Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623835 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12810 on: Jul 01, 2018, 06:23 AM »
WS....we took 2 half hour breaks on the trip. Nice to find a shady spot, grab a cold water & walk around a bit 😉

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12811 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Good morning 9:45 fans!! Things have been a bit hectic in my world to say the least. After many years, my wife and I have patched things up and I've moved back home. I've accumulated a lot of stuff and that makes for an interesting situation!! Should make for one hell of a garage sale, and Salvation Army donation!! My daughters also have benefited as they get first pick. I kept up with the goings on on the thread as best I could and tried posting jokes when I was able. For a while I felt like a juggler with 3 balls in the air and suspected that 2 were mine!!!! Things are slowly settling down and it feels good!!! Everyone have a good at whatever you choose!! Stay cool and hydrated!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12812 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a hot one today. I hope everyone stays cool and stays hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12813 on: Jul 02, 2018, 02:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  75* and sticky this am, its 3am, high of 96 expected here on the Hill today...it's going to be a hot one again!

Mike... :clap: :thumbsup:  CONGRATULATIONS to both you and your wife, that's fantastic!! Hope everything works out great for you!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally..hope you and Mr.WW had a great time and a safe ride back on the bike.   :thumbsup:
  H2...wow, that was a close one with the boat buddy! Happy 2nd Anniversary to your wife on  her transplant and many, many more to come!!  :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad the BBQ went well, and yes, this weather sucks big time to put it mildly!   ;D

I packed two changes of clothes in my truck yesterday. My wife saw me and asked if I was going someplace. I said no, just getting ready for work like I did when we lived in Florida.... :sick:
  We've got some emergency repair work on a few pieces of marble today they want done, so, that will be on the agenda today.
  Gatorade's on....er cawfee.... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12814 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Good morning everyone . I saw on the TV news this morning that there was a multiple stabbing at a child's birthday party in Boise , Idaho and the Washington,DC area newspaper where five people were killed is now receiving death threats from folks who support the accused gun man. It seems our world gets crazier by the minute.

This past week was a rough one for me besides my breathing  issues picked up a bug that caused digestive track issues thankfully it appears the bug has run it's course. Glad I did not go have to through this during the current weather here in NY. also ran into issues getting one of permits needed for the house during electrical inspection on Friday inspector found one outside outlet is not properly grounded having the problem corrected this week.

Hunts2long congratulations to your wife on reaching 2nd anniversary of lung transplant continued good health to her.
OldSailor may relationship with your wife continue to improve over time.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the videos. I hope your trail cameras survive until hunting season.
Wallyworld guessing the pies made journey in one piece assume you have some type of trailer that attaches to motorcycle or the bike has big saddle bags. how was traffic on return trip.
Tom Turkey happy to read your wife has eliminated some of the stress from her life by resigning from her lake assoc. duties. May doctors find the cause of your current back pain.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read your back problems have returned may your doctors find a solution that helps you get back to normal quickly.
Ice Wanderer glad the barbeque went well glad neighbor wife could attend the event.
Eddie hope today's marble work is completed quickly oppressive heat warnings in place from NYC up to Ice Wanders section of the state. Good idea packing change of clothes don't forget water supply.
Deal Ninja enjoy the rebuilt pontoon boat, sorry to see your post in what makes me grumpy thread about folks throwing and leaving trash in the lake.
IFF hope work schedules get finalized at you job and coworkers gets enough hours to maintain her life style.

My apologies if I missed replying to anyone's posts(s) . Be careful when out in the high heat and humidity affecting certain areas of our country. Have a good day and good fishing to all hitting the lake or other waters.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12815 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

X2 on Eddies comments to OS :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope everything turns out well for you both!

mr.clean hope all is going well for you. I hope you will be back posting soon.

