New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096221 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Just checked weather report for the weekend.....  Fri. & Sat. looks OK........... Sunday starts the serious rain.  I'll be at Huntington Fri & Sat. (or Highland if that's the majority vote).  Might spend Fri. night into Sat. on the ice if I can find the Crappies.  Anyone else coming up???

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great day out there today with Team "White Pimple"!!  Here's a preliminary breakdown of the action on this very nasty but outrageously successful day on the ice:

Several milestones were achieved today namely, George got his first ever Laker, an impressive 27" specimen, Big Jim with his PB Ice Fishing Laker at 30" & 10 lb. + and Kevin rounding out the WOW factor with his PB and equally impressive 30" & 10 lb. + Laker.  Awesome day despite a meteorological A$$ Kicking!  Arguably one of the best days ever on the ice for a fine bunch of fella's!

George and his First Laker

Tim and a nice 28" Specimen

Big Jim with Monster #1

Kevin and the WOW Factor

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pics did not show for some reason--check the Otsego site for pics!!!!!!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Just checked weather report for the weekend.....  Fri. & Sat. looks OK........... Sunday starts the serious rain.  I'll be at Huntington Fri & Sat. (or Highland if that's the majority vote).  Might spend Fri. night into Sat. on the ice if I can find the Crappies.  Anyone else coming up???
       I can't make it on friday night due to I work in the city & dont get home till 6pm it would be very late
                  before I could even get there .Sat.night is a maybe . keep me informed .   thanks
images.jpeg

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Walton gave up some nice bass, and a 14 inch brown. it is done though. tough getting off!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline numinous

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the going gets tough the tough go fishing!
How are the Sullivan waters holding up?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How are the Sullivan waters holding up?
not bad at all...still over a ft of ice but watch yer shorelines and spring areas etc...around a inch or 2 of water on top...but we're getting rain and warm day time temps with aound 32 to 25 degrees in the evening... :-\

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
heres a nice bass we got yesterday on beach lake....this a shanty members son....was nice fishing with ya 4zice and lottie...we'll have to hook up again... ;D...................

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
nice bass there Joe!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Whooaa.......... how did we wind up on page 5 !!!!  Nobody been out fishin'??  I'm hearing the ice in Sullivan is going fast....edges are sketchy.  Will have better report tomorrow....my buddy in Yulan is going to check out a couple of lakes.  Been out twice down here for White Perch in tidal creeks....no luck so far, but gotta use up Fatheads from two weeks aago.
Anybody got a good spot for ice-out Browns??  Heading out Tuesday for Cod from Montauk.  New Season.....Here we go again !!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Whooaa.......... how did we wind up on page 5 !!!!  Nobody been out fishin'??  I'm hearing the ice in Sullivan is going fast....edges are sketchy.  Will have better report tomorrow....my buddy in Yulan is going to check out a couple of lakes.  Been out twice down here for White Perch in tidal creeks....no luck so far, but gotta use up Fatheads from two weeks aago.
Anybody got a good spot for ice-out Browns??  Heading out Tuesday for Cod from Montauk.  New Season.....Here we go again !!!!
hey let me know how the cod are doing out there     dad might be able to do that 1.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
  forget it ice balls,,i checked lakes on sat ,,from hunt,white,highland, all the way down to newburgh,,its done,,tight lines on the cod,, tell john,stay off

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Mike.....just spoke to John...no way onhis lake even witha plank.  It's Over!!   Timne for Baccala!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
For everyone that I had the opportunity to fish with, and those of you that I missed, I have to say that this was one of the best years ice fishing that I have ever taken part of.  Started out the first weekend in December up here in Pa, and finished last weekend in Pa as well.  Fished 9 different lakes over those weekends, and learned a lot of new things along the way.  Holehawg, I think that if we can, May would be good for the Big D, and maybe even a trip to Highland with the boat, and I hope we find a little more success than we did last year.  As for the rest of you guys, stay safe, enjoy the summer, and I hope to see more of you next season.

I'll still be here for the duration, and researching new ideas of things to try for next season.....When you have only been doing this for the short number of years that I have, I have a lot of empty space to fill with knowledge...And I thank all of you that have helped me along the way !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
For everyone that I had the opportunity to fish with, and those of you that I missed, I have to say that this was one of the best years ice fishing that I have ever taken part of.  Started out the first weekend in December up here in Pa, and finished last weekend in Pa as well.  Fished 9 different lakes over those weekends, and learned a lot of new things along the way.  Holehawg, I think that if we can, May would be good for the Big D, and maybe even a trip to Highland with the boat, and I hope we find a little more success than we did last year.  As for the rest of you guys, stay safe, enjoy the summer, and I hope to see more of you next season.

