The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Black Sheep, ice fishing gear in stock review  (Read 540 times)

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
Black Sheep, ice fishing gear in stock review
« on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:27 PM »
I promised on another thread that when I next went through Coeur d'Alene I would stop at Black Sheep and see if their ice fishing selection was any better than Cabela's which had nearly nothing.

I passed through today on the way to a client site in Washington.

Long story short Black Sheep has less than Cabela's, some swedish pimples, some jigging raps, some Hali Sukkulas and a few other odds and ends on one side of one aisle of their fishing racks. They had some ice rods and reels too and some slush dippers, some rod holders and that was really about all there was. Everything else is still summer fishing gear like what Cabelas has. Black Sheep has better prices on a lot of the summer fishing stuff though than Cabelas does. Really disappointing ice fishing selection in the end.

I looked through their spoons and saw no PK lures in two passes over their wall of spoons. Maybe I missed them but I sure didn't find them in the time I had so I am thinking they don't stock them.

I needed some swivels and some small trebles so I picked those up but other than that they had nothing ice fishing wise I was looking for.

So it looks like from Helena and Great Falls all the way west to past Spokane the only place that has any amount of ice fishing gear is Snappy's in Kalispell unless you guys have found some place to get ice fishing gear on a thread I haven't read yet.

I need new dropper chains for my Halis and for my Swedish Pimples and I'm not driving two and a half hours to Kalispell next time I am home to see if Snappys has them so it looks like the internet is going to get my business yet again for ice fishing stuff.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Black Sheep, ice fishing gear in stock review
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Your right, Snappys is the only thing around western MT with any decent ice gear. Have you looked at any craft shops for dropper chains?

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Have you looked at any craft shops for dropper chains?

No, but that is a really good idea. The GF is always going in to those, I can score points by offering to go with her next time :)

Offline cant stop jigging

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:45 AM »
Black Sheep does suck,  I drove up there on Thursday last week to find (look for) some PKs and custom jig and spins.
         HAHAHA   came home with a few new pimples and that was it. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.