Have a safe ride back WW :thumbsup:

Congratulations to your wife h2l :clap:

Not a lot going on here. I am off for my walk and then I have to change out a spindle bearing on the s-i-l's riding mower. She said she heard a noise ??? The housing was basically destroyed. I may just get 4 extra bearings and do the other 2 before there is more failure

Hope everyone has an excellent (probably short week) :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what's on the planner.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12816 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Morning all,

OS....congrats to you & MrsOS  :clap:  hope it all works out  ;)

IF45.....sorry to hear of your set backs  :'(  MrsIF45 is just doing what us women do every day  :flex:

Eddie.....hope all goes well with the marble repair today  :)  I imagine there's lots of scurrying around getting things cleaned up going on this week  ;D

Took almost 7 hours to get home yesterday, traffic wasn't too bad, but boy the temps sure were  :o  saw a high of 105* about mid MA & that's just the air temp not heat index  :-\  could have used a couple clothes changes along the way too  ;D  walked in the house and was met with 94* INSIDE  ::)  the only a/c is in the bedroom so at least it was cool to sleep last night  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

MrC......good morning sir  :)  sorry to hear about the bug & permit issue  :(   hope the breathing problems are getting resolved  ;)

WS.....and a good morning to you also sir  @)   slow & steady on the walk, it's too hot for much else  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12817 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:04 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It 74* and clear on my hill, it hit 92* yesterday and the heat index was 108* at 3:45 pm. All that info I can get from my weather station! :woot:
                            Steve........I hope you can get over your breathing problem, this is not the kind of weather to have that. :whistle:
                            Eddie.........All I can say is stay hydrated, this is not great weather to be working. ::)
                            Wally.........The heat coming off the black top had to be like being in Hell. :blink: I'm glad you made it home safely. :thumbsup:
                            Marv..........You are a good man for fixing the S-I-L's wheel bearings. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
                            OS.............I don't think any of us knew of your situation but I hope the best for you and the Mrs. :thumbsup:
                            I-45...........Sorry to hear about the set back.
                            H2L...........I bet you are planning to hit the lake today, it should be a little cooler out there. :whistle:
                            Yesterday my wife and I set up a 8" pool for the grand kids that will be coming this week, it does have a pump and filter to keep it clean.
                  Hell I might get in it myself after my therapy session! :o
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or doing whatever to stay cool!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12818 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:40 AM »
71 this morning and the house cooled down to 80 over night. Wife doesn't care for A/C in the house. She is going shopping with the daughter today. She must like the A/C in the car.

IW, I am not sure if there is a fish in this lake that is worth me going out in this heat. When I was younger it never brothered me. It must have been those ice cold OV splits.

WW, I told the wife yesterday afternoon that you must be having fun in this heat on the bike.

Have a good day and stay cool....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12819 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:50 AM »
H2L....yeah you're so right about that, stopped 4 times for water on the ride & never had to use the facilities for more than washing up  :roflmao: :whistle:

"WW, I told the wife yesterday afternoon that you must be having fun in this heat on the bike."

Even the Berkshires were HOT  :o  @)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12820 on: Jul 02, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Whoopie the power is back on. More later as I have a little more clean up to do after last evenings storm.

It is now later after some rest. Things started to get nasty just after my oldest son called about a broken garage door spring. I looked out side and could not see the street for the rainless than 100 feet away then the wind started to blow like crazy. I have not seen it blow like that since we had straight line winds hit back around 2000. When It started I got on the computer and just got a quick look at the radar seeing a long fairly narrow string of storms down most of the state. All I got was a quick look when the power went down. the storm only last 20 minutes and then the sun came out with a bright red sunset

I surveyed some of the damage before dark. A family had two of those portable canvas garages and a 10x20 canopy end up in the neighbors yard. One of their trees ended up missing a motorhome from Colorado by a few feet, another tree ended up on a house and a garage. This is all I saw before dark. This morning I saw numerous bimini's and canopies torn off of toons a long with all of trees down. Thankfully my toon was still in the yard or the bikini would have gotten torn up. The wife just heard of a lot more trees down and a dock even getting flipped on top of a toon.

This all started around 8:45 last night and it was not until almost 2 this after noon before our power came on. My neighbor had gone and bought a  generator.  I heard him start it up after he got it put together. He said he no more than plugged his freezer in and the power came back on. Luckily neither of us had any major damage

The only good part of the day was finding a patch of huckleberries in the woods when I took some brush over there to dump it. I thought that was what the bushes were but never saw them have any berries. Tomorrows agenda is to pick them. I forgot how sweet they are.

H2L It is great to here your wife has made two years with her transplant. Being able to do something like that was just a fantasy when I grew up.

MR C Hopefull you can find a Dr that can solve our breathing issues. We talked to guy today while olooking at damge that was mad about how the Assn board had treated the wife as he knew how much she had done for the Assn.

OS I hope every thing only gets better with you and your wife.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12821 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes on our reunification. It was a long journey!!! It truly is good to be back home!!! Tight lines......
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12822 on: Jul 03, 2018, 02:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  74* and sticky again this am, high of 90 for today, slight chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon.

