Author Topic: North End of Blackstrap on Sunday!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
North End of Blackstrap on Sunday!
« on: Dec 18, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Well, I got out for the first time this year to Blackstrap, a little cold and windy by no problem, I tried the new portable out, the 4 man ice cube and it worked great, lots of room and sets up and takes down in seconds.  Only saw 4 jacks in 4 hours, a few nice ones and one monster!  The fish seemed real slow, only poking at the smelts and trying to get them in their mouth, but no aggressive action, didn't get one throught the hole.  Oh well, ice is 15 inches and water is reletively clear at 10 feet. Pretty quiet on the lake a few anlgers and some para-skiers!

Anyone else try the strap this week?  How did it go?

Offline number1fishman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North End of Blackstrap on Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 08:36 AM »
Also tried blackstrap on sunday. Went to the big bay at the northend. Same same seen three pike under the shack. Two small and one around 5 lbs. Had three hits on the tip-ups with two fish on but last both. One we had up to the hole and she looked BIG but after two or three runs she got off. Fish are slow.

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 08:37 AM »
We got the Shack out there on Sat. If you were at the northend you would have seen it, its the big blue one. We didn't do any fishing. Did you drive out? I did and the ice was snaping and cracking reeeaaal good :woot:

I'll be back on the 26th to do some fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Hi guys good to see everyone is getting out despite the poor fishing, oh well we know the old saying "a poor day of fishing is better than a good day at work". Truer words were never spoken. :D
I have talked to a number of anglers and they all report slow fishing all over Sask. right now, It mush have been the storms that rolled through.
I have not been out yet but will give it a go hopefully between Christmas and New Years.
Good luck when you guys get out. Remember to enter the 2006 icefishing tourney. ;D

WW

Offline Bubba1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2005, 07:59 AM »
Fished the north end of the Strap on the 24th. Got there around noon, me and my son pulled out three pike out all around the six lb mark. Will be heading out today to try my luck again. Ice thickness is about 14",well let's hope it still is.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.