The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WHO HASN'T GIVEN UP THE HARDWATER YET??  (Read 4389 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
WHO HASN'T GIVEN UP THE HARDWATER YET??
« on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Not me yet!! About 3 - 4 inches of fresh snow & 12 degrees, when I got home from work this morning @ 5:30am. Gotta go get myself some quick shut eye, so I can get out on the ice later today. Take care all...............

Sent via iPad2

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: WHO HASN'T GIVEN UP THE HARDWATER YET??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:36 AM »

:thumbsup: :clap: HARDCORE!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline dmadsen406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2013, 11:38 AM »
I haven't, went to fort peck on Friday threw Sunday, caught 10 northers, the biggest was 13 lbs, caught five walleyes and my biggest was 27 inches, great weekend at peck, the weather was cold and miserable.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2013, 12:27 PM »

we're still MAKING ice here in MN; at least through Palm Sunday, maybe all the way up to Easter
 should be able to be ON the ice for another 3 weeks at least; good chance at being out there for a month yet even
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline PJB_Montana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Ice Baby
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Thinking about heading to Ft. Peck Friday through Monday. Still have some ice here though and the kokanee are biting
PJB

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:35 PM »
Went out yesterday.... Had a great time on Cliff Lake  @) 18-22 inches of ice. Going on spring break next week but still should have some ice time left.  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline frozenout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Plenty of ice at Hebgen  maybe 18 inches  Wa Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2013, 07:06 PM »
 ME!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:25 PM »
I will be using my Wilcraft well into next month, gonna mount the trolling motor on the front soon so when I have to cross open water to and from the ice, I will be able to!

Lots of ice fishing left for me!

Mike
www.aablefishing.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:36 PM »
I'll make at least one more trip out, more if there's time. I've already packed and unpacked the gear once, I don't know the meaning to the words "give up the hardwater". Once it goes past the point of needing waders I'm done though... :tipup:
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2013, 10:59 PM »
i haven't. went threw last week all is good.still chasing good ice or questionable ice i think i have a problam ;D ;D   i think i must have a case of "cantagetanoughaice"
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2013, 11:09 PM »
 I was still at it yesterday. Some lakes are still good.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2013, 11:33 PM »
i haven't. went threw last week all is good.still chasing good ice or questionable ice i think i have a problam ;D ;D   i think i must have a case of "cantagetanoughaice"
yee haw lol been getting grief over punching holes and not long rodding. Went to holter last weekend and sat out there wondering why I didnt go hiking on CF. some people just dont get it. PUNCH HOLES!!!

Offline Hydro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2013, 09:21 PM »
I'm still fishing the ice.  Going out for a day this weekend and at least one next week.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Black hills sd fished this morning 12 perch one rainbow
Getem caught

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2013, 07:57 AM »
My ice up here in the far corner of mt is still 4 feet thick, ill be on ice till may if the weather stays the same. Our hi temp in the last month is 15 degrees ,
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:22 AM »
My ice up here in the far corner of mt is still 4 feet thick, ill be on ice till may if the weather stays the same. Our hi temp in the last month is 15 degrees ,
Right on.................... awesome............... .....that's what i'm talking about!!!!!

Sent via iPad2

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:37 AM »

NE corner or NW corner ?
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2013, 05:12 PM »
I'll be trying to get on the ice again while I'm at work in NoDak for the prespawn pike bite.  Their is much worry about the cold weather bringing a late and fast thaw causing wide spread flooding again this year similar to what they had in 2011.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2013, 05:27 PM »
Jay That flood we had in 2011 was a 500 year flood that will never happen again in our life time if u got 2 see what it did 2 the musselshell and up by the Lewistown area it was amazing I'm a land surveyor n after the flood we did a lot I mean a lot of  surveying for new bridges n I talk 2 alot of land owners who said in There life time they have never seen a flood like that so don't think u hafta worrie about flooding like in 2011.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline rambo51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2013, 06:56 PM »
The snow hasn't even started melting and watch out when it does. If we get as much rain as we did in 2011 it will nearly be as bad as it was then.

~~~We Fish For The Fish That Eat The Fish You Fish For~~~
                    -MudbuM Boys

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 23, 2013, 08:01 PM »
The Souris and the Red river are both looking like they will be getting HAMMERED so Minot and the Fargo/Morehead areas are looking at major flooding damage from all of the snow fall that has taken place above the Canadian border.  There is currently over 3 feet of snow and 34" to 38" of ice on Devils Lake.  Trust me, there is a lot more snow and ice over in NoDak than there is here in Montana.  I hope for the best but plan for the worst.  I'm usually fishing open water for pre-spawn walleye and northerns by 4-15 but don't think that will be happening this year!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 23, 2013, 09:04 PM »
Well thanks for the heads up jay sounds like I need 2 go over 2 those neck of the woods while I'm over in westby surveying 8 1/2 miles of highway west of town n do some good old PR work. So do u think there's going 2 be ice still over thier in April?
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 23, 2013, 09:50 PM »
http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NDZ011&warncounty=NDC101&firewxzone=NDZ011&local_place1=&product1=Flood+Watch

Flood warnings already!!!  I think that if we don't get much rain I might be able to use my new ND fishing license for ice fishing before open water fishing this year!  I don't have to bring my boat to work yet!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline PJB_Montana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Ice Baby
« Reply #24 on: Mar 24, 2013, 03:46 PM »
had to lay down a ladder and some plywood w boards to get past the edge out onto one of my fav lakes for kokanee. Got to our spot with 6.5 inches of ice and slayed em. 20 kokes each in no time. Looks like this weeks weather will put an end to that =(
PJB

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2013, 04:25 PM »
had to lay down a ladder and some plywood w boards to get past the edge out onto one of my fav lakes for kokanee. Got to our spot with 6.5 inches of ice and slayed em. 20 kokes each in no time. Looks like this weeks weather will put an end to that =(
Hey PJB.................so unds like a great time!! Just out of curiousity, what size kokes do you catch up there?? Take care................

Sent via iPad2

Offline mjflink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Had a great day fishing yesterday at Delmo Lake, the ice is still over 2 feet thick between four of us we got 13 fish all over 16" using worms. Another guy pulled up a few hours later and fished with meal worms and maggots and he caught his limit within a few hours. Fishing is hot up there and the road in is not bad as long as you don't catch another vehicle going the opposite way.

Should be good ice for at least 2-3 more weeks.

Offline SidFishes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Limited out on Kokanee this morning on Beaver Lake - good 12 or 14 inches of ice still.  Its still on in NW MT!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Had a great day fishing yesterday at Delmo Lake, the ice is still over 2 feet thick between four of us we got 13 fish all over 16" using worms. Another guy pulled up a few hours later and fished with meal worms and maggots and he caught his limit within a few hours. Fishing is hot up there and the road in is not bad as long as you don't catch another vehicle going the opposite way.

Should be good ice for at least 2-3 more weeks.
Good to hear mj. I'll have to try to make it back up there before seasons end. Really enjoyed fishing Delmoe the few times I went up there. Take care...............

Sent via iPad2

Offline PJB_Montana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Ice Baby
« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2013, 10:35 PM »
Hey Spitzo...11-12 inches...but very fat. Almost awkwardly looking fat..haha..little footballs. It's been lights out fishing but this 50F temps might put an end to it....but I will probably just float tube out to some ice and fish on it anyways! muahahaha ;)
PJB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.