Mike...it was refreshing hearing your good news, best wishes!   :clap:
  Tom...glad to read you got your power restored and no damage to your property! Holding off on the pontoon was a good idea... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the grandchildren will be very happy with the pool, nice job!  :thumbsup: 
  Wally...that had to be one hot ride back on the bike, wow. Did the treats survive the ride out?   :woot:
  Marv..wtg helping out your SIL with the tractor....did you replace all the bearings?   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad you're over that bug, hope the Dr. can get that breathing issue under control soon.   :thumbsup:

Challenging day yesterday with the heat, but we got through it ok. Some of the guys patience were short fused as the temperature began soaring, but that's to be expected...no major issues other than sweat dripping off everyone like candle wax... ;D
  The fireworks crew will be there today to begin setting up. We'll be working very  close to where they'll be, should wrap our project by late morning. Will try and snap a few pictures.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12823 on: Jul 03, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good morning Eddie-fellow 9:45ers . Weather fore cast for my area similar to Eddie's. My condo is a heat box dreading next month's electric bill between air conditioner and ceiling fan usage will be higher then normal.
Eddie guessing another early start to work day to beat heat of the day and be finished with marble work so fire works crew can begin their work for tomorrow's show.
Tom Turkey glad you suffered no major damage from recent storm and your electric power is restored. Hope your area  did not suffer to much storm related damage .
Whopper Stopper hope your SIL has a shaded place where you could work on the tractor wheel bearings.
Wallyworld I'm sure they use newer materials for riding outfits today over traditional leather still had to be one hot and nasty ride home. I can sympathize with you on house temperature on your arrival home my condo is usually 80 degrees over higher these past few days before using AC .
Ice Wanderer sure the grand kids will like the pool not to mention your wife and you especially during this period of high heat and humidity.
OldSailorr may relationship with your wife continue to improve with each passing day.

I'll drop bye later to check everyone posts. Have a good day and great Fourth of July. Best to all fishing remember the sun screen and beverages.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12824 on: Jul 03, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

72, rain and muggy, heading into the upper 80's later today.

Eddie keep up on the fluids Sir! Nasty weather when you have to work in it for sure :%$#!: It's unpleasant just being outside. I couldn't change the other bearings on the mower as it's too old and John Deere didn't offer any part number on them. Today I am going to take out one of the good one and bring it to the neighbors shop and see if he can match them up. If not we will just go with them as they are.

IW did you do a Cannon Ball into the new pool yet? ;D A pool sounds pretty dang nice :thumbsup:

Safe travels to you WW :thumbsup: Any goodies in the treat poke?

TT glad to hear you didn't have any damage :thumbsup:

mr.clean hope things turn around for you and you get back on your feet.

I am off for my walk, hopefully the rain just stays light. 

Best of luck no matter whats on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12825 on: Jul 03, 2018, 05:42 AM »
68 this morning. Still too hot for me to get out on the lake.. We did get a little shower last evening. It was 78 degrees when I went to bed. Couple more days of hot weather but long range shows still pretty warm..

My nephew took a day off from mowing lawns and went fishing yesterday. I will find out today how he did....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12826 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....this heat & humidity is enough to make anyone a little short fused  :%$#!:  hope the crew gets thru the day peacefully today & hopefully the air clears soon  @)

TT.....glad your power is back & you suffered no major damage  :clap:  had some t-storms roll thru yesterday, not as bad as one would expect considering the heat & humidity levels of late  :blink:

OS....enjoy every minute of home  ;)

WS.....no treats this time  ;D  might have to be a couple ice cream stops tho ( calcium is a good thing right !?!? ) :roflmao:  enjoy your morning stroll  @)

MrC.....it reached 94* in the house yesterday  :pinch: finally had to break down & get a window air conditioner for the living room  ::)  shortly after getting it started the rain moved in along with a nice breeze & temps dropped from 102 to 75 in a matter of a few minutes  :thumbsup:  so off went the a/c & opened doors & windows again  :wacko: at least it's here now when we need it  ;)  take care sir  :)

IW.....even a kiddie pool sounds pretty good lately  ;D  altho I passed on swimming in the ocean, that was TOO cold  :o :o just soaking my feet at the water's edge was enough for me  :woot:

