Author Topic: Swedesboro area Ice FIshermen.... Is there anyone but me out there?  (Read 1762 times)

Offline cicnjshore

• IceShanty Rookie
I do not  want to go out by myself is there anyone in the Swedesboro Area wanting to go out locally tomorrow?

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
You are not alone. I reside in Delaware now,formerly from SEPA. In the past and this weekend I'll be visiting some of my favorite ice fishing spots in Salem and Gloucester Counties. Pan fishing through the ice in local SJ is happening. :tipup: ::) :tipup:
ttt

Offline KPLugnut

• IceShanty Rookie
Another south Jersey hardwater fanatic here, too! I'm down in Cape May, and it isn't often we get enough ice to use the few freshwater ponds here for ice fishing, but this is one of those years.  Enjoy, and stay safe guys!

Offline jtjr09

• IceShanty Rookie
I am in Galloway and would love to fish some south jersey ice.  I always drive up to Monmouth county and further north.  Planning on going tomorrow.  Where do you ice fish in south jersey.  I never have

Offline KPLugnut

• IceShanty Rookie
Ponderlodge lake at the old golf course in Villas, as well as Davie's Lake in Cape May Point area and some of the ponds near
the Parkway south of exit 4 have bluegill and other panfish. Those are the closest ones, then theres some hard water up along rt47 in the Dennisville area and up towards upper twp.
 As for really successful perch fishing, there really isn't anything close to my old stomping grounds up in upstate NY - Sodus Bay,
and the north end of Cayuga Lake but that's a 6-8 hour drive from here.

Offline cicnjshore

• IceShanty Rookie
KP I fish the NYS crappie derby every year they hold it since 1995!  By buddy live by Ihica and has a big trolling boat that we stayed on and trolled a weekend  in Oct on Cayuga but the south end.  When I go there we fish local ponds and lakes by him that have decent fishing!!  Love it up that way!

Offline KPLugnut

• IceShanty Rookie
Wow cool! Small world! I'm familiar with that derby but never fished it. I lived in and around Ithaca from '79 until 2012 when we moved to Cape May.
Before '79, I grew up in East Brunswick but have always spent summers here at the shore.
 Headed out tomorrow to a friend's private pond for bass and catfish thru the ice, but as long as this weather holds, maybe next week I'll try a trip
up your way someplace.

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been doing well on panfish of all types on small lakes of the Salem River and Old Mans Creek water ways system over in Salem and Gloucester Counties the past few days. Caught a fair amount of Bass too, some over 3lbs and lots of Pickerel. Rods and tipups have been working well. Using mealies, waxies, butter worms fatheads and medium shiners. Getting decent bites early and late. :tipup: :o :tipup:
ttt

Offline jtjr09

• IceShanty Rookie
Tentwiststhick, how thick is the ice down that way?  I am in South Jersey and would love to fish close to home. 

Offline cicnjshore

• IceShanty Rookie
If anyone is out this weekend Id be curious on how the ice heldup?  I had 6" average in back ponds of DOD last weekend and did ok.  If anyone want company to be safe let me know I have MOnday off!

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tentwiststhick, how thick is the ice down that way?  I am in South Jersey and would love to fish close to home.
The ice in the waters I've been fishing in Salem and Gloucester Co.'s is, as of today and has been for this month 8" to 10+" thick. I mainly fish the numerous small lakes associated with the Salem River and Oldmans Creek waterways. Or other approved lakes in those counties. I've never fished the DOD ponds hard or soft water. Heck, I'm not even from Jersey. By the end of this week it'll all be over down there anyhow. Sorry I didn't bump into you out there somewhere. Now I've gotta go fishing in Pa. :tipup: ??? ::) :tipup: 
ttt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.