New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096319 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
On my local lake was able to find 4-5 inches of black ice 200 yards from shore in 6-8 feet of water yesterday ....prior to the thaw was 6 or so inches in the same areas ...planning on getting out Friday afternoon.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
Same here. Hoping for Saturday morning. After next weeks cold snap we should have a lot more options.

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Is there fishable ice anywhere in Sullivan?  Want to get out this weekend but don't want to drive an hour+ for nothing
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is there fishable ice anywhere in Sullivan?  Want to get out this weekend but don't want to drive an hour+ for nothing
My guess is it will take several freezing nights.. I wonder too how Glenmere fared after that warm runoff ???

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I can see what glenmere is like tomorrow and report back but on other news... Nice sale today only, @ Kittery Trading Post, 20% off and over $75 free shipping. As long as you go over $75 before the promo code you qualify for the free shipping. The promo code brought my order down to 68 and it was still free shipping

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys looking to fish superior this weekend any info on ice conditions would help thanks

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Chodikee has 4"

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Glenmere had open water in a few spots yesterday. Weekend warm temps, breezy and some heavy rain predicted for Sunday. Not ice making conditions for sure. It will be quite some time before the lakes around here are safe enough for me...

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Any lakes in Sullivan county that has 5 or more inches of ice ? If not how far. Upstate do I have to travel to find some?!

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Below freezing at night, so anything that melts during the day will just refreeze. Any water left on the ice after sunday will just add a few extra layers onto the ice.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spoke to a friend of mine who lives up in Sullivan county & he said he wants to wait until next weekend just to be safe.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here's your report for Glenmere lake.... Took a ride up there at 2:24pm gate was open and noticed that from the gate to the left all the way to the dam is frozen... made a right and went through the gate and as I drove down the road kept looking and it is frozen all the way straight across the lake and all the way length wise.... to sum up my report the whole lake is frozen.... might be some open water in the middle of the lake 20 yards left of the park but didn't have my binocs and couldn't they if it was ripples or sun glare... I did not walk down and check thickness so I have no clue if it is safe but it was 90%clear black ice and just along the shorelines was the white junk ice and a couple spots here and there. Anyway we'll see how she holds up after Sunday

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I checked out a lake today!!!! Four to 5 inches of black ice and 2 inches of white ice! It was in Sullivan county. I hope it holds good after Sunday's warm up!! Might go out Tuesday!

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
In what area? I just drilled some holes on a 50 acre lake near bethel and I was only able to find 5 inches(3 inches black and 2 white).

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fallsburgh ;)

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Does anyone know of any safe ice in Sullivan?  Was thinking huntington on monday but don't want to drive an hour and twenty min for nothing
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
I don't know about Huntington but I was on a few other lakes near liberty today and there was at least 6 inches of black ice plus a little white ice. There were plenty of 4 wheelers and snowmobiles parked out on the ice too. Just be careful about how you get on the ice Bc it's thinner by shore in some spots other spots are solid. The perch bite was pretty good.

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
I don't know about Huntington but I was on a few other lakes near liberty today and there was at least 6 inches of black ice plus a little white ice. There were plenty of 4 wheelers and snowmobiles parked out on the ice too. Just be careful about how you get on the ice Bc it's thinner by shore in some spots other spots are solid. The perch bite was pretty good.
[/quote
Thanks fishguts I would hate to drive up for nothing but thats good news
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
yesterday i was told by my fishing partner that there is still open water on huntington in the middle.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
yesterday i was told by my fishing partner that there is still open water on huntington in the middle.

So do you know of any lakes that are safe? Not looking for secrete spots just public lakes
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like after this rain we get a quick cold snap then they are calling for a stormy patters as of now calling for snow on the 2nd and 6th..... I just want one week of cold temps 20's and lower and no snow is that too much to ask for?

Offline FishGuts

• IceShanty Rookie
I would bet that superior and Morningside have safe ice. But I have not seen for myself.
 Nobody missed out today. My brother and I fished about 30 holes today on a private lake from 9:30 to 12:30. Nasty freezing rain the whole time. All for a few dink perch.

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished some small water in Sullivan County with 3 - 5 inches. Fishing wasn't bad & caught some nice slabs. Good luck to all & be safe with the inconsistent weather and ice thickness.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished a small pond in Ulster Co. today from 9:40 till 11:40 until the rain began in earnest. Between 3-5 inches clear black ice. Caught a sink 12" chain pickerel and a FAT 18" largemouth bass. Hoping to get back out on Tuesday for an all nighter till the ball drops!

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
This week's forecast should have us on some decent ice real soon.. ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
latest weather report from the GFS model says 8-12" of snow on thursday and friday the Euro model says 12-18".... so much for good ice

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
The weather channel just said a chance of flurries. I like them better.

DWhen they say something worse, I'll just find another station that says what I want to hear!  Lol
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Snow will not be good but at least the temps will be freezing for a while..

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The weather channel just said a chance of flurries. I like them better.

My report is from the weather channel lol

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Mine is from the app
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com