H2L....x2 on getting on the lake between the heat & people on vacation this week, the boat has stayed tucked away in the barn  ;)  maybe next week will be a little cooler

Heading out in a bit for Niagara Falls Canada for a couple days  @)  Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th  :clap:  Safe travels to anyone hitting the road.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12827 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 68* and clear here on my hill, last night we had a thunder shower, .37" of rain it cooled things down  and with the fan
                     upstairs pushing the hot air out and opening the right windows down stairs the house is a comfortable 70* :clap:
                              Eddie........I hated working in the heat and having the sweat dripping down on everything especially wearing safety glasses. It looked
                     like I was seeing underwater. ::)
                              Wally.........I know about drinking a lot of water and not having to go, one hot day working on a road job, I must have drank 5 gallons of
                     water and never peed. My clothes were soaking wet and when I got home I got on the scale and I lost 11 lbs of water weight. :blink:
                              Steve........I hope you can get that breathing thing figured out? ???
                              Marv.........Don't you just hate it when the manufacturer doesn't carry the part anymore and don't have any idea what the real bearing # is. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                              Today is our day to have #2 sons kids over, well #3 son called and wanted to know if we could watch his two girls, OH BOY 4 at once! :blink:
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play, STAY COOL AND HYDRATED!

IW 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12828 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:35 AM »
IW.....4x the fun  :woot: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12829 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Jeff got ear plugs ?  ;D

Gearing up for down sizing Garage sale, this coming weekend. Now I have caught a sore throat thats been going around the crew.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12830 on: Jul 03, 2018, 07:53 AM »
68* here this morning also. I guess there will be no sleeping past 7am on Tuesdays any more. Our garbage company sold out and the new company comes early and drives like maniacs.

I have to give the crews that worked on restoring our power a big high five. From now on if we loose power I will call immediately so I get on the list. When I finally called in I got a response real fast when I explained that the line past the house feeds another 40 houses at least. I got numerous calls from the power company up dating me on what was going on. The area was a zoo with people running around looking at the damage getting in the way of the work crews. There were some fly by night tree crews running around trying to make some fast bucks and over charging some one needing work done. When I went to put the garbage out last night I could hear a chipper running. It was a first class crew clearing some damage on a place just down the street.

IFF  Those look like some high class tools. Good luck on the garage sale.

IW Have fun with all of the grand kids. Mine are both grown up and busy with their own lifes so  do not see them very much any more. Enjoy them when you can.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12831 on: Jul 03, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, 95 degrees here, hope everyone is staying cool and staying hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12832 on: Jul 04, 2018, 03:50 AM »
                     Good 4th of July ER's,
                              It's 68* and clear here on my hill with a high in the 90"s again, It's official we are in a Heat wave according to the guessers! ::)
                              Yesterday was a lot of fun with the grand kids, they were in the pool most of the time, it was a good thing we had it!

My grandson was out numbered 3 to one but all was good, at times he was left out, here is him feeling a little alone, he is showing signs of
                     being a plumber. He has his shorts at the right height. lol :roflmao:

Not much going on today all the kids seem to be doing something on their own, I think it's because they all have to work tomorrow.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday a Hump Day for sure.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12833 on: Jul 04, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
 Happy Independence Day!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

A little cooler here this am, 69* with clear skies, high of 88 expected here.

Jeff...great pictures, that one of your grandson is priceless...I've seen that pose before!!   :clap: :thumbsup:  That pool will see plenty of use and smiles....did you go in yet?   ;D
  Bud...hope you're feeling better today, good luck with the garage sale this weekend, X2 on Tom's reply!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...have a great time in Niagra Falls, what an awesome place, great choice!  :clap:
  Marv...hope you could match up the bearings yesterday. Any fishing trips on the planner?
  Steve...yes, we're on 5am starts now until further notice. It works out well for us especially with the recent weather we've been getting. We still take our coffee break at 9am, which sometimes seems to take forever to get to, but by then, half the day is already in.   :thumbsup:

