down, they must be to snap before you zip down, after you snap the gaiter together.  I only snap gaiter , then just zip leg down.  If everything was snapped you would never get it off when you got home!!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2016, 12:33 PM »
Those snaps are to snap the bottom of the storm flap shut after you zip the leg shut.  There's three so there's at least one for each length you can adjust the leg.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Climate bibs have infinite play cuffs, Hardwater bibs have the triple play cuffs (3 positions). they are different, the 1/2 seam on the bottom hem must be opened this is your Velcro attachment to cuffs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.