New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096187 times)

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
authorized service center according to Jiffys web site     PORT JERVIS JOHN's MOWER SHOP INC 30 RTE 42 & 97 845.856.7120           
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
skim ice on the ponds this morning!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I can't wait to get on the ice. I've been using my jigging pole off my kayak all year, come ice season it's a throw-down!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Everybody.....check out today's thread  "SOUTHEAST N Y GET-TOGETHER"    We need your input.....and your attendance !!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
well heres some good news. i got a oil delivery today and was talking with the driver and he told me that he was just up in Yankee lake and it is completely skimmed over! all white snow shore to shore!!! now this weather will warm but that will just get rid of the snow and make it clear again to make better ice. a few weeks and us tenderfoots will be walking on water it seems....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ooooooooh!

Offline numinous

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the going gets tough the tough go fishing!
Drove by a small pond in Westchester yesterday and it had ice thick enough for geese to stand on. Gone today of course. 60 degrees and heavy rain.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Please, please, please ice fishing Gods get us on the ice before Christmas this year!!! ::)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello,  ;D soon I can get reports.. this is my first post!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hello,  ;D soon I can get reports.. this is my first post!

I hope that's not all your here for and have something to contribute to the site....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hello all!!! Glad to be back on this wonderful site. I'm not sure how much fishin I will be able to do this year due to my new career(can't complain hoping to purchase my first house from this lol) hope everyone has a great season and look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing stories. Hope to see some of you out there ! :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bumping this to the top so you guys will see the "So. NY Get-Together and vote for your lake choice.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
all the ponds iced over by me …ice will be getting thicker on some of the lakes if it stays cold… :)
images.jpeg

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Accuweather's month long forcast (Rockhill)  has week of warm..... 40's followed by a week of 30's for the highs for a month ...lows are in the ice making range ... them lakes have cooled down plenty.... my local lake was locked up two days ago ....very good sign. I'm sure futher up is even better .

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Heading up to Sullivan Cty. again this week to see if we can collect some venison.  When we left last week there was skim ice over our entire local pond.  Hoping it didn't disappear ..........

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
RODGER the next 7 days are not good weather!!!! heat, rain a few days then snow! will drop back below freezing in 7 days... and the rain will not be a comfortable hunt. just so you know what your facing....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Ya don't go ya don't know.... could be the best week to hunt.... you won't know if you don't go. I always hunt the bad weather days (less hunting pressure, if the leaves are wet a lot quieter walking in) along with the good weather days. Never know when that big buck is going to move. They didn't get big by being stupid

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
that's right!!!!! but the age on the bodies has alot to play in why i made the comment. very good movement possibilities.... but the weather can hurt to be in for some too....

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Those are same nice blaks, this yeas lots of big buks were takin is Sullivan county.
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
RODGER the next 7 days are not good weather!!!! heat, rain a few days then snow! will drop back below freezing in 7 days... and the rain will not be a comfortable hunt. just so you know what your facing....

Yeah John...... I checked the long range forecast too.  Plan on wearing my rain suit into the woods.... can always take it off if it's nice out.  Frogg Togs makes some nice lightweight rain gear that breathes, so I won't get sweated up while walking in.  If we get lucky, I'll save you a couple of steaks!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
MORA REPLACEMENT BLADES 19.99 FOR 6 INCH    rapala.com      free shipping on orders over $25.00 and on sale!!!! hurry while it lasts guys...

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
So that lakes are you guy's looking to ice fish this year? Here are some I will be at.
Lake Huntington
White Lake
Lake Superior
Black Lake next to Lake Superior
Highland Lake for the contest & before the contest
Maybe Toronto reservoir
Maybe Mohican Lake private working on access there now !!!!
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
is there any access to black lake? or is it private?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
is there any access to black lake? or is it private?

Shawn;  Every time we go to Lk. Superior, we gaze over at Black Lake and wonder how to get to it.  We've been told it's off limits because it's all private.  Do you know of any access point???
Let's try to hook up a few times thisw year.

Rodger & Jophn

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
the access to black lake is very touchy. it is through the woods BUT all the way to the swamp end of black lake then you would need to walk up to it from there. however there is at least 1 of the home owners on black lake that disagrees with those lines giving access and might shoot at people on the ice! this was told to me by the DEC...

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Ouch!!!Better stay off black lake then! Anybody been on the ice yet in the sullivan county area? There's around 3" up by hunter in greene county, so in a few weeks there should be around 3" down here if we're lucky. Hope this warm spell doesn't totally ruin the progress we've had so far. It's supposed to get cold quick after the end of the week.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
When I was a kid and lived down that way my dad use to take us fishing at BL..   There was a care taker of this place who use to rent rowboats.  Only two boats a day...  My dad has an 8 1/4 lb bass that he had mounted from there somewhere in the attic...   And that same summer I remember my Grandpa catching one that was WAYYYY bigger than his...   But Gramps ate it...   :o
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.