The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2018, 02:24 PM »
X2
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:22 PM »
 :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Not erie. Its Ontario tribs. Haven't made it to erie yet.

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Hey yall  i'll make it on sunday ...i'll bring chocolate pie...

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Tony  :thumbsup:  Glad to hear it .

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Tarps?????????

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 08, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Tarps?????????

I'm sure we all have proper clothing for the weather , but if we had bad windy conditions , I figured a tarp/wind breaker would be nice for food and stuff not to be blown off the picnic tables . It actually looks like it's going to be a fairly nice day .

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 08, 2018, 06:09 PM »
I'll be bringing kielbasa and kraut.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:00 PM »
I'll bring a 2 1/2 pot caraf of coffee and also 5lbs of sloppy joes , plates & cups and plastic utensils . I'll put the propane torpedo heater in the truck in case we need it , but it will need to plug in to the generator to use .

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2018, 09:32 PM »
generator???
didn't we have the power on last year.

I have tarps ill bring their definitely great to keep food out of the wind

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:00 PM »
I don't know about power . Parks Guy said he was bringing a generator , so I assumed no power . I have the 150,000 btu torpedo ready to go just in case . I also have 2 power strips I can bring for plenty of outlets . I'll bring the 3 extension cords I have also . Sounds like a party with plenty of food !
 :woot: :thumbsup:

Offline ticktoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Is was great meeting everyone today. I've been wanting to make it for years and finally did. Wish I could have stayed longer to shoot the breeze with everyone. It was a nice get together to put a face with names. Good luck to everyone out fishing the hard water and most of all be careful.

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Thanks everyone fer da food ...stories...pics... and jokes...awesome day...tight lines soon

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2018, 04:29 PM »
It was nice meeting everyone today. My wife understands a little better about the obsession after meeting you guys. She said it was nice to meet everyone as well. Hope to see you on the ice soon.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:39 PM »
It was a great time getting to know all the local ( characters  :bow: :cookoo: :roflmao: :clap: )  on Iceshanty at the Gathering today . Sure glad my work schedule worked out for a change . The bays have nice clear ice , but we need about 4 more inches to be safe .  Jagger0502 pointed out one of the underwater ( warm/spring ) spots over by McDaniel launch Bay area . It was a good day to spot these places since they were surrounded by thin ice .

Hey CajunTony , we found your chocolate chip cookies while cleaning up . I'll just say , they didn't go to waste . . . :whistle: :thumbsup: ! ! !

Parks Guy , thanks again for the invite and the use of your generator .

Slider . . . Ummmmm . . .  :bow: :roflmao: and that's all I have to say about that . Just kidding . It was great to meet the guy everyone busts on !

Jagger0502 , now I know the guy to listen to if you talk Lake Arthur ! Congratulations on finding a 1 in a million bride that likes to fish !  :clap: :icefish:

I know you guys probably won't believe me , but I got the torpedo heater home , fired it up and it worked perfectly ! Well . . .OK , after I found this little thermostat thingy on the rear bottom side it worked perfectly . :whistle: :woot:  :%$#!:

And now for the pictures I promised :
The Eskimo shelter is my setup , if you see me out , please stop in . Always warm , have coffee and food ! But , probably NO fish !  :icefish: :%$#!: :roflmao:

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:52 PM »
I GET NO RESPECT :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

great time had by all

Merry Christmas to all and to all thick ice :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Thanks (again) to Parks Guy for the co-ordination. Got to catch up with the usual suspects as well as meet some new folks. Good time today for sure.

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 10, 2018, 05:31 AM »
Another year at the gathering and it was good seeing some of the same faces But it was better meeting new ones!!! I just want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year and good health for sure!!!! I hope to see some of ya on ice and we do need to get a large get together on ice this year.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:53 AM »
I'm sure the older guys have already done this , but we should have all swapped Cell#s . That way we could just send out a mass text when we'll be on the ice and where . Of course we could always do that here by PM's . For us single guys it could also be a safety measure so someone knows where you'll be and when to expect you back .
And as Jarhead said , I hope you all have a great Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New year ! Hopefully we'll meet out on the ice SOON !

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 11, 2018, 11:26 AM »
4x4Dad, being right next to the lake, if you find a hot spot and feel unsafe about it you can give me a ring night or day and I will help reel them in!!

Once the ice is on I will likely be fishing most nights if I am not out of town for work. Might not always be on Arthur but if your looking for someone to help get you out there I can try to help. Just a fair warning, I do a lot of ice trolling and have trouble sitting still still at one hole.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Thanks Jagger ! I failed to mention , I'm a shift worker , so you can call me anytime night or day . My phone is turned off and charging when I'm sleeping . I'll PM my cell to you . I'll let you know when I'm on my way to set up and your more than welcome to come join me even if only just to warm up in between hole hoping . The only honest hot spot I ever hit was out your back door up the branch with the old submerged pond . Hopefully I'll run across something like that again when I have my daughter with me .

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Hey jagger n 4x4  im in sounds good jus need bout a day to see my schedule can work also 4x4 i sent ya a pm

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 11, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Got your PM Tony . Sent ya one back . Now all we need is ice . :icefish: :icefish:

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 30, 2018, 12:02 AM »
Well , I hope everyone had a wonderful & healthy Christmas . I've pretty much just been going over my older gear and buying some new lures to make sure we're ready to go when the cold temps give us safe ice . This warm weather is driving me crazy . Neighbor was out cutting grass 2 days after Christmas ! NO ! ! ! OK , I feel better now .  :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2018, 04:19 AM »
i need snow and frigid tems so i dont have to look at my leaves in da yard...we should be drillin holes in ice-fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.