New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: The King  (Read 16587 times)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: The King
« Reply #150 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Ok folks, there were 4 lake George threads right next to eachother. I just combined them all. Please use threads that are already started on a lake or topic instead of starting a new one. Thank you!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #151 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Ok folks, there were 4 lake George threads right next to eachother. I just combined them all. Please use threads that are already started on a lake or topic instead of starting a new one. Thank you!
I was getting confused ???

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:45 PM »
 :wacko: da what way did they go george???

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Thanks Roy!  No matter how hard I tried...I couldn't find those other three Lake Georges on any map.  Come on folks...the "search" function works great!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #154 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Did anyone venture out today? I was but deceided to stay dry, I bet it was a good day of fishing.

Offline ak47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #155 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Too much water on top?

Offline ak47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Thanks for a heads up! I`m not going this weekend but my buddies might go in a week. Be safe out there.

Offline parentlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: the king
« Reply #157 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Anyone out today,hows the ice?

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re:the king
« Reply #158 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Anyone out today,hows the ice?
1st of all welcome to the site, it's full of info, a little ribbing, & pic of some good days on the ice. Now for the answer to your post, you should have read 2 post before yours, the ice is fine it was wet.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:40 PM »
It's scary when we are posting mid March conditions hole widening etc in January. Above all stay safe we don't need any bad press!

Offline IsomBay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:54 AM »
Headed to the lower east side, Queen Eliz. Island area. Is there any fishable ice in the bays?

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #161 on: Jan 28, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Are we gaining any ice in Harris Bay??  I need more than 3 inches. Is there more than that???
Thanks for the info.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #162 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Are we gaining any ice in Harris Bay??  I need more than 3 inches. Is there more than that???
Thanks for the info.
I'll tell you it's a little hairy out there, this morning there was 1/4" of ice then 0" to 2" of water then 3" to 5" of ice. When I came off the ice the water layer got a little deeper. A lot of wet feet out there today but not me in my new Predator Extremes from Cabela's. :)

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #163 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:16 PM »
maybe next weekend for me if we gain more ice.  Good luck wander and be careful out there does'nt sound safe enough.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #164 on: Jan 28, 2012, 06:22 PM »
maybe next weekend for me if we gain more ice.  Good luck wanderer and be careful out there does'nt sound safe enough.
Looking @ the temps maybe Monday lows supposed to be in the teens might tighten it all up?

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #165 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Headed to the lower east side, Queen Eliz. Island area. Is there any fishable ice in the bays?
I don't know Queen Elizabeth, I do know Elizabeth Island, north of Kattskill Bay, Warner bay has ice but as of yesterday on the main lake nothing north of Paulist fathers has ice. Harris bay has ice I was out yesterday, a little spongy Huddle bay that I fished back on 16th broke up & was real sketchy, it might have tightened up but w/today's wind it might break up again.

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #166 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Listen king, I mean queen,  I'm sick of staring at you everyday as head to work open water and all.... you aggravate me!  You cant freeze?  I drive to raquette to blue, to indian to schroon!!!!I looked at my digital camera today and saw pics from 1/17/11 and i was on the ice last year, this year  you have  none!  I took personal days this year assuming by feb 6th you would have Ice! You suck!  If you keep disappointing me like this I think I will just start calling you the New York Jets!  So Im calling you out....  Get cold,  blow no wind,, and freeze! 

Sincerely,

Disappointed in Bolton Landing

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #167 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Listen king, I mean queen,  I'm sick of staring at you everyday as head to work open water and all.... you aggravate me!  You cant freeze?  I drive to raquette to blue, to indian to schroon!!!!I looked at my digital camera today and saw pics from 1/17/11 and i was on the ice last year, this year  you have  none!  I took personal days this year assuming by feb 6th you would have Ice! You suck!  If you keep disappointing me like this I think I will just start calling you the New York Jets!  So Im calling you out....  Get cold,  blow no wind,, and freeze! 

Sincerely,

Disappointed in Bolton Landing
well said sameol its really suckin this year

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #168 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:39 PM »

I feel your pain, but you can't blame the lake, it's the weather patterns that cause it not to freeze. We just don't have that cold Canadian air coming down to us. I know, it's a terrorist plot, they are trying to keep us from being happy, & if we're not happy they're getting to us. ::)

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I figured it was obamas fault.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #170 on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:22 PM »
As a Jets fan and a LG fisher I can certainly sympathize. I think it's brady's fault >:D.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #171 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:42 PM »

So, how much of what was frozen was hurt by the wind today?  ???

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #172 on: Jan 30, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Just got back.  Every thing was nice and tight.  Pretty steady bite all day long.  Managed 35 Keeper Perch, but had to leave at 2 for work.  Def. would have been a good evening, had it not been for work.  BTW, you can make it from MDB to Albany in 1 Hr.  but I don't recommend it  ;D ;D.  PM sent Wanderer

Offline fishon!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #173 on: Jan 30, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Did anyone head out on harris today can you walk to the island?  :tipup:

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Feb 01, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Looking to fish tomorrow where I fished Monday on LG.  Curious to hear how it was after the last two days of warm weather.  All pm's are greatly appreciated.  Any one fishing there tomorrow??

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #175 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:33 PM »
any ice on lg took a wicked hit today, pm sent

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #176 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:31 PM »
if anyone was on or stopped by harris today it would be great to hear from you
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #177 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Thanks fellas.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #178 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:13 AM »

I agree w/you bird, it was pretty hairy coming off the ice & it didn't get cold enough last night to do any good. It was only 32* here & I'm a lot higher here so it might be quite a bit warmer around Lake George.

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #179 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:47 AM »
         I agree w/you bird, it was pretty hairy coming off the ice & it didn't get cold enough last night to do any good. It was only 32* here & I'm a lot higher here so it might be quite a bit warmer around Lake George.

yup. looks like sking instead of fishing
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.