Author Topic: Marcum pursuit HD vs AV revelation 5 pro comparison.  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking to get into a small camera. These are the two I am most interested in. Can’t seem to find much on the marcum pursuit. Was wondering if someone have had their hands on both and could tell me a comparison of the two.

Biggest thing I will be using it for will be locating weed lines and identifying bottom.

Cheers.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum pursuit HD vs AV revelation 5 pro comparison.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2020, 06:58 AM »
Looking to get into a small camera. These are the two I am most interested in. Can’t seem to find much on the marcum pursuit. Was wondering if someone have had their hands on both and could tell me a comparison of the two.

Biggest thing I will be using it for will be locating weed lines and identifying bottom.

Cheers.

One the biggest differences is the cable management. The AV has a cable reel built into the back that works exactly as it should and is wonderful.

Makes changing hole easy, quick and without a fuss.

Huge time advantage in my opinion.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Haven't physicaly seen the Marcum HD. I own a Revolution 5.0 Pro. Just from watching a Marcum HD review vid it appears to be MUCH more bulky than the AV.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:26 AM »
Haven't physicaly seen the Marcum HD. I own a Revolution 5.0 Pro. Just from watching a Marcum HD review vid it appears to be MUCH more bulky than the AV.

I travel with the AV in the pocket of my parka.

I looked at a photo of the Marcum and would buy the AV on the physical packaging differences alone.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Same and agree! Really convinient for it to just fit in a pocket :)

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2020, 09:14 AM »
One the biggest differences is the cable management. The AV has a cable reel built into the back that works exactly as it should and is wonderful.

Makes changing hole easy, quick and without a fuss.

The marcum pursuit has a cable reel as well. You might be thinking of the recon.

Huge time advantage in my opinion.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2020, 09:21 AM »
I was thinking of the Recon.

Not sure how the reel on the Pursuit works. It looks like you wind it with your hand while the AV winds itself when you turn the handle.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Does the new IR camera from Vexilar belong in this conversation?  Just curious because I’m in the market, too, and keep seeing it pop up.  I like the 90’ cable, but don’t know that anything else about it is particularly noteworthy.  Was also interested in the two the OP mentioned.  Sorry to hijack...

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:40 PM »
I have and really like the Micro Revolution 5 Pro. I upgraded my internal memory so I have tons of recording space. That said, the Pursuit HD looks really nice and I am tempted to get rid of my bigger Vexilar Camera and just get 2 small cameras. I love scouting with the Micro Revolution and like setting it up on tipups. The big cameras are nice, but a pain to lug around. You can get 30% off at Aqua Vu with code VIP2020

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:43 PM »
I have and really like the Micro Revolution 5 Pro. I upgraded my internal memory so I have tons of recording space. That said, the Pursuit HD looks really nice and I am tempted to get rid of my bigger Vexilar Camera and just get 2 small cameras. I love scouting with the Micro Revolution and like setting it up on tipups. The big cameras are nice, but a pain to lug around. You can get 30% off at Aqua Vu with code VIP2020

That is big savings. I am pretty set on the pursuit but I might have to reconsider now. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:44 PM »
didnt even think about setting  it up on a tip up //facepalm//
Remps - you may even get a case and a usb charger out of the deal

Offline Chris07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2020, 05:11 PM »
I am in the market for a compact camera as well, tried the Recon 5 a couple of summers ago and returned it, did not think it was worth it. The camera will be used for open water scouting as well as ice fishing.

For those of you with the AV Micro 5 Pro Revolution camera...... is the compass reading reliable and do you think it is worth the extra $$ over the regular Micro 5?      Also, is image of Micro 5 better than the Recon 5?

Thanks

Offline Nofishem

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum pursuit HD Nicole Stone Review
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2020, 05:43 PM »
For what it's worth. I've also been looking.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Unfortunately there are no side by side comparisons between camera units ..YouTube videos cant really tell you much either as to many variables to consider ...and no side by side comparison . I dont have a personal comparison between my AV Micro units and any other Aqua Vu models or any other makes/models of cameras..not many anglers with cameras in my area. 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:21 PM »
I agree with you on lack of good info.  It would be helpful to know the light conditions,ie.. sunny, cloudy, and the depth at which the video is shot.

I did find one video by "Bend It" he gave details of depth, light,etc.. for Micro 5 pro. 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2020, 07:59 PM »
I never really paid attention to the compass as I'm not ways 100% certain of headings in some places I fish. But today I did pay attention and it did appear to be somewhat accurate. Not sure if it's worth the extra money or not ...

Offline Chris07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2020, 08:59 AM »
@MissoulaFish,

Thanks for that info.  I think the compass heading would be helpful when scouting, more so than the dvr function, that I could do without.  Wish AV offered the compass feature on the Micro5.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.