Author Topic: Garmin Plus 4cv icefishing setup for using w/wet transducer  (Read 1230 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Posted this for those without a flasher but have a fishfinder with flasher.

I have used my Vexilar for the last 15+ yrs, this yr I bought a Garmin Plus 4cv and it has a flasher so gona try it on the ice.

Didn't want to carry it all loose so I found a bag at Walmart for $6. The bag has a compartment on top and the front if needed.

Here's some photos of how the unit +battery is packed in the bag it all fits. The ducer is hanging level so it should work. I'll used part of a pool noodle for a float and clothspin to adjust the ducer depth.

Edited: photos that show the setup I'll use. With the units base attached to the wood base I can't fit the finder inside so it sets on top the wood.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Garmin Plus 4cv icefishing setup for using w/wet transducer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:31 AM »
I have not tried it yet so I thought I would ask for any tips on the gain settings so I can get the best out of the flasher. During this summer I did drop my jig below the ducer and I never did see it on the flasher. I was in calm water setting under a bridge so the hook/sinker should of be right below the ducer.

So anyone who has used the summer ducer icefishing any tips will help. Got a Vexilar and always wanted a 2nd flasher for a 2nd pole so hoping it'll work.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Scupbaron

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Garmin Plus 4cv icefishing setup for using w/wet transducer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:02 AM »
i highly recommend getting ice ducer, then you know the thing is shooting straight down, save that ducer for open water, set scroll speed to ultra too. i have the 5" and 7" both perform fine ice and open water and ocean.  Buddy bought one cause liked mine so much and started out like you with regular transducer ...that lasted a couple outings and he bought ice ducer for ice duty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.