New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096123 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i am the fish whisperer! i told the crappies to hide from you guys. LOL! glad you guys had a good day! joe must have fell into the bottle, no pictures!!LOL! :o ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sorry guys fell asleep with a beer in my hand last night...lol..heres some pics.......................................[IMG] ....i gotta run  and get on the ice...burning day lite... ;) ;D see ya guys later

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i am the fish whisperer! i told the crappies to hide from you guys. LOL! glad you guys had a good day! joe must have fell into the bottle, no pictures!!LOL! :o ;D
lmao..you win the steak knifes buddy.... ;) ;D.......................all right i gotta run and get some pics of my fish today... ;) ;D ...enough team photographer  / hook out / drinking leader stuff.... ;) ;D

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
WTG fellas, nice pick pic bc ;D..that is about the size of the pickerel I released by the pink house the previous we met. I also caught and releaed about a half dozen lmb after you left early pm too .. most the action was around sunset i take it? was for me .. So nobody caught any stockies? anyone fishing tipups high ? No crappie means a big school is still in there :o
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
good luck out there today Holehawg........that invite for tomorrow morning is still open, let me know what you want to do....pending the rain, we should be out most of the day tomorrow...and to everyone, in case I get a little tipsy later...HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
WTG fellas, nice pick pic bc ;D..that is about the size of the pickerel I released by the pink house the previous we met. I also caught and releaed about a half dozen lmb after you left early pm too .. most the action was around sunset i take it? was for me .. So nobody caught any stockies? anyone fishing tipups high ? No crappie means a big school is still in there :o
That pick was caught on tophers tipdown!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
That pick was caught on tophers tipdown!
It was caught while topher was on an "elusive fish" search

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
good luck out there today Holehawg........that invite for tomorrow morning is still open, let me know what you want to do....pending the rain, we should be out most of the day tomorrow...and to everyone, in case I get a little tipsy later...HAPPY NEW YEAR !
HEY I SHOULD BE UP AT SUPERIOR TOMMORROW IF YOU WANT TO HEAD THERE
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
HEY I SHOULD BE UP AT SUPERIOR TOMMORROW IF YOU WANT TO HEAD THERE

fishing with family tomorrow on a private lake...thanks for the invite though !

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
WANT TO WISH A ..... HAPPY NEW YEAR........ TO ALL YOU GUYS AND YOUR FAMILIES.  IT'S A PLEASURE TO HAVE FRIENDS AND FISHING BUDDIES LIKE THE GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS I'VE MET ON ICESHANTY!!  LONG MAY OUR FLAGS WAVE !!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
WANT TO WISH A ..... HAPPY NEW YEAR........ TO ALL YOU GUYS AND YOUR FAMILIES.  IT'S A PLEASURE TO HAVE FRIENDS AND FISHING BUDDIES LIKE THE GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS I'VE MET ON ICESHANTY!!  LONG MAY OUR FLAGS WAVE !!!

Oh Yeah....before I forget.....  HOLEHAWG , thanks again for hauling my sled up that hill.....never would have made it witrhout you!!  Good Luck today....Catch 'em up !!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
happy new years folks...thanks for the good times and the joking around.... ;) ;D....i'll post todays huntington catch pics as  soon as i load them from pc to photobucket..fer sum reason my pcs fritzin.... ::)......

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
happy new years folks...thanks for the good times and the joking around.... ;) ;D....i'll post todays huntington catch pics as  soon as i load them from pc to photobucket..fer sum reason my pcs fritzin.... ::)......
i'll have pics, as soon as they get sent to me! ::) we had a blast! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
my flags today...nutting huge but steady  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: for the most part.. ;D................................was real warm out there...got bored and took a pic of the jiffy.. ;D...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'll have pics, as soon as they get sent to me! ::) we had a blast! ;D
lmao..frankie get in the devils juice and tell goose hunting tales again.... ;) ;D..cant wait to see and hear.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Oh Yeah....before I forget.....  HOLEHAWG , thanks again for hauling my sled up that hill.....never would have made it witrhout you!!  Good Luck today....Catch 'em up !!!
yeah ya wudda big fella ;) have a happy roger.. :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
lmao..frankie get in the devils juice and tell goose hunting tales again.... ;) ;D..cant wait to see and hear.... ;D
we all got into the juice! he did want to shoot the seagulls! LOL!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
make sure you guys print off your tourney cards, they are available !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
make sure you guys print off your tourney cards, they are available !
oops i thought we had to wait til midnight...burp

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great day with all you guys.....weather cooperated, so did the fish!!  Re; Not enough beer.....you guys missed Evan's stash....he had a whole case of Molsens Golden!!!  We got caught in horrendous traffic on theway home (accidents on the road)....got back here at 9PM!!!

What are we doing next week???   Highland, Superior, Private lake in Yulan (I have access) ???

Hey Roger, nice talking with you today. Glad you guys had a great day, weather cooperated too. Has been real windy
and cold, good to have a brake. Sorry I couldn't join you, I'll be ready next week. Nice pics too.
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no rain yet.......i'm outa here .... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I get lots of little ones too...if I mark them, I catch them  ;)     that spring bobber setup I have in that pic is a St. Croix legend rod spring bobber setup that I customized to fit that particular rod....very simple to do.....if you want to save the hassle, just get a Jason Mitchell 24" spring bobber rod...I have one of those as well and I use it all the time
Good Morning and Happy New Year all!, topher, I was checking out the jason mitchell and see why you use it all the time!  nice! anyway, what I been using last few seasons and with dang good success is first choice: 27" med/light im7 guide series. and HT 25"PLG gold light... both are sensitive tips. I remember using spring tips many years aho with success but had a big eyed tip heavy stiff jig rod (forget the make) I gave that to my bro. Anyway, that is why I stopped using the spring bobbers, like the jason mitchell advertised, the rods I now been using seem sufficient enough for the setup I use chasing perch. Enjoy! I'm hoping local soon! Can't believe harriman is still closed, I am hoping to get north somewhere today or sunday.  glta
lonelywolf lol

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Help need. Open bait shot be highland lake
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no rain yet, 28 keepers getting ready to be filleted.....Gotta get some pics.....ice started off great today, but as the day wore on, a thin layer of water formed making it real slippery and wet.....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no rain yet, 28 keepers getting ready to be filleted.....Gotta get some pics.....ice started off great today, but as the day wore on, a thin layer of water formed making it real slippery and wet.....
same at huntington.. ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well...huntington was interesting today...the first hr i watched my new fishing buddy work his half of the ice.............he must'd had a flag cause he had breakfest.......then i had my first flag...a decent pick.....rest of the day i caught a few small bass (2)..and had a bunch of  spit bait flags  (3)...then it got boring and i fall alsleep in the chair again... ::) ;D....back to work tomorrow but i had a great 3 days in a row on the ice... :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Help need. Open bait shot be highland lake

there is a new shop located in the town of lumberland on 31 right off 97.  Really nice guy, real lively bait and good prices.  He told us that he can also get any kind of special bait that you want if you give him a heads up.  I will get the number it is posted at the little store on 31. (pete's)

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
here was the best fish from today  ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
here was the best fish from today  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)
your eating well this week!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com