New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096194 times)

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
I wanna try sebago or Welch tomorrow never tried any of the Harriman lakes. What's a good lake right now?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Nice catch! White perch make me  :sick: Catch all you want and keep em all they're invasive.....  I'll take the yellows all day tho!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline AmIceMan

• IceShanty Rookie
How much ice are on the lakes in sullivan i haven't been out in weeks and I'm planning to go to lake huntington this weekend

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
How much ice are on the lakes in sullivan i haven't been out in weeks and I'm planning to go to lake huntington this weekend

Two foot of hard pack and ice to drill through ..
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i have seen anywhere from 15"-18" of ice then whats on top.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i am going to try to get on swinging bridge in the morning. hope this cold firms up the surface, but then again i have the snowshoes and smitty to allow me to get around if its not good...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i am going to try to get on swinging bridge in the morning. hope this cold firms up the surface, but then again i have the snowshoes and smitty to allow me to get around if its not good...

let me know how much junk there is on top!

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been to chodikee lake lately wondering if the road and parking area has been plowed to get in there?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
i was there 2 weekend ago the guy showed up at noon to plow as i was leaving

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
You think I'm bad, check this out:
top ten posters
Mainehazmt 9,777
billditrite 9,556
Rebelss 9,048
 rgfixit 8,967
adkRoy 8,296
 maineduckhunter 7,655
 Raquettedacker 7,621
ice dawg 6,291
filetandrelease 6,138
Skipper 5,976

:bow: :bow: :bow: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well had a LONG day on swinging bridge. i was supprised the ice wasnt that bad for most of the day. there are some good sled tracks to walk on and early the crust on the snow was holding my 180lbs and gear just fine. come the afternoon i did put on the snowshoes but i was going on virgin snow. in some spots the water didnt come up out the hole at all but in most it was coming up a few inches and in a few it came up 7-8 inches!   there were a few people out today, both jiggers and tip-up fishermen and nobody was catching much. there were a lot of dink (3-6") perch coming to look but for me only about 9 or 10 actually ate. i did get 3 crappie, kept 2 about 11 inches. i did catch a new species today tho. i got a about 20" carp on my spoon! i will try to post pics tomorrow.

Offline fishingfamily0509

• IceShanty Rookie
  • proud parents... jig em up girls
Had a good afternoon out fishing with my husband and boss j ... Thanks boss learned alot hope to do it again soon!!! Hit this nice man up for some of his spoons they work great ;)

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished a private lake near Highland lake today and landed 8 pickerel before the wind kicked up and blue sky disappeared. We fed the eagles 3 times and ice thickness was about 24 inches.   ;D ;D  Eagles like pickerel. Lou 

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
by feeding eagles did you mean you threw the fish on the ice because thats wantenwaste its iligal

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
by feeding eagles did you mean you threw the fish on the ice because thats wantenwaste its iligal

I bet he held it in his hand and the eagles took it out of his hand!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll be fishing Greenwood in the morning seeing if I can get another Muskie

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hit Lake Welch this morning for a few hours.  Kept 3 jumbo yellows and 2 crappies  and released many dinks.  Saw a guy jig up a 19" catfish, that was pretty cool.

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
I hit Lake Welch this morning for a few hours.  Kept 3 jumbo yellows and 2 crappies  and released many dinks.  Saw a guy jig up a 19" catfish, that was pretty cool.

Kool. My father & I are gonna head up to Welch today. I hope they don't have LOCKJAW!!!!!   ;)

Good Luck guys.
BloodGroove4570
There's never a dull moment

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
heres a few pics from the last couple of days.

my 1st carp through the ice, and on my spoon!

been getting a few slob perch too

and some people think im crazy for ONLY fishing with my spoons. LOL

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Considering swinging bridge tomorrow. ...would love some advice on the walleye and some perch there...plan on taking a young man there that has never ice fished before ...great kid that I am mentoring

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished Swinging Bridge yesterday from noon to 8 pm. Got a couple perch in the early afternoon then it died until dark when the crappies moved in. Talked to a few other fishermen who also said it was slow. Walking was tough in places with snow and slush.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Boss, That perch looked like she was ready to explode! 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would suggest mentoring the young man on a smaller body of water thats possibly over populated with stunted pan fish and have some fast action. Less wind on a little hole in the wall pond also. A young first timer needs to get bit a whole lot with any size fish tugging and have nice experience. You could take someones advise her and set up and wait till dark for A walleye that doesnt happen and he'll think your nuts.  So, I would consider a lake you know and have experience with so you can be a confident mentor. You must know a place you think sucks because all you get are bait robbing dinks! There you go.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
as for swinging bridge a good friend went there today and only caught 1 crappie and has 2 other hits all day. that place can be and has been like the dead sea. i was there 2 days last week and both days there was very little action, not just for me but everyone there said very little action...   NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BRING A KID!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
yeah kb they are on a prespawn bite right now. i also had a few that had already dumped their eggs.

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Kool. My father & I are gonna head up to Welch today. I hope they don't have LOCKJAW!!!!!   ;)

Good Luck guys.
BloodGroove4570

How'd you make out on Welch?

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Might try Welch on wensday after a few hours of work

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
How'd you make out on Welch?

LOUSY!!!! 2 dink perch, 1 pumpkinseed and a 2# smallie.... Nice day nonetheless. It won't surprise me if they close everything by the weekend. As soon as those nits see some water on top, RED FLAGS!!!!!

Tight lines to All.

BloodGroove4570
There's never a dull moment

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.