New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096428 times)

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Holy Carp! That's a Bassload of gear. Nice job Dewey.
👮👮👮

onice2013

great northern photo Dewey! you obviously had a great time with a  good bunch too. Lord willing, I'll be up there next season  ;D  Cheers!

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
Congratulations Dewey, that's some sled load of toys. Good for you. I was down your way (today) at Joe's Small Engine. Was passing through and stopped to say high. I know Joe from my years in the same business as his. All history now.
I fish because I have to......in order to keep my sanity!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
nice pics Dewey! looks like your haul will get alot more people interested in going next year!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone interested in fishing the Delaware tomorrow shoot me a PM.  I was going to go today but the water was high, fast, and muddy.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  It's supposed to be cold and possible snow showers.  I have bait/boat/truck and am looking to go from Callicoon to Cochecton if anyone is interested.  Hopefully leaving around lunchtime or a little before.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
(Image removed from quote.)       28 1/2 in   5 1/4 lb.   pike    not a monster but enough for 2nd place in pro/am division

Ha ha. I love the snot dripping off the fish. Nice one and congrats again
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
   not a big one but enough to take 2nd place in the pro-am division...  I will take it ... great prizes...& 100.00 cash nice weekend...
images.jpeg

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone interested in fishing the Delaware tomorrow shoot me a PM.  I was going to go today but the water was high, fast, and muddy.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  It's supposed to be cold and possible snow showers.  I have bait/boat/truck and am looking to go from Callicoon to Cochecton if anyone is interested.  Hopefully leaving around lunchtime or a little before.
Disregard, slot has been filled
Mark it 8 dude

Offline stelth

• IceShanty Rookie
nice  trip dewey,,congrates,,,

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
(Image removed from quote.)

left to rt.  danno my partner  (jakep138 & toxicfisherman) team brotherdads & my self 
team brothersdads stayed at the same motel as us . they fish onidea lake most of the time.

Hey...I know those guys.....Toxicfisher at least....

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
Wow Dewey what a prize man!!! Had a blast with u:) jakep138 better step it up next year... Lol jk he's the best and truth be told the attack dog of the team:)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I packed up the frabill trecker today & put away till next ice season ... :( still have a lot of gear to pack up & put away ... :( it was a great season I went to maine , sodus bay & tupper lake on icefishing trips ... and all the good spots around the area here in southern N.Y... I met a lot of nice people & fisherman ...I have enjoyed my winter off ...
images.jpeg

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Dewey........Spring/Summer is coming.............. let's hit some of those same lakes together this season.  I expect to be spending some time in Sullivan County this Summer.  Stay in Touch on Fishfinder,com

IceBalls

P.S............. If there's ice to walk on, I'll be up there this coming week for several days...... got any plans???

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I will try iceballs , the ice is gone now ... I have to call the hall & go back to work now... I had a nice winter off... good luck to all the guys going fishing the open water... I will check out the myfishfinder.com I used to go on the site a few years back (deweyopenwater) something like that , I think thats what I went by ?
images.jpeg

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey topher, dont you enjoy this solitude season when everybody is packed up and were on 12" solid  and a good bite.  aahhh, spring.  never had a st. patricks not on the ice with our green hats and guinness.  cheers !

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Man its quite on here tonight!

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Stelth want to go to Swinging Bridge tomorrow to catch some WALLEYE ?  ;D

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Iceballs how about holding the get together next year at Swinging Bridge sometime in late Febryary to catch some of those WALLEYE that are in there ? ;D ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
hey topher, dont you enjoy this solitude season when everybody is packed up and were on 12" solid  and a good bite.  aahhh, spring.  never had a st. patricks not on the ice with our green hats and guinness.  cheers !

lol, try 15"...but I am also in the mountains in PA   .....

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks topher i'll give that a try.  ;)

Offline HSBigDaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Just wanted to welcome Ice Balls son Mark to the Ice Shanty family. Also thank you for posting some photos from the outing at Lake Huntington.
Steve
Thank you Mr. Clean.  You are welcome.  And congrats to Dewey.  Very Nice!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
To all members still going out stay safe and good fishing. Wetdreams Swingbridge is a possible location for a gathering. The down side is because of its size and use for hydroelectric production the resevior takes a while to freeze over and produce ice thick enough to support a large group of people. I believe this is one reason why the annual King of THe Ice contest was relocated to White Lake.
Steve

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
To all members still going out stay safe and good fishing. Wetdreams Swingbridge is a possible location for a gathering. The down side is because of its size and use for hydroelectric production the resevior takes a while to freeze over and produce ice thick enough to support a large group of people. I believe this is one reason why the annual King of THe Ice contest was relocated to White Lake.
Steve

I also heard from several people that they keep lowering the water level there without warning, leaving a space between the ice above and the water,  If you go through into that space.....you're DONE !!!   
I don't know if it will be me arranging a get-together next year, or someone else, but whoever it is, Swinging Bridge is worthwhile keeping in mind (with an eye towards extreme caution).

IceBalls

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I also heard from several people that they keep lowering the water level there without warning, leaving a space between the ice above and the water,  If you go through into that space.....you're DONE !!!   
I don't know if it will be me arranging a get-together next year, or someone else, but whoever it is, Swinging Bridge is worthwhile keeping in mind (with an eye towards extreme caution).

IceBalls
   I forgot about that and you are correct IceBalls. This is why you are not allowed to ice fish on the N.Y.C. reservoirs in the Catskills and futher upstate.
Steve

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
This may be the sun setting on my2013 ice fishing season  .   I hope not... like to get out one more time ,was out yesterday on my local lake in Sullivan county had 8-10 inches of ice still . Sunfish galore some small bass and 10 in perch . But if truly the end of the season ...it was a great one
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm jealous. My stuff is all packed up and put away

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Have to agree with jignut.. Sullivan county has some great ice still .I would say this has been an average year up here fishing from the first week in January until March 15th is pretty normal . But we don't get 18 to 24 inches that we use to in the mid to late 90s. Different world up here compared to Bloomingburg and parts south
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Had a low of 6 this morning. Its 10 now.  And a nice winter forecast for the next week.  Good Stuff.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How far into Sullivan do you still have ice?  We have none here.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Just outside of Wurtsboro . I wouldn't be on the ice if it wasn't safe ,with that in mind you have to know the lakes you fish for springs runoffs  etc. This time of year the east and north shores can get pretty beat up with sun and runoff . Not the time of year to go exploring for that new honey hole spot on unfamiliar waters. The Great divide is exit 114 ,north of there the weather can be night and day . Not sure where jiignut resides ,but north toward liberty seems to be the  new snow belt .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.