I'll still be here for the duration, and researching new ideas of things to try for next season.....When you have only been doing this for the short number of years that I have, I have a lot of empty space to fill with knowledge...And I thank all of you that have helped me along the way !    you betcha buddy...we'll hit the d  soon...

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular

I'll still be here for the duration, and researching new ideas of things to try for next season.....When you have only been doing this for the short number of years that I have, I have a lot of empty space to fill with knowledge...And I thank all of you that have helped me along the way !

You've helped quite a few people yourself Chris! Thanks! wish I would have fished with you guys a few more times this year, but I caught the laker bug big time and had a great season-gonna try 1 more time this weekend.  Anyway have a great spring/summer/fall and I'll see you guys next winter (hopefully in Dec. again..............

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sorry i didn't get to fish this year with you guys! we will make up for it this year. i may set up a delaware canoe trip with some of the guys, and a few of my brothers. i'll let you know.

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys,

I didn't get to fish much this season (only three times) but the times I did get out were a blast. It was really nice to meet you all, and I hope to see you guys again in the future. Holehawg thanks. Trout season opens soon, boder waters a little later. Summer months my wife and I are always  on the river or on one of the smaller lakes (Crystal is calling me as soon as the ice is out). I'll be around. Hit me up.

~EC

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just have to say this has been a looooong season. Saw a guy out on Tennanah Lake yesterday! And there was no open water anywhere, not even at the shoreline. I put my stuff away weeks ago and am ready for trout but holy cow; from early December to early April there has been ice fishing in Sullivan County. That is pretty wild.

Good luck on the river this year everybody!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys,

I didn't get to fish much this season (only three times) but the times I did get out were a blast. It was really nice to meet you all, and I hope to see you guys again in the future. Holehawg thanks. Trout season opens soon, boder waters a little later. Summer months my wife and I are always  on the river or on one of the smaller lakes (Crystal is calling me as soon as the ice is out). I'll be around. Hit me up.

~EC
hey joe...lets try to float the d this spring .... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
About 3 weeks ago, I can now say I fibbed a little bit......I made it out yesterday for a majority of the daylight hours....unbelievably still 18" with solid shorelines.....here are a few pics !   And I just have to say to all of you, this is not supposed to be " rubbing it in "    :tipup:
The Lake:

10" hole livewell

Unless it gets cold again, I checked the shorelines this afternoon, I think that a plank will be necessary after today......

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
And I almost forgot: Lunch !

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
nice day top    i heard the roundouts open end to end    ill be move there i think in a few lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good job topher! what a long season you had!! WOW!

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
Just giving a bump!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snow Flying here in Sullivan tonight..........bow season, rifle season, bow/smoke pole season and then..............ice ice baby......See you guys out there soon.

~EC

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ITS ALMOST HERE!!! WE GOT SNOW/RAIN MIX IN ORANGE COUNTY TOO!!! tight lines asap!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome back ladies and gentlemen ! As you may know, there is cold and snow ( we already have 2" by me ) on the way !  Please say a little Prayer for our buddy Holehawg, as he is having some pretty serious health issues that he is dealing with.....at the doctor today running a few tests.....Soon enough boys and girls....it will be time...

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Welcome back ladies and gentlemen ! As you may know, there is cold and snow ( we already have 2" by me ) on the way !  Please say a little Prayer for our buddy Holehawg, as he is having some pretty serious health issues that he is dealing with.....at the doctor today running a few tests.....Soon enough boys and girls....it will be time...

tell holehawg if he needs anything dont be afraid to ask, if i can help it will be done. hope we can get together this year a few times. getting the venison now for the cookout on the ice so i gotta get out there...

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
HiYa John...looking forward to spending some time together this season!!   Went and got myself involved in a J O B again, so it looks like weekends only for me.

Joe....you know our prayers are with you...... get that thing over with and get back out on the ice with us!!  Can't spend a season with out you...

Chris....Three inches of snow here on L.I. and the trees are still GREEN !!!  We may be fishing by Thanksgiving !!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You guys already think I'm nuts, but, here goes.........  Just read about the NEIT (North East Ice Tour) tournament and I think we should get together a couple of teams to fish these events!!!   The tour is on Pa. and NY lakes so that's in our ballpark!!!  How about it????  I'm looking for a partner for TEAM NO. 1 !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.