The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who's got ice?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Who's got ice?
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:17 PM »
Just wondering who's got ice and how they're doing.

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who's got ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2005, 11:12 PM »
goin out tomarrow on local pond down here in MAD county for the first time if ice permits.  with the last week of cooler temps ice should be about 4-5" hopefully. It's been below zero for the last four nights and below 30 in the day so hopefully!!!

Offline playnpray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2005, 11:16 PM »
There is ice on Georgetown Lake.  I was up there for the first time today.  There was a solid 4-5" at the pumphouse.  On top of the 4-5" was another 3 " of simi-solid ice/slush/snow.  Others up there said they have been fishing the bays there for the last couple weeks.

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2005, 01:21 PM »
fished on about 4"inches on the pond and pulled up 25" 3lb rainbow and 21" 2lb brookie. not bad to start the season!!!!!!!!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:49 PM »
nice job  :tipup:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Droz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2005, 01:00 PM »
I'm headed up to lake frances today to check the ice status.  Hope to head up there tommorow morning to do some fishing.  I'll let everyone know how it looks.
Gotta Love Fishing in Montana!

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2005, 02:04 PM »
We have about 6-10" on Nelson.

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Hey Wyogator. I know its been a tad colder than usual so I was wondering if you heard about any ice on Peck yet. Is there anything forming in the bays or anywhere for that matter? I am hoping for the best ice year in a long time on Ft. Peck with this early and consistant colder weather. I am not going up there until Feb 8th but I like to start tracking the progress about now. Any help would be appreciated.

IceTroll
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline FishN4Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2005, 05:50 PM »

Wyogater,

Headed up to Nelson this weekend and was curious if you knew of any fishing reports, good or bad.

Hope it's good with the new moon.

Any info would be much appreciated.

THX!
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Hey fisN4Eyes. I don't know. I'm in Florida right now, and all I can think about is hooking a nice tarpon or snook on my flyrod. I fished Nelson last week and the ice was about 6-8 inches. I fished by Pelican Island and caught one lousy perch. It was real good about three weekends ago, when it warmed up in to the 40's. one guy limited out on walleyes at the point on craphouse Bay. Others caught several walleyes and perch around Pelican Island. With a new moon and warm weather, it could be pretty good. I don't know how the ice is with all of that warm weather up there. You might want to try the north side, east of craphouse bay.  Icetroll; I haven't heard a thing about  Peck yet. The ice seems to get sketchy in spots on Peck, so I usually wait until Jan or Feb to make sure it is safe. That's just me though; maybe I'm too cautious.

Offline FishN4Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Wyogater,

Must be rough down there with bikinis and bonefish!

Sounds like fun and good luck.

Thanks for the report from your previous trip, we'll give'er heck and see what we can find.

Thanks again!
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline perch poacher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Fished Lake Mary Ronan (off Flathead Lake in the Big Arm area) both days last weekend with about 9" of ice, 2" of snow, and a thin layer of water between them.  Fishing was good for perch and a couple of kokanee salmon thrown in.  Fished with a flasher lure and a #14 boatmans fly tipped with 2 maggots 9" below the flasher lure in 20' of water.

Offline Hardcore_Fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Upsata has 15 inches of ice covered in 6 inches of slush and 2 feet of snow.  Perch are biting like crazy but they are mostly small.  I used a yellow glow hook and maggots.  I don't think that they are very picky there however.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.