New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096225 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey pooley! Been out on Greenwood lately?
did not get out there this year.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Highland was fun today. Wind was wicked. Nice to meet some of the guys from this message board. Topher, that bait puck was rediculous. Damn near put a dozen medium bait fish in that thing.
nice meeting ya buddy...perhaps we can con ya into joining us out fishing sometime... :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
going out fishing in the morning is anyone else braving the weather and going fishing?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
going out fishing in the morning is anyone else braving the weather and going fishing?
You know it! I'll fish in the snow...not so much 40+ winds.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick

After Saturday, tomorrow should be a walk in the park... :whistle:

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi guys........

I finally got on the ice again this weekend. The wife and I hit up the Long Eddy firemans tournament on Delaware lake. Very few fish. Actually saw  a clam shell take off like a kite, which had us all laughing until we realized someone was inside it.

Hope all is well.
~Ec

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular

At 6 am my partner for the day called and said He wasn't going out in the weather. Ok buddy...I'll let you know what you missed. By 6:30 my boss called and said we gotta work. :( No fishing for me today...maybe during the week.

Tell us a fish story Loudmouth879.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi guys........

I finally got on the ice again this weekend. The wife and I hit up the Long Eddy firemans tournament on Delaware lake. Very few fish. Actually saw  a clam shell take off like a kite, which had us all laughing until we realized someone was inside it.

Hope all is well.
~Ec
lmao...dont laugh too hard... it happened to us too sat. at highland.....good  to hear ya got out  joe... :thumbsup:

Offline numinous

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the going gets tough the tough go fishing!
Hey Holehawg, were you the three guys out on White lake for KOI on Sunday, fishing near the south end at the narrows just before the lake widens out?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tell us a fish story Loudmouth879.

Well got to lake x at 645ish and its snowing and the gate was locked so had to pull my sled an extra 200yrds or so to get to my spot which i didn't mind. start to get set up (tipups rigged for perch and crappie) get the first two in the water and as im setting up the third one my first flag goes up so i go get it an its a slime dart >:( get the others in and dont get another flag untill the snow stops around 9 930 next flag another dart so i say f this and move to my right about 50 yards and first flag a perch  ;D start jigging and catch another perch then another caught a total of 6 perch only 3 keepers 3 slime darts all too small and not worth keeping even if they were big enough. the walk back in was a pain cause it was up hill but a guy was kind enough to help me and the gate still wasn't open... would post pictures but phone died.... all in all a slow day

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Anyone up for a possible trip to Huntington this coming weekend?

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
This may be a dumb question but what's a slime dart?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Fresh water Baracuda!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
It's a Chain Pickeral
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Holehawg, were you the three guys out on White lake for KOI on Sunday, fishing near the south end at the narrows just before the lake widens out?
nope but we were at highland lake on sat...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone up for a possible trip to Huntington this coming weekend?
maybe sat...my sundays booked...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
found this last week, sunk into the ice.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
found this last week, sunk into the ice.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
what do you think it is,,how long is it,,hard to tell from pic

Offline saquelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bear i think

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
maybe,,but the length will tell,,i think its an opossum

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone every fish round lake before just wondering about parking at the lake

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
anyone every fish round lake before just wondering about parking at the lake
fishermen can park in the lot on lakes road. be careful! there are springs that keep parts of it open longer than the rest of the lake.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
fishermen can park in the lot on lakes road. be careful! there are springs that keep parts of it open longer than the rest of the lake.

Thanks right now sitting on Walton praying for a brown only got 1 smallie so far

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Thanks right now sitting on Walton praying for a brown only got 1 smallie so far
fish the top 25 feet of water, over 50+ feet. ;)

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
i caught 2 browns at walton this year...1 in 36 FOW and 1 in 48 FOW       15 feet down and 20 feet down....small shiners

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lost one at the hole dead sticking  :-\ came off the bottom in about 45 fow don't know how many more i missed lost a bunch of fish on the way up couldnt set the hook properly idk

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
lost one at the hole dead sticking  :-\ came off the bottom in about 45 fow don't know how many more i missed lost a bunch of fish on the way up couldnt set the hook properly idk
you might need my 'lip ripper' for dead sticking. i'll send you pictures.

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
If your going to dead stick it do what I do and use circle hooks......they are self setting hooks......no need to set the hook just reel.  I also use them on my tip-ups for everything from perch to Muskie and 90% of the time they get hooked right in the corner of the mouth.  Good Luck and tight lines
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Out on Walton for trout hunt day 2 been out since 7ish 7 hours later and only 1 smaller and 1 perch

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
lmao...dont laugh too hard... it happened to us too sat. at highland.....good  to hear ya got out  joe... :thumbsup:

Yeah basketball is finally over so I got some more time on my hands now. Let me know what you guys are up to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.