The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who's Done For Season ??  (Read 1586 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Who's Done For Season ??
« on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Alright guys.....Who's thrown in the towel & stored the hardwater gear for the season ??

I have !! Can't complain though, it was a pretty decent season. Made it out 15 - 20 times & caught some nice fish. The new flasher impressed me & served me well. Tested out a couple new rods, a variety of tackle, & even a new ice scoop. Plan on purchasing one of the electric augers this fall, so I'm already looking forward to next season. It's now time for some spring ATV riding & it's almost time to pull the 5th-Wheel out of storage & get ready for camping season. Have a great summer everyone !!

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who's Done For Season ??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:34 AM »
I've been packed up since mid February. Had the boat out a handful of times already. As much as I love ice fishing, I just couldn't get open water out of my mind this season.

Offline Shakedown St.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Haven't stored my gear yet, but I'm done.  Lousy hard water season for me.....only made it out a handful of times.  Looking forward to open water!  Getting the motorhome out soon, and the boat as soon as I can launch it!!!

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2015, 02:05 PM »
This season ranks amongst the worst for me.  While I did well early by Early January I was gettting skunked nearly every trip to Clark Canyon.  I pulled my gear from a short hiatus to make one last run about a week ago but accepted a brutal defeat.  This weekend everything will be sorted and put away.  The flyrod will reclaim its position by the door (for fast exit from the house)

Plans for open water include procuring a boat so I can troll

Offline Flintlocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Had a great year, but am done here in Indiana.  Taking our annual trip to Minnesota next week and hope to have one last hoorah. Forecast looks promising, but a call up for ice conditions late in the week will be the deciding factor.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2015, 02:51 PM »
We're done here. I only made it out twice all winter! At least I got to take the new icehouse out once before it was all done. I'll be ready next season though. The ice on my usual haunt was crappy pretty much from start to finish, and the family had surgeries scheduled during winter too. I could have gone more if I had wanted to go by myself, but I just got a little burned out on that during hunting season chasing the moose. I think old age may be sneaking up on me, that stuff would have never made any difference before, I was always good to go whether I had company or not. Everyone have a good off season!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:46 PM »
We all get to come back strong next season:)

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:17 PM »
It's been a great year ice fishing, the kids clinic was better than I could have ask for, thank you Sponsors and help.
Caught a few big fish and turned a lot back.
Talk to everyone again next year.

Offline mtoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish for anything
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:18 PM »
I did just ice fish this last weekend and did well
but using waders to get on ice is a bit much
So the next day I got the boat out
till next season
P.S. the south end of Canyon Ferry is open

Formerly youngoutdoorsmans but wouldn't you know, I got older

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:23 PM »
It was a fun year for me, although I spent the majority of my free time pre-fishing for the Perch Assault. Next year...!
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline MTsGrumpyIceMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • JC
« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2015, 02:25 PM »
Probably done for the season here.  Fished Georgetown Lake on south west side Sunday, ice was getting iffy near shore and top was getting rotten.
:Ice fishing, because staying warm is for pansies.☃
:Ice fisherman can walk on water, beat that.😉
:Ice fishing, only the strong or the clinically insane survive.😜
:When Hell freezes over....I'll ice fish there too!🎣😈
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline chumley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2015, 02:52 PM »
I kept thinking I would make a trip to Georgetown, but Sunday I put Stabil in the fuel tank of my auger, ran it for 5 minutes, then put it away in the garage for the season.

Spawning rainbows are biting great on the Missouri, and I am loaded with spawn.  ;D

Offline NordicJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I've been done since the end of February. It was a very warm and windy early spring for us. On the bright side though, I've been fly fishing for a month already and have hooked into some decent fish.

Offline NordicJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:12 PM »
I also forgot to say Thanks to everyone for the advice and fish pictures / tales. I really enjoy following a lot of you in your travels.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:05 AM »
We're on spring break and I had a dream (won't call it a nightmare), that the ice was off Hebgen when we got home. I wasn't horrified just really disappointed. I hope to get one last go of it. I think the fact that I'm checking ice shanty from Vegas (and dreaming about frozen lakes)shows I'm not ready yet but I'm okay with it if I have to be. Thanks to all of you for making Montana the best forum on this site. Team Montana rocks, Team Hippie Fish is the bees knees and I can't wait for next season!

Offline griz901

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Dang - lost my bait!"
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Switching to summer gear  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.