Author Topic: X67 issue with the deep?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
X67 issue with the deep?
« on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Quick question guys I have a x67 an absolutely love the unit. Ran it for the 1st time in deep water this week hunting for lake trout an for some reason in graph mode which I prefer does not pick up my jig in deep water 70 fow or more. Any tips an tricks? Sensitivity setting? Flasher mode works great though it weird suggestions?
Dont be Skunked

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: X67 issue with the deep?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:44 PM »
What are you using for lure? I noticed that on my x67c that with a thin profile lure it's harder to pick up. Jigs like spoons etc. need more sensitivity adjusting but that's just my experience. Do you have it in chart mode? Manual settings on, and adjust upper and lower units. What depth are you picking up fish at? Try setting your uppers and lowers to the depth the fishing are coming through at and the sonar will concentrate its signal at that depth.

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Could there possibly be current that is pushing the jig outside the cone angle at that depth? Did you happen to have any other flashers there to verify that they would pick it up?

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:03 AM »
If you haven't done so already.  Turn OFF auto sensitivity and adjust it up.  The auto setting keeps it at 87.  Turn up ping speed also.  I haven't fished 70 feet but I am able to see my size 12 teardrop in 40 fow. 
I'm cold and I like it

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2012, 01:09 PM »
I can pick up a minnow and small 3/16 ounce splitshot at 98 feet.  You may have to aim your transducer a bit more.

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2012, 01:36 PM »
Could there possibly be current that is pushing the jig outside the cone angle at that depth? Did you happen to have any other flashers there to verify that they would pick it up?
Well I pick it up with the same unit just in ice mode with the flasher on just not graph mode which I prefer easier to distinguish a bit more detail.
Dont be Skunked

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2012, 02:39 PM »
i am sure you are aware but the sensitivity control in graph mode is separate from the sensitivity in the flasher mode. i also have never uses my 67 in that deep of water. if we ever get ice maybe i will try it out and c what happens.

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Well I pick it up with the same unit just in ice mode with the flasher on just not graph mode which I prefer easier to distinguish a bit more detail.

I haven't used mine in deep water so i have always wondered how well it would do in that type of situation. What type of adjustments have you done to the sensitivity and the colorline? I know that I make adjustments to both of them depending on the depths of lakes and and the bottom substrate. I am guessing that turning up the sensitivity would help you to find the jig if it is within the cone.   Are you able to mark fish in the graph mode? Also remember that the flasher mode and the graph mode have independent settings for colorline and sensitivity so it is possible to have the flasher set correctly to see your jig and have the graph set incorrectly and need adjustment.

Let us know how things go as I am planning to take mine to Lake Superior by the Apostle Islands for some Laker fishing and want to know what I can expect from mine.

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2012, 07:38 PM »
I not sure why you would have a problem at that depth. I can pick up tear drops in 100 FOW without any problem. Do you have the ice ducer or the skimmer transducer?

Make sure auto sensitivity is turned off and the chart manual mode it turned on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.