The fireworks company showed up in force yesterday morning....truck after truck loaded to the roof. There was 2 local news crews there as well, doing interviews and getting stories of the behind the scenes work involved. They estimated about 50,000 people expected to be there now...I'll watch from an overlook about 10 minutes from here and 20 miles away....and zero traffic!    ;D
  Wishing you all a safe and Happy 4th of July however you spend it, safe travels to everyone on the road today!   :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12834 on: Jul 04, 2018, 05:29 AM »
Good morning a Happy 4TH of July to all. Got lucky yesterday evening thunderstorms in other parts of my county  but no rain in my town. The storms were slow moving with high winds and lighting . I have to watch local news to see if they caused any damage.
Ice Wanderer grand kids seem to enjoy your pool think you will see them often at your house this Summer . Any fireworks shows around Lake George tonight has to be a pretty sight seeing them over the water.
Whopper Stopper best of luck finding replacement wheel bearing that will work on SIL's tractor. Personally think companies make changes to equipment over time to get us to upgrade to newer product when we can no longer easily find replacement parts.
IFF may you have a good garage sale think you tools will sell fast. Any word yet on opening date for the store and work schedules.
Tom Turkey glad you got quick response from power company . Around middle of May my area had extended power outages after storm came through the area utility crews from all over helping to restore service. I had a group from Vermont working on lines by me. Always someone looking to benefit from others misfortunes .
Wallyworld Have a good trip to Niagra Falls  I have not been in the portion of NY. since the early 1970's .
Icefisher-45 have a good day with family and friends . Hope there is some improvement with your back condition.
Hunts2long any word from your nephew on fishing trip results.

A Happy and good 4TH of July however you spend the day .
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12835 on: Jul 04, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Happy Birthday, America!

Got down to 63 over night. Much better sleeping. Haven't heard how my nephew did fishing. I think he is working a double today at the jail.

Grilled chicken yesterday. Came out very good. It is just too hot for me to do much of anything outside and the long range forecast are saying med to upper 80's for the next two weeks. I guess it is Summer. I am just glad I'm not working with Eddie. I do remember lunch in the park as not being "too bad".

Hope WW has filled the saddle bags with some loot. Be Safe.

Have a great 4th....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12836 on: Jul 04, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Another hot and muggy day ahead. There is a huge 40 acre flea market a few miles away today. Last night the wife said she wanted to go but has not mentioned is so far this morning.  I do not think my body will take walking it any more. I am sitting here sweating already. Time to turn on the air conditioner. October can not come soon enough.

It was a quiet last night with only a few fireworks being shot off. I think that most of the locals and part timers shot all of theirs off on Saturday night during the fireworks that the assn. has. We had some jerk setting some off at almost 1 am Saturday night. One huge one went off in our front yard. All of the personal ones were illegal as they can only be shot off the day before, the day of and the day after a holiday.

Quiet day for us as no one is coming to visit. That is alright with me as I do not want to have to entertain a bunch in this heat.

Every one have a great 4th no matter what you are doing!!!!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12837 on: Jul 04, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Good morning everyone, Happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope everyone has a great day stays safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12838 on: Jul 04, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Looks like everybody has something going on today :thumbsup: Hot with storms on this part of the map. Mr Muggy came to town and you could shovel the air with a grain scoop. We took a run to the shack first thing to restock the bear pit.

For the longest time we had the sow and 3 cubs eating away. Then a young boar moved in looking for his share. Yesterday we had a second sow along with her 4 kids come to visit.

Monday night a boar on steroids came looking for a snack.....

All of a sudden we have at least 11 bears taking advantage of some free treats. We are still over 2 months away from the season and things are getting pretty good :clap:

Hope everyone has a fun evening with fireworks get togethers :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12839 on: Jul 05, 2018, 03:53 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 71* and clear here on my hill with a high in the 90's again, and the guessers say a possible thunderstorm later! ::)
                              Marv...........Great videos, but the boar didn't get anything to eat. ??? The others took it all, and those little ones are potential shooters
                     a couple years down the road! :flex:
                              Tom..........I hope you stayed cool and enjoyed the time without all the hustle and bustle of the 4th! :thumbsup:
                              H2L..........Good job on the chicken, when cooked right it's the best. The last two times I've made it I got kudos because it wasn't dry. :flex:
                              I-45.........How's the back feeling, and tell us about you new job! ???
                              Today is my last therapy session at the VA hospital in Albany, but I am suppose to keep doing my exercisers at home. :flex: My shoulder
                     still feels good after the shots the Dr. gave me. :thumbsup: I just want to see how long it last. ??? And my wife is going to do her thing for her son
                     a day early and when she comes back on Sunday she is bringing her mother with her, she will be here for a week! :unsure:
                               I hope everyone has a good Thursday and didn't over do it last night.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.