Author Topic: One last berry trip Tuesday  (Read 907 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
One last berry trip Tuesday
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:21 PM »
Looking to go one more time Tuesday before I hang up the ice gear for the year. It's the best looking day this coming week till Friday. Anyone else interested?  The plan will be to fish not far off shore by the marina if the slush is present. We can ride on land to the spot and walk out. Might need some good water proof boots just in case. We can meet at the marina lot at light and head out
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: One last berry trip Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2017, 03:50 PM »
I'm in; don't know about Big Earl yet.  Coffee and burrito at mouth of the canyon Maverick at 5 AM puts me at the parking lot about 7 AM.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2017, 05:02 PM »
I sure would hate to miss another Berry 101 from Matt!! I,m working in Heber Tuesday if all goes well i can get my guy going and then head up and get a little fishing in. Fingers crossed..  ;D

I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Sounds good HB just let me know. I should have phone service in both areas we're looking at fishing and can come grab you
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2017, 09:25 PM »
Ok looks like we're on track to be pulling out of roy at 5am. I'll have skunkedagain & phishinphool riding with me. We'll be in the marina lot by 7 if not a little before by the time we made up there last week.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2017, 08:49 PM »
What another great day at the berry, was a little chilly from what I had anticipated. Went from clouds to sun to clouds all day. When the sun was out it was spectacular. The wind came up as expected around 3 and was present until we left at 4. We caught somewhere around 30 fish with 3 coming in the 20in range but no slot busters. As usual pics will follow for the last 2 trips. I would say the ice is about done. There was still atleast 2ft but most the solid clear ice underneath was gone for the most part. All the cloudy refroze slush was pretty soft on the way out with slush pockets here and there. The edges are pretty iffy in areas but we got on and off without no probs. The spring areas around the old damn have open water now.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2017, 07:29 AM »
Yep, it's all over for me at the Berry as well.  Now I'll just be pacing the floor waiting on delivery of my new ThunderJet 185 Explorer.  It's going to be a very long 3 to 4 week wait.   :(
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Just got a text from icejunkieb that 2 sleds went thru the ice right at the old dam. Not god. I hope they made it out ok. The story didn't mention how the people were doing. Here's a link to the story on the US forest service Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1833641650236090&id=1477262249207367&__tn__=%2As
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Looked your new boat up on the internet Bob, looks like a very nice rig, 3 to 4 weeks out should put you into good fishing on the bay for the walleye & wipers. Four more working days my friend and counting.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.