The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What's your favorite Pa lure?  (Read 527 times)

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
What's your favorite Pa lure?
« on: Dec 29, 2018, 12:04 AM »
Was talking to a guy today who only uses 2 styles of lures and only 1 or 2 colors in each. Made me think what would be my favorite lure for fishing in Pa.

For gills, crappie, perch, I'd say probably the Jigs & Spins Cheeki 4mm in glow Uv either pink or yellow and orange.
2nd choice would be a clam maggot drop in firetiger

Offline Ice.rat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What's your favorite Pa lure?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2018, 07:37 AM »
 I LIKE THE 1/10 SWEDISH PIMPLE FOR PANFISH AND TROUT I START WITH WHITE AND GO FROM THERE. I USUALLY TIP THEM WITH MAGGOTS OR WAXIES IF I'M USING MINNOWS I SWITCH THE HOOKS FROM TREBLE TO THE SINGLE THAT COMES IN THE PACKAGE IT SEEMS TO WORK BETTER. NEXT WOULD BE THE ROCKER JIG IN WHITE WITH A RED DOT THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH COLOR THEY MAKE THEM IN A BUNCH OF COLORS. THIS YEAR I HOPE TO TRY SOME HORIZONAL JIGS A BUDDY MADE .   :icefish:

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2018, 09:41 AM »

Could be any one of these...I have 6 rods set up for quick change....
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2018, 11:36 AM »
 Depends on what I'm chasing.... Trout a small generic white bucktail/feather jig tipped with a mealworm. Sunnies any one of several dz generic tear drop jigs tipped with a waxie mostly in fire tiger, white, glow or red. Crappies/perch I like my old Rapala Pilinki jig(I think that was the name). Sort of shaped like a small minnow "tail end" tied going to the rod with a chain + dropper hook off the "head end" tipped with either a waxie or fathead, sadly discontinued now I believe.  I also like to have a small jigging Rap tied on in case a school moves in(both in silver/blue). Bass I'll sometimes jig a small 1/8th(?) Rat-L-trap sliver/blue or chrome but not in pickerel lakes  :%$#!:

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline steelhead65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2018, 11:46 AM »
VMC tungsten tubby glow jig tipped with maggots, catches every thing from bluegills too bass

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2018, 04:47 PM »
I simply love the RatFinkie glow for panfish and trout.
For bigger fish I like the Northland Forage
Minnow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.