The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: who believes in the lunar calander?  (Read 907 times)

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
who believes in the lunar calander?
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I noticed alot of people had good success last weekend, which also happened to be predicted as one of the best days of the year being the day after the biggest full moon of the year.  Any one else have stellar fishign this weekend?  I have noticed a little pattern for me this year, and am just curious how much of it is mental and how much of it is science.  Supposed to be not so hot this weekend, but I will be out anyway, not that some prediction will stop me from fishing.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: who believes in the lunar calander?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I've had some killer days when the calender predicts it but i've also had some when the calender didn't show it so i'm still up in the air about it. I would have to say the baramoter has more to do with it
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline slyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:06 PM »
I agree that the barometer probably plays a bigger roll than the lunar cycle.   

Offline Rghnrdy_mt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I have kept track for years of how accurate the solunar tables are, and I'm a firm believer, to the point of planning my fishing trips according to them. That being said, the weather can also shoot the heck out of what should be a good fishing day.

Offline allan.brainard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:28 PM »
 I believe there is some validity to the lunar effects to fishing, but local conditions like the barometric pressure, amounts of sunshine etc. have a greater effect......A good day fishing is different than a good day catching, but both are better than working.

Offline chumley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:54 PM »
I agree with the other posters.....I know Wapiti Bob is a big believer in the solunar tables, but he is kind of a chucklehead. ;D

Barometric pressure is definitely the biggest....I know when one of those cold fronts is blasting down from Canada, you might as well just forget about ice fishing for the next day or two.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I wouldn't forget about it it just makes it more interesting ;D
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.