New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096150 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Raining here in Dutchess
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
how you feeling kb? had the sugery yet?
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sore.  I went in and came home on Friday. 

Now Im healing and going stir crazy(er)!!!  At least I have a new puppy to house train!!  I love it when he grabs my arm and shakes!!!  Ha ha ha

kb

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
I know someone with a pass for orange lake in newburgh but they don't fish there much. Any info on the depths and stuff on that lake would be great. thanks.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well im itching to hit up a few spots in sullivan    pm me when you feel like talking. i got a gass and 8'' hand that i use well bro.

Offline Moonshine mike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bulldog!!! Got 1
Orange lake nice crappies lots!!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Orange lake nice crappies lots!!
thats what i heard. do u know where the deepest area is?

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
thinking of testing walton in morning before work. how do you guys think it will be safe?

Offline triskel

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone fishing king of the ice this weekend.  Weather looks great.  I have fished it once...got skunked but fish it a few times a year and catch a few nice sized perch. i've heard some one caught and 8lbs walleye last week and a 4lbs this week.  Anyways, i will be in a frabill commando and clam yukon tc.  Stop on by!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I will be fishing the king of the ice ... never catch any fish but always have a good time...
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How can we get access to Orange lake??  I'd love to try it.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
How can we get access to Orange lake??  I'd love to try it.

need to either know someone who lives on the lake or get permission from a homeowner on the lake to fish and access it from their property

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Damn. That sux. I love chasing crappie

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Damn. That sux. I love chasing crappie

There are plenty of other lakes/ponds with crappie in them that have better size to them as well

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pm me with some details please. I'm off from work and would really like to get some ice time in

Thanks

Kb

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pm me with some details please. I'm off from work and would really like to get some ice time in

Thanks

Kb

try glenmere lake  ;)

• Team IceShanty Regular
Couldn't get out this morning got called into work for 6 gonna hit glemmere in am might try Walton after to check. Haven't tried glenmere yet this year how is the ice any one know?

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
Anyone fishing king of the ice this weekend.  Weather looks great.  I have fished it once...got skunked but fish it a few times a year and catch a few nice sized perch. i've heard some one caught and 8lbs walleye last week and a 4lbs this week.  Anyways, i will be in a frabill commando and clam yukon tc.  Stop on by!
. Where is the King Of The Ice being held at? Does anyone have the time and the cost to enter?
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Couldn't get out this morning got called into work for 6 gonna hit glemmere in am might try Walton after to check. Haven't tried glenmere yet this year how is the ice any one know?
was out there Saturday after the snow about 5 inches of solid clear ice. but with the snow it was a pain to walk around and as i was leaving the snow started to melt so there was a lot of water on top. be careful out there.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
the king of the ice will be at white lake... pre register $12.00  day of contest $15.00  6am- 3pm.
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
was out there Saturday after the snow about 5 inches of solid clear ice. but with the snow it was a pain to walk around and as i was leaving the snow started to melt so there was a lot of water on top. be careful out there.
all that water was not from snowmelt. what it is is coming up the holes cause of the weight on the ice...

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
the king of the ice will be at white lake... pre register $12.00  day of contest $15.00  6am- 3pm.
Thank you
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
       going to try & get out on thur.maybe white lake to do some scouting for the king of ice...

images.jpeg

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
drove by glenmere today there were 6 people out there fishing

Offline maxt

• IceShanty Rookie
drove by glenmere today there were 6 people out there fishing

Thanks for the info! Planing to fish it on Sat was wondering if it was safe.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went by round lake today there were tracks after the snow storm from the launch ramp out to the right side of the island. I could whede there were some holes drilled out by the island but i didnt check i thickness. Went by walton lake &you could see some old holes by the restaurant.  I didnt check ice there either. 2 guys were fishing on the orange & rockland lake with tracks all over the lake. WALT

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Apparently I am fishing the King of the Ice Derby.... dad just said "we" are taking my vehicle.... knew he was fishing it but I wasn't going to didn't want to deal with all the people... thanks for the heads up dad guess I have some research to do in between fishing the next couple days.... never caught a lake trout so I'll target them as well as the perch! If I catch a lake trout I'll be able to check off another species on my list...

There's walleye in there?!? Anyone have info if this is true?

• Team IceShanty Regular
hit a local lake since friend wasnt able to go. had 9 inches good ice and 2 inches of slop. caught some perch and bunch of gills lots of dinks. might try walton tomorrow if i can keep getting plans that dont allow me to get there

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Stopped up at Sterling Forest..this is what I was told.."There is only one Ranger working today. It takes two to safely check the ice. There will be no one checking today...". Now while I understand this is standard operating procedure, and I agree it would not be safe for one person to check, I just think that there are other employees that could utilized to check for the required 6" of ice..I would even volunteer to assist. So..no fishing today...oh well.
It is what it is....

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth there is indeed walleyes in white lake. While I have yet to catch one I have seen them on the aqua vu! As for the lake trout that's not a great chance lol. You might see one or two pulled out at the king of the ice. Same goes for the brownies but I have seen some nice ones come out. I will also be there with my stepfather. We both have blue clam portables so if you see us stop on by. We tend to stay away from the crowd so we shouldn't be to hard to spot. I placed second on the perch category several years ago with one slightly over 14". There are some nice perch in there you just got to find them lol. Good luck to all!  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.